What do full timers do? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-12-2014, 01:47 PM   #29

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler 1700 1979
Ontario
Registry
We are also seasonal, 6 months out of the Great White North. All we are allowed with the medical system in Canada. And 6 months the US will allow us to be there. Our summer is in our home on a lake in Ontario. Winters in the south. Been doing this for 19 years. And we are looking for an egg camper. We also have a home in a park east of Lake Wales, a similar co-op park, in the orange groves. A gated community on a lake. Saddlebag Lake Resort, we are all part owners, own the land and home. It's a bigger park, 800+ lots, some without anything on it, some older trailers, some single and some double wide. There are always 10% for sale, the nature of a retirement community. Prices range all over the place, under $20K to over $100K. We have been in the park for 15+ years.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:36 PM   #30

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
I think semi-full timing is a dream for a lot of us. I have family obligations that keep me tethered close to home (single child of an elderly parent). So, I live vicariously through others... not necessarily jealous... just thinking about how my life MAY be different "some" months/years from now...

Enjoy every single moment!

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:43 PM   #31

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Certainly wishing you the opportunity you seek in everything. Certainly Ten Forward is part of the process.

Wishing you well

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:09 PM   #32

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Certainly wishing you the opportunity you seek in everything. Certainly Ten Forward is part of the process.

Wishing you well
Norm, that's EXACTLY why I bought Ten Forward.. not about my past.. but my future.

Thanks for the kind words, truly.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 07:00 AM   #33

Name: Christian
Trailer: 2014 EggCamper
All over TX and NM
I live more or less full time (1-3 months in a trailer vs. a week or 2 at home) in an RV for work (disclaimer - not a FGRV quite yet, being built as I type this). I work as a well testing operator in the oil field in very remote areas of Texas and New Mexico primarily. Needless to say, it's not much of a vacation lifestyle, but certainly is an adventure with a lot of crossover in the day-to-day tasks and responsibilities that go along with full time leisure traveling in a trailer. Differences are, of course, that I am usually parked on a well location and get up and go to work every night instead of enjoying nature in the way most of you do. That and the terrible roads...
Old 10-19-2014, 07:55 AM   #34

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
South Carolina
Right now I work and live in my RV. I return home on the weekends to this huge house I foolishly bought thinking it was the deal of a lifetime. I'm seriously considering downsizing to a small cottage and plot of land. I joke with my brother in law that the only jobs in the future will probably be growing weed, so we'll be set as gentlemen farmers.

It's curious that I've found at this stage in my life I can afford just about any of the consumer goods out there, but I really don't want any of them. Just about anything that brings you joy can be stored digitally, and there really is no need for all this stuff, or at least not much of it.

When I get my Oliver, my plans are to use it for work and then transition to retirement traveling - most likely in long tours, but keeping a home base to return periodically.
2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
Follow my blog - http://www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Ron Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:21 AM   #35

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Ron,

We've been traveling for 14 years, 7+ months a year. We kept our home base fpr the entire period, primarily for some relatively sub-conscious reason. In our case it was not a wise decision, costing us about $10,000 a year.

It is only recently 'we' have come to the conscious position that we should sell it.

The too much stuff thing rather quickly became obvious and we have pursued less over the years. Still the stuff of the pass haunts us.

As to the weed phenomena, there's humor in what you say but it's definitely an indicator of a national weakness. Some days I'm really happy to be an old short timer.

Wishing you well in your new adventures.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote