Step 1 Completed - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-19-2017, 01:33 PM   #15

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
mark

yep I know that area used to sell things to Alton schools I like the town I will keep this in mind. I am a little out of tenting right now with the back surgery!

I have this on file and will consider by the way I have been all over that region including Salem on down! People don't realize how great this area is worlds largest springs there matter of fact.

thanks for the tip

bob

Old 10-20-2017, 11:02 AM   #16

Name: Bob
Trailer: Parkliner
Georgia
My 2014 ParkLiner measures at almost 78" in front of the door. There's a light basically where you'd stand up from the bed; there it's 75 inches plus. Nothing else comes down from the ceiling.
The bed is 82" in the side-to-side dimension. Probably should have measured the door, now that I think of it.

(For mine, and I think for all 2016 and earlier models, the A/C is through the wall under a bench; as I understand it, 2017 on they plan to under put it on the roof, probably about where that light is, so might protrude a bit more.)

Old 10-20-2017, 05:04 PM   #17

Missouri
I frankly don't know how you tall people deal with us short people you know we are in the majority so everything built to us!

by the way there is a guy in Va. I have become pals with he is a trout fisherman deluxe. There they raise tropy trouts he get up at 3am scouts out his place in the brush and waits until 6am. he catches them that weight up to 10lbs.

back to our 13f scamper can you belive my wife and I sleep on a 44in mattress with a doggie! it was tough figuring out how to do and the first night was not fun but after that we make it through the night!

we too want to camp out about 1 mo at a time I don't know if she will stand for longer than that. We are mooooochers at the Walmarts have been run off once but now we pull them up on gps and call them. don't even need to go into the store.

Columbia scared me we don't camp there but one time we went by and they had put up no loitering type signs but I still see trucks the 500k rigs and us parked there so I guess they aren't going crazy yet. there have been some drug deals go down there certainly in your town too.

seems to be a way of life now!

good luck maybe we will find each other we will be heading to n.c. soon1

bob
Old 10-25-2017, 09:23 AM   #18

Name: Mark
Trailer: currently shopping
Missouri
Yep, even have a hard time finding shoes, pants, shirts - markets don't give much consideration to large people.

I spend more time trout fishing because my buddies are into it. I prefer smallmouth fishing in the Ozark streams. Much better fighters!!
Old 10-25-2017, 09:43 AM   #19

Missouri
trouting and clothes

yes on the clothes you cant really even do mail order they never fit either! on the trouting we fish on the bridge catfishing style. Sometimes we do great sometimes we get skunked.

I am amazed at the people who wont eat them they say they taste like alphapha! I have not noticed that except I live their flavor!

By the way what part are you normally parked in?

bob
Old 10-25-2017, 09:59 AM   #20

Name: Mark
Trailer: currently shopping
Missouri
Count me as one who don't care for taste of trout. I'll eat them occasionally (on the grill with lemon, butter and onion), but give me crappie and blue gill fillets anytime over trout.

I assume you are talking about the Eleven Point and the Hwy 19 bridge at Greer???? We fish almost exclusively from Turner to Whitten - the White Ribbon area as group likes to harvest enough to eat and take some home. The water levels determine where we put in or park, normally launch at Turner. But right now my buddies with jets almost have to launch at Whitten. I think the Turner to Whitten stretch is the prettiest part of the river. The Whitten to Riverton stretch can get tough for jets with low water stretches and Halls Bay shoals. And longer stretches between moving water the farther downstream you go. But it's all beautiful, we've covered the entire MO part from Thomasville to Arkansas line. Good smallmouth fishing on lower stretch from Hwy 142 bridge to Arkansas. Walleye in this section too, but we have never been so lucky.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:02 AM   #21

Missouri
no

mark we camp mostly at Bennett, have been to roaring river and mantauk. we like mantauk reall well but its an hour past bennet. We are not into what you are doing not into the boating much

regards

bob
Old 11-14-2017, 01:06 PM   #22

Name: Joe
Trailer: 2013 EggCamper & 2011 Silverado Reg Cab 4x4
Ohio
Mark. I'm in your same boat at 6'5 3/4" to be exact. My #1 pick would be an Escape 5.0TA. #2 is an EggCamper. I believe those are the only FGRV we fit in, period.

Some say its ok to not be able to stand up straight, or lay stretched out. I tried in in a Casita, it didn't work for me. Even standing in my friends Escape 21 is a HUGE no-go for me!

The TA wins in my mind because we want to extensivly travel too. I just dont think the EggCamper has enough room for all the "stuff" needed. Solo, yes. Couple, no. So the 5.0TA wins. Lounging on the U shaped dinette of an Escape seems like it would be nice too.

But I have to admit I LOVE the hard tonneau on my Silverado and all the truck bed for the camp gear, water, chairs, BIG beer cooler, etc. So that's a HUGE negative for the fifth wheel. Although one thing I really like about the fifth wheel is that just any low life cant hook it up to their 2" ball and steal your home while you are sightseeing! Big Plus!

Neither is perfect. But one of those two is the only option for us....

2013 EggCamper #120

Joe's EggCamper Journal
JWScarab is offline   Reply With Quote