What do you do? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2009, 12:18 PM   #21

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Quote:
When I get there, NOTHING! 5 years to go, and I am wishing my life away. So far 30 years as a power company lineman, and I have had enough of corporate america, snow storms, ice storms, wind storms, lighting storms, and cats on poles!
LOL, you reminded me of a club we started when I was in high school. (Amazing I can still remember that far back)

We called it the Lazy Bast**** club. We never had a meeting because we were too lazy. But the argument used to always happen that we were disqualified since we had not been lazy enough that we had actually started the club.

So what reminded me of all of this from your post is a similar argument. In doing "nothing" are you actually doing something therefore in actuality not doing "nothing"??

Oh well, not sure if Socrates could even come up with an answer for that. We never resolved the LB club answer and it's been 34 years.....
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:55 PM   #22

Trailer: 1975 Boler
you could "adopt a trail" in whatever areas you are playing in.
it feels nice to give back to the places that give you such a great feeling to visit.
many of us in the off roading community log in countless hours preserving the trails in which we play in an effort to keep them open for future generations.

in doing this maintenance it puts us in the places we enjoy being. it could be from things as simple as picking up trash that less responsible travelers left behind to larger duties of repairing sections of the trail that have become too dangerous from wash outs.

something to think about.

i'm sure you could get information from the forest service in the area you will be recreating in.

in the san bernadino area we have one of the strongest "adopt-a-trail" programs in the country.
Erik J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:16 PM   #23

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
Quote:
LOL, you reminded me of a club we started when I was in high school. (Amazing I can still remember that far back)

We called it the Lazy Bast**** club. We never had a meeting because we were too lazy. But the argument used to always happen that we were disqualified since we had not been lazy enough that we had actually started the club.

So what reminded me of all of this from your post is a similar argument. In doing "nothing" are you actually doing something therefore in actuality not doing "nothing"??

Oh well, not sure if Socrates could even come up with an answer for that. We never resolved the LB club answer and it's been 34 years.....
Reminds me of the joke. A retired guy is sitting in the living room, his wife asks what are you doing? He says nothing. She says thats what you did yesterday. The guy says I'm not finished yet.

pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:33 PM   #24

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
When I was FullTiming, I was asked numerous times what I did all day -- I replied that I did the same things I would do in an anchored home -- I would then ask them what THEY did all day and didn't they get bored wasting their lives on insane pursuits like fertilizing grass, mowing it and then having to dispose of the cuttings? Didn't they get bored with the same views and the same people living around them.

BTW, here is the video on thegeneral difference between male and female brain organization and the concept of the male's Nothing Box:

Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:24 PM   #25

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Christine,

Is your Part-time just the 3 months that you mentioned?? 3 months isn't that much.

So, it all depends on where you are from and where you are going. Are you just relocating from your house to your trailer at a trailer park or are you traveling and sightseeing???

3 months, hum....it took me 3 months to go from California to the 3 Great Lakes States and back. I basically stayed in each of those states for 3 1/2 weeks, the remainder of the time was cross country to and fro. I travel solo and was not the least bit bored. There are lots of campers to talk to, walking the dog, seeing the sights and then some days just chilling. I do carry a TV but really only use it late at night when everyone is in or it's too cold to sit out. I don't find I have much free time to get bored.

I'm contemplating full timing it for 5 or 6 years and I know there's lots out there to see. I'm inquisitive and not shy so I can't imagine ever being bored. I'm not a desert person so going south in the winter like most folks do doesn't appeal to me. I figure the first couple of years I'd most likely spend the winter in Florida having never been there, must be lots to see and do. When I tire of Florida I'd simply come back West for the winter. My golf buddies would probably like that.

Speaking of golf, I'll carry my golf clubs & bowling ball in addition to the kayak and bike that I generally have with me. Just those 4 toys can take quite a bit of time out of your day.

I'd like to be a camp host but most places want couples, that could be something you might think about. Get your campsite free. Also, like some said, disaster relief. Being more mobile full timing it, I'd make the effort to go help out where ever.

Good Luck to you.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote