How is the "lounging?" - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2016, 07:10 PM   #21

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I'm surprised a creative fellow like you doesn't have a flip-up padded footrest, Myron.

In red cedar....

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 07-08-2016, 10:36 AM   #22

Name: Roxanne
Trailer: Casita
Minnesota
What is the brand name of the blue "back pack" seat, Patrick? It looks perfect!
MNDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:12 AM   #23

Trailer: Casita Patriot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNDreamer View Post
What is the brand name of the blue "back pack" seat, Patrick? It looks perfect!
mine have a west marine logo. i doubt they actually make them but i've not seen them under any other label. you can see them at west marine stores or online? mine are the old versions, the new versions are a bit larger so you might want to check dimensions. also, i you can find the older versions you might be able to get a deal...i got mine for half off since there were new ones already in the store.

p@
patrick crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 12:05 PM   #24

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
A lot of people with Escape 21's aand 5.0TA's are putting in a U-shaped dinette at the rear, with the idea of providing a nice lounging area. They seem to be very happy with it. Not sure if I will do this, or just to plan to lounge on the large dinette seats with a custom table folded smaller, and dropped to be used as a coffee table.

One advantage of lounging back there is the 3 big windows surrounding you.
12 years of use has proven the comfort and versatility of my wraparound couch design along with two different pedestal tables and a slide out feature for the bridge...
Attached Thumbnails
Pic011.JPG  
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 12:55 PM   #25

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
Here is a link to the West Marine chair.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 02:27 AM   #26

Name: Katrina
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
British Columbia
Reversed floor plan in Escape 19'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreengirl View Post
We love the gaucho bed arrangement in our Bigfoot. During the day it's a nice couch for lunging about,. but we've made the plunge and have ordered a new Escape 19. Our current plan is to have a u-shaped convertible dinette/bed in the back so we can have the "lounge" in the day time and a queen size bed at night. The best of both worlds?
Hi all! First time posting here. We've also got an Escape 19' ordered due next March. We're going to have a large U-shape lounge area in the back (which can also turn into a Queen bed) and the front will be turned into a permanent bed. Should be pretty comfy with a few throw pillows in there as well!
KatZam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:55 PM   #27

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
I agree with others...pile the bed with pillows. I've attached a photo showing my 2 comforters set up on my bed (when folded they make 4 layers of comfort). The second photo shows how I "glamp-up" my trailer. A colorful fleece throw, pillows with matching curtain panels and a few stuffed animals go far to make my tiny trailer extra comfy!
Attached Thumbnails
SCAMP Interior October 2011 026.jpg   SCAMP Southwest Decor 2013 009.jpg  

Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:50 AM   #28

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Leski View Post
My 19's front dinette is too small for me but sometimes you just have to lounge with what you got.
Myron, that's a great picture! Who's your friend at the window there?

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 02:22 PM   #29

Name: John
Trailer: Oliver
Texas
THANK THANK THANK YOU, I order two of these for our new trailer. Can't wait until they get here and I can get comfortable again. They are on sale 40% off at West Marine until 9/5 so I bought two...one for my big butt and one for the Mrs.
johnso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 02:34 PM   #30

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Cindy and Kevin have the ultimate all-molded-towable. Their trailer has an actual living room complete with two recliners! OH MY STARS... recliners!

If you want one, be prepared for a long wait. I think there were only about 12 SilverCloud's manufactured.

SWOON!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 06:32 AM   #31

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: Randy Bishop's 1978 Trillium 4500
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bster13 View Post
I've spoken to a few forum members with various sized egg campers and one thing that was mentioned was lack of comfortable seating inside. Seems like even the biggest egg campers only have either a bed or a dinette to sit (or both if you have a large egg).

Something tells me trying to sit on the bed or in the dinette for a few hours(maybe too buggy outside, or bad weather, or you just want privacy) may not be as good as those nice captain chairs or sofas found in more traditional TTs.

How has it worked out for couples out there on the road while fulltiming or out there for extended periods? Thanks!
Hello,

I'm newish to fulltiming, (since Jan this year.) My 8x15 Trillium feels pretty big to me. I'm just over 5'10" and I had a visitor come in who is 6' and he was surprised by how big it feels to lounge in here. The dinette seating is pretty spacious as is the couch/bunk area.

When I was travelling to California from Tennesee and stopped for a few nights in Arizona someone stopped at my trailer and asked to show his family because he used to have a trillium and he mentioned that he never got over how spacious they feel.

Jen
Old 09-06-2016, 12:18 PM   #32

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
This is what I did.
Click on this post---> http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...irs-68232.html
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sept 6th.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	276.9 KB
ID:	99445
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 10:06 PM   #33

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: Randy Bishop's 1978 Trillium 4500
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick crawford View Post
i found the dinette seating in my casita 16'er to be dismal. the ninety degree angle of the cushions didn't give a lot of support and never failed to give me a back ache. i tried several "cures" to no avail. a fellow member here turned me on to these wonderful seats from west marine. they are "event seats" intended for concerts, sports events, etc. and fold in half with backpack straps for getting them into the venue. i never use that feature but i do sit in them a lot while camp hosting, rainy days and any other time i just need to sit. very comfy altho a bit pricey but well worth it for my tired old butt.

p@
This looks very cool.