Want to full time, and have some questions - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-28-2011, 06:30 PM   #29
Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Originally Posted by John McDonald View Post
The reason I registered here and really like fiberglassrv.com is because I really appreciate small, light weight trailers of any design and construction.

Cheers John
Hi, John

You're not the only one!
Melissa B. recently bought an aluminum trailer- it's one of those "Tab" trailers, and she's still with us
Check out her thread at Went 2 the Darkside
She's getting help with a few other things, too, like how to put A/C in a window. Lots of things can be learned/shared by small trailer owners, whatever they're made of.
The trailers, I mean-not the owners!

It takes all kinds of trailers to make the world, too

Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:09 PM   #30
Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Full Timing in an RV

Originally Posted by Nate Lacy View Post
Hey everyone, my wife and I are thinking about full timing as soon as I get out of the Navy. We just started looking at trailers, and I was going to go bigger but between my Tow Vehicle a 2010 Tacoma V-6 and where we want to travel" north and south America" I think smaller is better. So I'm curious is there any fiberglass trailers with a dedicated bed,besides the Escape 19 and if no is there a good layout that lends the dining area to be left as a full time bed? I think it might be a pain having to make a bed every night. Its just going to be me my wife and a 60# Lab. Also are there and recommendations on what I should look at in trailers that may be different from what a non full timer would need. We are going to look at a 17 ft casita spirit this morning. Well I appreciate any info you would be willing to share. Thanks Nate
If I were going to full time in an RV, I without a doubt would go with the Scamp Fifth Wheel Deluxe. You can have your table standing and you will sleep "upstairs". I say the Deluxe because you will have much more storage space in that trailer and they are much easier to pull than a tag along trailer. Your Tacoma V6 would definitely haul the Fifth Wheel Deluxe. I'd suggest you contact Wayne Pitlick at Scamp and he will be able to give you the lowdown on my recommendations. You can call Scamp Toll Free at 800-346-4962

Paul O is offline   Reply With Quote