Selling the House - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2014, 10:43 AM   #61

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Craig,
Thank you very much for that information. We know from experience that there are hidden, not intentionally, pieces of information, certainly part of the reason for the existence of this web site.

When Ginny went to the doctor, prepared to have an operation on her hip, the addition of a simple, 30 second exercise resolved it in 6 weeks. At the same time I mentioned Vitamin D and he told me how it dramatically reduced falling down in the elderly.

Every time I go to our Doctor I learn something I should or could be doing.

Thank you for the tip.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:08 PM   #62

Name: Tom
Michigan
Norm and Ginny, good to read my message was more timely than I thought! Have a blast!

Craig, that kind of "anecdotal evidence" is powerful by my way of thinking. Thanks for sharing. We will get our levels checked.

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:01 PM   #63

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Norm & Ginny, Happy 50th !!!!!!
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:18 PM   #64

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig D. Thompson View Post
On Vitamin D:

About 8 years ago or so I developed a sore area under a tooth, in the gum & root area. Felt like a low level infection. If I ignored it it became tender with sharp pain when touched. Also developed a sensitivity to cold with my teeth. My dentist said to use toothpaste for sensitive teeth. It seemed to work for a while.

Using a WaterPik once a day helped a lot with the sore gum.

When the symptoms came back the dentist gave me a script for a special toothpaste. It seemed to work for a while.

When the symptoms came back the dentist gave me a script for a special mouthwash. It did not seem to work. The dentist shrugged his shoulders. I was on my own.

Almost 2 years ago I had a yearly physical with my physician, including blood work. It showed I had a Vit D deficiency. My physician had me take 2000 IU per day of Vit D.

After a month the new blood work showed normal level of Vit D.

I also suddenly realized that my sore gum and cold sensitivity were gone. I mentioned this to my dentist and he laughed at me.

By mistake one time I bought 400 IU Vit D pills. The soreness and cold sensitivity came back in a few weeks. I increased the dosage back to 2000 IU per day and the soreness & cold sensitivity went away.

As my PhD sister would say, that is anecdotal evidence. Maybe but with the changes I experienced and if there is no harm in the dose I take, I will continue.

Sorry for the long post but it seems this type of info needs to be passed on.

Craig T.
Craig, if my dentist laughed at me, I would get the last laugh by finding a nicer dentist. They and doctors seem to think they know so much more than us less-educated peons that anything we say is nonsense if it doesn't line up with their 'book learning.' Four or five years ago when my wife would tell a doctor that she was taking probiotics for her digestive tract, the doc would look at her like she was nutty. This spring her current doctor (not the same as before) told her to be sure to take extra probiotics along with the antibiotics she was getting prescribed that day.

It seems plain to me that one of the best things a doctor could do for a patient would be to annually draw some blood and have all vitamin and mineral levels checked. Yet for all the money they charge for a physical, I don't think they include this one very obvious thing.

I have been taking a supplement containing vitamins and chelated minerals for about 20 years now. I get mine here: http://www.lifezone.com/ (I'm not affiliated with the company in any way). The extra energy I felt when I started taking them was very obvious to me. And unlike back then, I hardly ever catch a cold or flu or anything.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:19 PM   #65

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Carl.

We we're 22, days before we married. Thanks for the good wishes.
We were 19 years old, just days before we married, but still have 8 more years to catch you two...... Have a Blessed Anniversary.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:39 PM   #66

Florida
Dave and Paula,

Nice to get a posting from you, We look to stopping by the 'Junction' one of these days.

Truly wishing you well and all the blessings possible.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 08-19-2014, 07:11 PM   #67

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
Norm and Ginny,
We've followed your travels, and your thoughtful posts for years.
We wish you a joyous family celebration honoring your fiftieth anniversary, and the blessings of many more!
Happy travels,
Sherry and Paul
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:41 PM   #68

Florida
Sherry and Paul,

Thanks for the kind words. Our Seattle son and his wife arrived today and Ginny's floating about with a big smile and warm heart. Definitely a busy fun week for us.

We have been fortunate.

Thank you and everyone, for the good wishes.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 08-19-2014, 10:58 PM   #69

Name: Bill
Trailer: In the market
Nevada
Happy 50th anniversary! You truly are soul mates. Have a terrific time with your family!
Chillywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:06 AM   #70

Trailer: 1991 17 ft Horizon
The best to you guys on your 50th anniversary .
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:05 AM   #71

Florida
Tim and ChillyWilly(?),

Thanks guys,

Tim are you going to be at the Scamp Camp this year.

ChillyWilly, I have to ask the source of your name.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 08-20-2014, 03:33 PM   #72

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
You're reaching a major milestone and a testament to your love, patience and perseverance. May you have another 30 years together, just as happy as the first 50.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:49 PM   #73

Florida
Mike,

Thanks we're truly happy to have made 50 years. Generally they have been easy though like every life there are those days......

We'd really love another 30 years. Ginny says live each day as though it may be your last, be happy to be alive and treat each day as a gift. We wake each morning happy to be lying together with our eyes open.

I have often said that if we died tomorrow morning we'd be happy for the joy we've had. The last 14 years on the road were magical for there is 'found joy' (when I was raising money for our fledgling company the money managers would continually tell me not to use the word 'magic'). Sometimes you get to a happy place and are not fully aware how, like you're being guided by an unseen hand. Ginny swears it's her mother.

Thanks Mike.

You know we sleep on our Scamp's bed. One nice feature is that we both get up because you can't really have breakfast until you take the bed up.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 08-20-2014, 07:28 PM   #74

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Congratulations on your 50th anniversary. May you have many more! You two have found real Love. You are an inspiration to many.

Sandy C
Sandy Christie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:40 PM   #75

Name: Bill
Trailer: In the market
Nevada
Norm and Ginny,

Chillywilly seems like the perfect nickname for me. I'm always cold. Grew up in Ohio, now live in Vegas and I'm still cold! But a lot of people kid me about being chilly and with a name like Bill, Chillywilly was a perfect fit.
Chillywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:41 AM   #76

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Bill thanks funny cuz I live in the desert too. Born in Mich but have thin blood. When we go to visit friends I'm putting on a light jacket when it's 75* and they think I'm crazy too
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:17 AM   #77

Florida
Thanks Bill (and Dave). I'm the same way, generally feeling cold and often wearing a sweater. It seems that as I've aged my thermostat has changed and I don't respond to coolness the way I used to respond. I mentioned this to my doctor and he said wear a sweater. I really find grocery stores cold.

Small things but interesting.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 08-24-2014, 11:10 PM   #78

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Smile Dear Newlyweds

Since this thread seems to have turned into a congratulatory one to Norm and Ginny on their 50th I thought I could give you two newlyweds some advice.

Don't sweat the small stuff.

Take long walks instead of having long arguments.

Just think of starting over with another spouse who probably would have worse traits than the one you have.

Accept your spouse, after all they have accepted you all these years.

Do nice things for each other all the time. My wife loves hot water bottles.

This coming from a couple who will be celebrating their 52nd come November.

Love, Roger & Mary

PS: Oh, and congratulations!!

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:59 AM   #79

Florida
Congratulations Roger and Mary, only 5% make 50 years.

Ginny's approach is very simple, "Be nice to people, be considerate".

You can see this attitude when Ginny talks with people. It's never about Ginny, she's always attempting to hear their story, gently engaging in conversation, in a sense in a subservient way. In the early day's of our marriage I found this distracting but have since learned that it is an embracing style.

Kindness is an expression of loving others.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 10-06-2014, 05:45 AM   #80

Trailer: Scamp 13'
Florida
Norm & Ginny,
You spend all the time you want in Florida I've been here for 30 years and still enjoying it. This is the best place to live East of the Mississippi in the winter I would like to retrieve up North from the heat and humidity during the hottest months though. The picture is the lake we live on. We use to get a natural draw down about once every 10 years. But this time around the lake has been low due to drought from the last 4 years. The picture is from our neighbors labor day cook out, our dock is the one on the left. We can use a tropical storm to try to get levels back to normal.
Attached Thumbnails
Labor Day.jpg  
Mike-N-Laurie is offline   Reply With Quote