Keep or sell? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-11-2019, 08:57 AM   #15

Name: K C
Trailer: 1971 Trailswest Campster
Washington
Just quit thinking about the future and live for this year's new adventures. Then the next and the next each in their own time. You will know when the time comes that you no longer want to or can use it but you absolutely won't know when that will be until you actually get there. Quit trying to predict it, it might be tomorrow because of an illness or injurty or of course you might suddenly pass away without ever having had the chance to make such a decision. Or you might be using it at 110 years old even if you need to have a family member or friend tag along with you.

You are 72, grab that golden ring on the carousel for the free ride and get up on the pony and enjoy the merry-go-round as long as it is still spinning. Quit worrying about what you can or can't do a decade from now. You can't predict that. However the actuarial tables say if you have made it to your current age then you have a very good chance of making it to 100. An even better chance of it than the day you were born or when you were 20 or 30 or 50. An amazing statistic is that for every year older you get in your 70s the more likely it is that you will have an extremely long life. So you may still have 3 more decades to enjoy that trailer. You are still too young to put limits on yourself. I am only 3 years younger and I am not about to limit my life with thinking about having only a decade to enjoy my trailer.

Of course if it does get a bit run down then you can make someone very happy by selling it to them at a rehab price such as myself who bought that kind of trailer to fix up at the very young age of 67, a woman who has no intention of worrying about what is going to happen 10 years or even 20 years from now. Its just not worth worrying about because such thoughts drag you down in spirit and make you feel old when you don't have to ever feel old.

k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:20 AM   #16

Name: Eddie
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Florida
Depending on the state sales and personal property taxes are also to be considered. I recently upgraded trailers and got my new personal property tax bill and was a little shocked.
Eddie

Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:16 PM   #17

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
De-junk every nook and cranny, take out everything extra. Now pay a crew (like at an auto detailing place or hiring a maid service, even) to do a deep clean of everything inside including a good floor wax or carpet shampoo, cleaning appliances ilnside and out, etc. Now invest in new curtains and matching colored accessories here and there. Get a tin "poster" or two that match your new colored accessories enhance the appearance and put them up somewhere. Take out everything extra, leaving the inside more spacious and less jumbled.

NOW, consider. How do you like it now? Even if it doesn't make you want it all over again, it will definitely help sell it!

If you keep it, you've given it a new look, more space, and a whole new clean, colorful, exciting/restful vibe.

Kathleen

(One such "tin" sign/picture I find quite funny--I didn't order this one, though)
Attached Thumbnails
life's a beach, watch out for the crabs.jpg  
Old 01-11-2019, 12:35 PM   #18

Name: Henry
Trailer: Casita
Tennessee
Very good suggestion by Kathleen.
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:38 PM   #19

Name: Mon
Trailer: 13' 2008 Scamp...YAY!
Missouri
Sounds like you want to sell what you've got, then buy what you had.

Mon
monB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:45 PM   #20

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Rzbrn thanks! We did that once with a truck, and decided to keep it after all. Your nice comment made me smile!
Old 01-11-2019, 01:16 PM   #21

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Keep or sell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monB View Post
Sounds like you want to sell what you've got, then buy what you had.
Exactly how I feel about my aging body...

Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote