Thoughts on Fulltiming (Extended Travel) - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-20-2012, 09:06 AM   #15

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Fulltiming and Thoughts

A side benefit of extended travel is that you have more time for thinking and sharing thoughts with your travel partner.

First you have more time to think about things, after a week on the road you are less burdened by concerns for family and freinds, you're just not there to become embroiled in what ever. I quickly find my mind extending down new pathways.

Second you have more time to share your thoughts because both of you are together, not working, not house keeping. You have a more shared life and thoughts.

I had not considered this life style benefit before our travels. It has brought Ginny and I closer together.

Lastly, and equally important, though I've known Ginny since I was 15, I have learned things about her likes that I had never expected, not things inconsistant with her essence, but little things that please her. I have developed in the last 12 years an extended knowledge of my wife.

This lifestyle is very interesting to me.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #16

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Connecticut
Send a message via Skype™ to Night Sailor
Norm and Ginny's threads and comments are always worth reading. And it is clear also they have a great relationship to survive in the tight quarters of an egg camper. Kudos to you! Keep the posts coming.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:46 AM   #17

Florida
Thanks Conrad,

As difficult as some feel it is to survive in the space of a small trailer, it's certainly true that it is more difficult to survive in the space of a normal living situation.

These day's most families have plenty of space, even the poorest among us, certainly compared to the general world population, yet the stress of life, work and relationship serves to destroy what typically begins as the happiest of times.

We attended the best wedding we've ever attended in Neveda's Ruby Mountains this year. Our nephews wedding was a three day wedding where practically all 60 participants spent, Friday-Sunday deep in the mountains in a campground, 30 miles from a gas station or grocery store of any kind.

Most slept in tiny A frame shelters with a single light bulb hopefully in sleeping bags. The bride and groom and Ginny and I each had a trailer.

The bride and groom supplied everything from every meal to all toiletries. The meals were great and embracing...you really got to know everyone in a joyous way. Games, dancing , meal preparation, hikes, ..... all were a blast for three full days.

Life can be beautiful, the choices we make, our attitdue towards the everyday do make the difference.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 10-22-2012, 12:04 PM   #18

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
norm and ginny, i to have know bob since i was 14 and as we get older and change our ways I to have learned new things about him. As far as small quarters go I love it, its not for everyone but it is for us we met 48 years ago camping with our families. you dont need all the space a house gives you, sometimes i go out and just lay in the uhaul becuase i love the feeling of just being in it, we have spent 4 weeks at one time and loved it so this year we decided to go for over 3 months, I have no doubts we will survive, will keep our eyes open on the road for you, would love to meet you.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #19

Florida
Meeting

Mary and Bob,

I'll PM you when we are near leaving and monitor your travels. If we're anywhere near you we be happy to make a diversion.

It our short time home we cram in our doctor's appointments, today it was the eye doctor. He made an insightful (no pun) comment asking us what friends and relatives thought of our extended travels. I responded some are envious and others think we're crazy/

He commented "it's often is a good sign when some think you're crazy".

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 10-23-2012, 12:33 AM   #20

Name: Ken and Janey
Trailer: Trail Mite sold :(
Oregon
Registry
We are thankful we met you at the Oregon meet, you two are an inspiration to those of us new to RVing, it has opened up doors for us and our kids. Thanks again for sharing your ideas that make the trip even more enjoyable.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:23 AM   #21

Florida
By Extension

He commented "it's often is a good sign when some think you're crazy".

The Doctor's comment was a reflection on the extended travel RV lifestyle , compared to the everyday life style, even compared to more ordinary weekend or vacation use of a trailer, for most people could understand the occasional use of a trailer for travel.

This morning I woke realizing that his comment actually contains wisdom that extends to all of life. The march forward is often realized by risk takers who are willing to push a little further to explore paths others neglect or do not even see.

I do love living. Every day there are small and large opportunities to learn.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16

Tags
fulltiming