something to think about - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-05-2016, 09:20 PM   #15

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
II. This Proposed Rule
After reviewing the MHCC's recommendation, HUD is accepting the recommendation with revision. Initially, HUD proposes to restructure the exemption by removing it from  3282.8 and codifying it at  3282.15. HUD is also proposing to incorporate ANSI's updated 2015 Recreational Park Trailer Standard, A119.5-15, which after review, HUD believes best reflects the current state of recreational vehicle construction. Finally, to ensure consumer awareness of the difference between manufactured housing and recreational vehicles and the construction standards used to build each, HUD is proposing to require that each ANSI A119.5-15 certified structure seeking an exemption include a notice to be prominently displayed in a temporary manner in the kitchen (i.e., countertop or exposed cabinet face) until the completion of the sale transaction that explains that the manufacturer certifies that the structure is a recreational vehicle designed only for recreational use, and not for use as a primary residence or for permanent occupancy. The notice shall further explain that the manufacturer certifies that the unit has been built in accordance with ANSI A119.5-15. This notice shall be placed prominently to ensure consumers are made plainly aware of the distinction between recreational vehicles that are not self-propelled and manufactured housing, reflecting the intent of the MHCC in its recommendation to draw a clear distinction between the two products.

Old 04-05-2016, 09:23 PM   #16

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
You can live full time in your car if you want to. And people do.

Old 04-06-2016, 10:00 AM   #17

Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Colorado
Registry
Posting and reading the actual language of a reg. is always best.

I don't understand why HUD or the manufactured housing industry would give a rats ass about whether or not the RV buyer understands,

“…that the manufacturer certifies that the structure is a recreational vehicle designed only for recreational use, and not for use as a primary residence or for permanent occupancy.”, or that,

“…consumers are made plainly aware of the distinction between recreational vehicles that are not self-propelled and manufactured housing,”

The distinction between the two types of structures looks like a regulation in search of a non-existent problem, unless there is more than what meets the eye behind this regulation. Follow the money. Is HUD trying to avoid making housing loans on RVs, or on some of the looney types of tiny houses that have little or no resale value, or is the manufactured housing industry making sure RVs don’t qualify and therefore don’t compete for HUD financing, or ??

A distinction is being made for reasons not yet apparent. I don’t think it’s to outlaw a type of housing, but rather smells like someone wants to cut off funding for a competitor. You can build whatever you want, but HUD won't finance it.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:48 AM   #18

Name: P
Trailer: Casita
Washington
From what I read, it is an attempt to make sure buyers understand the difference between an RV and a manufactured home. Sounds like there has been a bit of confusion over the more luxurious models so the industry wants to make sure people understand. Look at some of the high end travel trailers and motor homes. They have multiple slide outs, fireplaces, bars, two bathrooms, etc. They do look like you could live permanently in them, but they aren't made to the same codes as the mobile homes. They aren't as durable. So, for the segment of the population that doesn't understand that, a new sticker must be stuck on the wall--kind of like all the warning labels on everything else. I wonder if complaints and law suits have been filed because the seal over the slider leaked after a couple of years of full time living?

Me thinks that the aluminum foil industry is behind the "conspiracy" movement. More hats will be made and more foil used if this conspiracy is spread about.

Oh...snakes can be very hard to shoot. They tend to move a lot. A shotgun works best. But make sure the rattlesnake is not snuggled against irrigation pipe. Don't ask me how I know this.
Old 04-08-2016, 10:20 AM   #19

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpat View Post

Me thinks that the aluminum foil industry is behind the "conspiracy" movement. More hats will be made and more foil used if this conspiracy is spread about.
Or perhaps the "conspiracy" movement was merely conjured by the regulators as a device to discredit every voice of opposition.
If that were so, of course, it would come with a hundred pages of regulations on how to build and under what conditions to wear foil hats!
Old 04-08-2016, 11:31 AM   #20

Name: None
Trailer: None
None
Manufacturers and builders often try to skirt the laws / codes by mislabeling products . RV's and manufactured homes have different code requirements which may alter costs .If by calling a product by a different name they can save a few bucks they will.
Is a park model trailer an RV or a manufactured home designed for full time occupancy?.
Old 04-08-2016, 12:44 PM   #21
Commercial Member

Name: Brian
Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Silly people ... Snakes don't have arms and therefore can't be armed. 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV

brian m. is offline   Reply With Quote