Selling the House - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-20-2014, 07:05 AM   #71

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Tim and ChillyWilly(?),

Thanks guys,

Tim are you going to be at the Scamp Camp this year.

ChillyWilly, I have to ask the source of your name.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:33 PM   #72

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
You're reaching a major milestone and a testament to your love, patience and perseverance. May you have another 30 years together, just as happy as the first 50.

How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:49 PM   #73

Florida
Mike,

Thanks we're truly happy to have made 50 years. Generally they have been easy though like every life there are those days......

We'd really love another 30 years. Ginny says live each day as though it may be your last, be happy to be alive and treat each day as a gift. We wake each morning happy to be lying together with our eyes open.

I have often said that if we died tomorrow morning we'd be happy for the joy we've had. The last 14 years on the road were magical for there is 'found joy' (when I was raising money for our fledgling company the money managers would continually tell me not to use the word 'magic'). Sometimes you get to a happy place and are not fully aware how, like you're being guided by an unseen hand. Ginny swears it's her mother.

Thanks Mike.

You know we sleep on our Scamp's bed. One nice feature is that we both get up because you can't really have breakfast until you take the bed up.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 08-20-2014, 08:28 PM   #74

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Eastern Ontario
Congratulations on your 50th anniversary. May you have many more! You two have found real Love. You are an inspiration to many.

Sandy C
Old 08-20-2014, 10:40 PM   #75

Name: Bill
Trailer: In the market
Nevada
Norm and Ginny,

Chillywilly seems like the perfect nickname for me. I'm always cold. Grew up in Ohio, now live in Vegas and I'm still cold! But a lot of people kid me about being chilly and with a name like Bill, Chillywilly was a perfect fit.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:41 AM   #76

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Bill thanks funny cuz I live in the desert too. Born in Mich but have thin blood. When we go to visit friends I'm putting on a light jacket when it's 75* and they think I'm crazy too
Old 08-21-2014, 06:17 AM   #77

Florida
Thanks Bill (and Dave). I'm the same way, generally feeling cold and often wearing a sweater. It seems that as I've aged my thermostat has changed and I don't respond to coolness the way I used to respond. I mentioned this to my doctor and he said wear a sweater. I really find grocery stores cold.

Small things but interesting.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 08-25-2014, 12:10 AM   #78

Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Registry
Smile Dear Newlyweds

Since this thread seems to have turned into a congratulatory one to Norm and Ginny on their 50th I thought I could give you two newlyweds some advice.

Don't sweat the small stuff.

Take long walks instead of having long arguments.

Just think of starting over with another spouse who probably would have worse traits than the one you have.

Accept your spouse, after all they have accepted you all these years.

Do nice things for each other all the time. My wife loves hot water bottles.

This coming from a couple who will be celebrating their 52nd come November.

Love, Roger & Mary

PS: Oh, and congratulations!!

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:59 AM   #79

Florida
Congratulations Roger and Mary, only 5% make 50 years.

Ginny's approach is very simple, "Be nice to people, be considerate".

You can see this attitude when Ginny talks with people. It's never about Ginny, she's always attempting to hear their story, gently engaging in conversation, in a sense in a subservient way. In the early day's of our marriage I found this distracting but have since learned that it is an embracing style.

Kindness is an expression of loving others.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 10-06-2014, 06:45 AM   #80

Name: Mike
Trailer: Scamp 13'
Florida
Norm & Ginny,
You spend all the time you want in Florida I've been here for 30 years and still enjoying it. This is the best place to live East of the Mississippi in the winter I would like to retrieve up North from the heat and humidity during the hottest months though. The picture is the lake we live on. We use to get a natural draw down about once every 10 years. But this time around the lake has been low due to drought from the last 4 years. The picture is from our neighbors labor day cook out, our dock is the one on the left. We can use a tropical storm to try to get levels back to normal.
Attached Thumbnails
Labor Day.jpg  
Old 10-06-2014, 06:51 AM   #81

Name: Mike
Trailer: Scamp 13'
Florida
By the way the people in the picture is my lovely wife on the left, my son, nephew and his girl friend. We have been married 35 years!
Old 10-06-2014, 07:36 AM   #82

Florida
Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-N-Laurie View Post
Norm & Ginny,
You spend all the time you want in Florida I've been here for 30 years and still enjoying it. This is the best place to live East of the Mississippi in the winter I would like to retrieve up North from the heat and humidity during the hottest months though. The picture is the lake we live on. We use to get a natural draw down about once every 10 years. But this time around the lake has been low due to drought from the last 4 years. The picture is from our neighbors labor day cook out, our dock is the one on the left. We can use a tropical storm to try to get levels back to normal.
Nice looking family Mike. Ginny is very high on Florida as her favorite place and she's with you on being north in the heat of the summer.

As to the lake level and tropical storms, we are in our 8th year without a major hurricane and really barely any hurricanes at all since 2005. Of course this is the opposite of what the Global Warming Activists projected. Fortunately there are natural cycles and your lake will come back.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16