Laundry simplfied............ Kind of.......LOL - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Fulltiming in a Molded Fiberglass Trailer
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-12-2010, 01:48 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Laundry simplfied............ Kind of.......LOL

It's not often that a everyday product comes along that fit's the needs of a rv'er, I am not a product hawker, but the theory behind this product makes them so handy for rv'ers I thought I would pass it along. Our last camp out, 2 weeks. Knowing I would have laundry within a couple of days and not having the space in the Casita nor the patience to deal with it in a such a small space, I had made up a bag of detergent, softner, stain remover ect to do laundry in the campground facility's. Well in my haste to get packed and on the road, I left the bag behind. No biggie, I would pick up some at the store on my way to our first destination.

My dilemma, buying small enough containers of the products I needed so that I could store them from being underfoot the whole trip. Then I had a light bulb moment, What about those new detergent towels I have seen advertised? hmmmmmm, what were they called?

Well I found them, they are Purex Complete 3 in 1. Detergent, stain remover and softner all in one. I have to tell you, they are wonderful for having on board an rv. I remember when we had our Class A, I always carried the products I used but the hassle of dragging the stuff to the laundry and back was a pain. But now having the Casita and the storage issues are added to the issue. I am a happy camper to have found these useful and handy! Easy to take, store, and shuffle back and forth to the laundry facility. And in my opinion gentle enough on our camping clothes that I will continue to carry them in the Casita.

I am sure as the product gains popularity the other brands will start producing it as well. Still don't know if I would use it at home, but on the road. Oh yea!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:22 PM   #2

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
My friend Rosemary (The Winesta) endorses them too. Nothing to spill!
Old 09-12-2010, 04:08 PM   #3

Yet another bonus Lizbeth! For me it was how compacted they store away as well as how easy to drag to the laundry facility's.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:53 PM   #4

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
hi...i took them with us last winter when we headed south....all i can say is i LOVED them!!
not hard to store, easily stuck one in the laundry bag on my way to the laundromat, slick as can be...in fact--our son reid is presently on a cross-canada adventure--in his car with his tent--and my box of purex 3 in 1s...!!!! they get my endorsement 150%%.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:49 PM   #5

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16'
North Dakota
Registry
I used them in the military, when I deployed to places with laundry facilities and have used them in my current job with the Red Cross. They certainly cut down on weight and room in your deployment kit.
2005 Chevrolet Extended Cab Silverado
Tezha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:44 AM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Esteemed colleagues,

As I read over the above messages it strikes me that these would make a perfect testimonial. The military tie-in is a cincher. Robin, if you are so disposed, I respectfully suggest you send these messages to the appropriate office (PR and/or Marketing) at the manufacturer and indicate your willngness to participate in any promotion-- for a fee of course, or a lifetime supply of the product for all those involved. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Best regards, Rich Morrison
Rich Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:48 AM   #7

Robin ,

I'd be willing to make the initial contact on behalf of the Fiberglass RV.com membership, if you wish.

Rich
Old 09-30-2010, 01:02 PM   #8

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Morrison View Post
Esteemed colleagues,

As I read over the above messages it strikes me that these would make a perfect testimonial. The military tie-in is a cincher. Robin, if you are so disposed, I respectfully suggest you send these messages to the appropriate office (PR and/or Marketing) at the manufacturer and indicate your willngness to participate in any promotion-- for a fee of course, or a lifetime supply of the product for all those involved. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Best regards, Rich Morrison

i, for one, am behind this idea, rich!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:13 PM   #9

Let's wait and see

Let's give it a week or so and see what else comes in and then all those with an interest can decide.

Rich
Old 09-30-2010, 05:19 PM   #10

Trailer: 1973 Compact II / 2001 Honda CRV SE automatic
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Domingos Send a message via Yahoo to Joseph Domingos
Hey guys,
Thought I'd put my two cents in here. Though I have not taken them on a trip with me yet, as an apartment dweller I can say that I LOVE them for when I have to trek down to the communal laundry room! As the previous comments have voiced, small, light, and no mess. Before this I NEVER used a Purex product before, but I HIGHLY recommend these for college students, military, RVers, just about anybody!
Joseph Domingos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:46 PM   #11

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
I heard that you could set up a 5 gal pail on the tongue. Put your wash, detergent, and water inside, seal and by the time you get to your next stop, your clothes are washed!

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:33 AM   #12

Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Registry
Thank you for this....it's a subject that has come up on occassion betwixt me and the Handyman...how to do laundry on the road. I had wondered about those sheets...may have to try them en casa just to see how well they will suit my sensitive skin.

Luv the bucket trick. I remember a book of looooong ago called "Roughing It Easy" with ideas such as that for the long distance commute back and forth to work. Even spoke about wrapping dinner in foil, placing it on the manifold et voila' dinner in the driveway.

Back on topic...I can see how much easier this laundry product would be to carry, store and have minimal to toss out when done.

I'd volunteer for practical duty, too. I hate having to buy something to try it out.

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:37 AM   #13

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I'd like to see them come out with a 2-in-1. My skin can't handle fabric softener... makes me itch. Sigh.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:00 AM   #14

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Click image for larger version

Name:	3in1.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	33506
Might have to give it a try.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:47 AM   #15

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Did you hear the one about the married man who figured he did not need a clothes washing machine? His wife was always agitating.

I like the bucket-on-a-tongue idea. That could work. It would work even better on the rear bumper!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:35 AM   #16

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
I like the bucket-on-a-tongue idea. That could work. It would work even better on the rear bumper!
"Travels With Charly" by John Steinbeck, page 36
Old 02-24-2011, 10:27 AM   #17

Name: Bernie
Trailer: casita
Oklahoma
Works just as well inside. Especially if you put the container in the bathroom. In the event it spills open your drawers won't be blowing up and down the highway
bernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:07 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie View Post
Works just as well inside. Especially if you put the container in the bathroom. In the event it spills open your drawers won't be blowing up and down the highway

Exactly what I was thinking.................... I don't care to have my bra's and panties spread out all over the highway!
Old 03-07-2011, 09:36 PM   #19

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Portable Laundry - The Casita Club Forums
SITES- Forum - Gallery - Blog - Facebook
Aids10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:23 PM   #20

Trailer: Boler 1984
When back packing we would put the clothes into a heavy duty garbage bag with soap and water and shake it for several minutes then change the water for a rinse. Worked pretty well for the back country.

Camping is the time for quick dry poli ester and nylon products. Most will dry overnight or quickly in the sunlight..
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote