Older & Just Retired & Never Had an RV Part "2" - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Fulltiming in a Molded Fiberglass Trailer
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-10-2018, 02:40 PM   #41

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
It's funny, I used to not like the more "woody" interiors, and the first time I saw a photo of the interior of a Bigfoot, I immediately said "nope" and moved on to looking at other makes. I personally still like the molded fiberglass interiors, and prefer normal Scamps to the deluxe, wood interior models.

At some point, seemingly out of nowhere, I started liking the Bigfoot interior. No idea what changed.

Your tastes will possibly change too, as you progress through the process of deciding on what to buy. And it'll possibly change after buying. It's not the most efficient way to do things, and definitely not the cheapest, but often you just figure it out as you go. It's already been brought up. There's a decent chance that whatever you buy will be far from your last trailer.

You clearly have a good sense of what you like and don't like, so most of what you're hearing here, which is all our different opinions, won't relate to you. I get the feeling you've got it under control, but obviously people who have already owned a fiberglass trailer or two will have some perspective that'll help.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:40 PM   #42

Name: Brad
Trailer: Interested
Montana
Looked at Parkliner today.Good for taller people.Owner said he had to do lots of tweaks but liked it ok. A little to small inside for me but build looked ok. He did say if they do not run an a/c on a hot day it will be very hot inside.
We are still looking.Decided we did not like the bed placement on the Bigfoot unit we were looking at.
Montana Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:16 PM   #43

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Brad View Post
thrifty bill,
I had read that Thor bought Airstream and there were issues.

Everything I have read on Airstream quality problems, I would not use the words "there were issues" but instead I would use the words "there are still issues". People are reporting serious problems with brand new units. Thor still owns Airstream.

When compared to car quality, none of the RV manufacturers have the robust manufacturing processes in place to build in consistent quality. Instead, they seem to use the old fashioned, "inspect to quality" process instead.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 08:25 PM   #44

Name: Connie
Trailer: Scamp
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Brad View Post
Thanks-I was looking to do this sooner than latter.Does anyone know if scamp has a referral program?
Yes they do Brad
Maneelu is offline   Reply With Quote