What did you do.... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-13-2007, 12:35 PM   #15

Name: Sebastian
Trailer: 2001 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
NM AZ & UT
It's hard getting rid of things and when I moved from a house into a fifth wheel, I thought what I had in the 5th wheel was the absolute minimum for day-to-day living. I also rented a large storage unit and large safe deposit box. More expensive stuff was listed in local papers, bulletin boards, and craigslist.org. Most things were sold in yard sales. I always had a table or back of a pickup filled with things that were free to whoever wants them. Being six miles from the border, this stuff always goes.

After living in the fifth wheel full time for a year, I realized how much I never used, so I trimmed down at bit in the rig and REALLY went through the storage unit. That got me down to a 5'x10' storage unit.

Moving into a Casita last year, full time, forced me to trim down even more because there WAS NO ROOM! Even so, I have not used everything I have with me so I have been dropping things off at thrift shops or giving it away to people I come across. When I get back down south to my storage locker this winter, it will get weeded out even more so I can just have a 5'x5' storage unit and the safe deposit box and I think that will do it. It just feels so good simplifying one's life. I use to be so possessed by my possessions. One hears, "I could never do that (whatever) because I have so much stuff." So their "things" rule their lives? Talk about a ball and chain!

I do a good deal of silver work so have to have tools and supplies with me. I'll never get down as far as some. Then there is the outdoor gear, reference books, kayak, LITTER BOX, etc.
When you weed through your stuff, put on some good, upbeat music and I bet you will end of getting rid of more things than you would have. How can one not if they are smiling and moving to the music. Stay amused
Sebastian

http://shalyard.blogspot.com
Sebastian H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:50 PM   #16

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
You might have some second thoughts about your safe deposit box. When I had to produce some stock certificates because the company was acquired by another, I had to get a whole bunch of papers notarized to permit a friend back near the bank to enter my box. I now carry all my papers, especially titles, because what if one needs to trade out a truck or trailer on the road.

Real Full-Timers TWT (Travel With Titles)!

Old 08-14-2007, 11:14 AM   #17

Name: Sebastian
Trailer: 2001 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
NM AZ & UT
Pete

You're right, I also travel with titles and some other important papers since I full time. I'd never assume what's in one's safe deposit box.

http://shalyard.blogspot.com
Sebastian H is offline   Reply With Quote