Medications - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-03-2009, 07:58 AM   #15
Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Wow, that's an experience I hope we never have. We never think about accidents when we go out, we don't really plan for those. Maybe your lesson learned is going to inspire others to think about what more they should be thinking about packing in their kits, safety at the campsite, supplemental health insurance.....

How many times have we seen someone splitting wood in sandals? Pack some steel toed footwear people.

How about fire safety? How many campers out there carry a fully charged fire extinguisher in their trailer?

Kirby and Adele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:00 PM   #16
Trailer: 1970 Campster
How about fire safety? How many campers out there carry a fully charged fire extinguisher in their trailer?
I do! I've had to put out several vehicle fires while one the road. . . other people's fires, of course. Not to be too grouchy, but it would be nice, though, if for once they offered to replace your fire extinguisher after you saved their vehicle. That reminds me, I forgot to put a new fire extinguisher in my car after the last rescue. An extinguished fire extinguisher will not do anybody any good!

Lisa H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:12 PM   #17
Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Back to the antibiotics. Guess I'll have to rely on the ER because there are so many antibiotics for different uses.

We did get an Rx today for Doxycycline to carry with us. Fred works out in the grass and woods and has had tick fever. I can just see us three days from home after he has been out and getting hit with tick fever.

But Doxycycline has very limited use. Fred can get bit by ticks, not dogs.

Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:10 PM   #18
Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
To Joy A's list,
we add,
tongue depressors (finger splint), and self adhesive guaze wrap
sports wrap/elastic bandage
Liquid squirt spoon benadryl plus tablets
scissors & knife
Gel burn pads
In freezer, cold pads for burn/sprain/pain
Self-heating wrap/self-adhesive pads for back pain, shoulder, etc.
Butterfly bandages
Eye wash/ and singe-use eye drops.
Tweezers/ and tick remover
Cell phone

Check your first aid kit at the beginning of the season to make sure everything is still in date, clean, and decent.
We don't ordinarily carry antibiotics, but if I were going on a long-range camping trip, hours from civilization, I'd ask my doctor for a broad-spectrum antibiotic to get me to the next town. A few day's worth could make a huge difference.

I carry one first aid kit in the truck, one in the trailer.
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:10 PM   #19
Name: Linda and Dale and Dallas the cat
Trailer: 1984 Fiber Stream
Okay, I want to chime in with something that I think is important to have in a first aid kit. It is a Sam Splint. It weighs 4 oz and can be stored flat or rolled. It can be cut for a foot, toe or finger brace, or used as a neck brace, arm or leg. It has strength in a curve and can be xrayed through for a broken bone. We carry one any time we hike, cave or are anywhere we might break or tear something. It can be washed and used again. Here is the website.

Linda&Dale is offline   Reply With Quote