What is the one thing (or two or three) that you cannot live without? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Fulltiming in a Molded Fiberglass Trailer
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-31-2009, 09:06 PM   #41

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Sebastian beat me to it but I'll tell you anyway. Instead of a wastebasket I use a small bucket which has a bale handle. I purchased it years ago for about $2.00 in the paint department of my local hardware store. Plastic grocery bags fit perfectly in it. I also have a small cheap plastic step stool that I purchased at WalMart for some 5 bucks or so. I bonded a piece of a throw rug on the top as my Poochie uses it to get on the bed. The bucket fits nicely under it.

This the only bucket I carry with me and it's come in very handy for washing the trailer, carrying rocks when rockhounding and lots of other things.

Click image for larger version

Name:	109_7605.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	18960

The step stool sure looks cleaner in person than in this picture I just took. Also it comes in handy for me to reach into the back of the overhead cabinets front and rear, washing the Scamp etc.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:59 PM   #42

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 1996 Dakota 4x4 V6
I have needed the full length of my 100' water hose many times.
Other essentials for me are the solar panel (bolted on the roof), and plenty of tools - more for the truck than for the trailer.
P
Palmer M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:46 AM   #43

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to bill&sandra
What I find essential is my coffee press and good coffee. Nothing, I mean Nothing happens until I have my coffee--even speaking!!! I can heat the water either on the stove inside, or the propane stove outside, or even the microwave if in a blind hurry. Once I have a couple cups sitting in my chair outside--life is good and I might be able to speak a few words.
2. We have a teeny mobile bar--those 50s kind in leather--too cool!--and I consider a good drinky at the end of the day pretty essential.
3. Add to that our new tiny port-a-potty that fits under the couch. If you have ever awakened in the night with the ickys, believe me, it is essential!!! We now have a little shower tent that we can erect behind the Scamp when we have room.
4-5. I agree with the cell for sure, and the repair kit. We have all our essentials like that in a little rollable rubbermaid 3-drawer thingy. We put it behind the trailer and it seems rainproof so far.
6. Also we bring a folding propane camp stove from our tenting days, also nice collapsible chairs and table.
7. personals like Shower-after-Shower powder, a gallon of water (in case), and a washcloth!
That's it for me. Although we do not full-time and have never camped these days without electricity--I do not leave the driveway without these items above. I do bring along too many clothes and shoes, and I love having our little rug to place on the ground outside our camper just to keep dirt from following us inside--plus it looks cool and matches the Scamp logo color! When weather is bad, I really enjoy my laptop and the TV and I usually bring my little radio/tape player (I'm a little old school still).
I envy you full timers and might want to try for an extended travel date with my Scamp, but I don't know if I can leave my pakrat ways that far behind! I know hubby will not pay storage costs for all my 'stuff'. ha!
bill&sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:48 PM   #44

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Quote:
Cabela's also makes a LaFuma style lounger which is very high quality and often goes on sale for half price. We have two and LOVE them. We are both large people and they are very sturdy and comfortable.
They are on sale right now.