When is it time for a Hotel Break - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2007, 05:04 AM   #1

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Althought not a fulltimer, the wife and I do get away for a week at a time and while off last week, and on the last day of our 7 day trip, I got to thinking as I lay in my 13ft Boler about the 39ft, parked next door and started to giggle and when the wife asked what all the Tee-Heeing about I said.
"Do you think that these fulltimers ever go to Hotels"?
She said she is sure they must.
Then later, when it had warmed up a bit, I went to the showers and it dawned on me...
When my "Hotel" bottle fo shampoo was empty. AHAAA!!!
This was the answer....when your stolen bottle of Hotel shampoo is empty it is time to go spend one night in another hotel and get another bottle.
Just my idea...
A joke or is it true?
Gerry the canoebuilder
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 05:38 AM   #2

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Seems a high price to pay for shampoo plus it's only stolen if you check out B/4 paying
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 11:26 AM   #3

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
I'd just go to Wally and refill the hotel shampoo bottle. Lot's cheaper than a room.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 03:58 PM   #4

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Quote:
When is it time for a Hotel Break...
Gerry the canoebuilder
From my point of view, it is when you want the Features and Benefits of the Hotel, Motel, Bed & Breakfast, etc.

I can’t remember ever wanting to go to a Hotel, Cost too much, Beds are too uncomfortable, and there are too many people making noise.

That said, I can see staying at a cottage on the RIGHT beach and enjoying the ambiance. ...Or going to a wonderful Romantic Resort on a Lake in Canada.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lake.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	10310

Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 04:10 PM   #5

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
The answer to the question lies in the answer to THIS question: When is it time to leave an anchored home for a hotel break, right there in your own town?

Once you are used to your home being your home, why would you leave it? Even if it has wheels...

Full understanding of the concept will come into play when you visit folks and they want you to sleep in their guest room instead of in your own bed. I keep them from feeling hurt by asking how often the neighbors have spent the night after dinner instead of going home. Then I point out that my home, parked in their driveway, is even closer than the neighbor's home...
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 04:12 AM   #6

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Quote:
I'd just go to Wally and refill the hotel shampoo bottle. Lot's cheaper than a room.
My wife likes that slow running gooppy stuff and the hotel bottle has such a small opening I will have to go to Automotive section first and get a funnel and then to tool section to get propane heater to heat the shampoo so it will flow faster from big bottle to smaller.
Gerry the canoebuilder
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 02:26 PM   #7

Quote:
My wife likes that slow running gooppy stuff and the hotel bottle has such a small opening I will have to go to Automotive section first and get a funnel and then to tool section to get propane heater to heat the shampoo so it will flow faster from big bottle to smaller.
Gerry the canoebuilder
And when your through dripping the shampoo with this contraption you could distill some mighty fine corn whiskey!
Old 10-08-2007, 11:45 PM   #8

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Hmmm,

When your little family is on a Big Long camping trip (7 weeks)

AND

When hubby has left you and kid at "The Muddy Swamp Camp 'n' Unexpectedly Loud Late-Nite Tent Revival" for five days while he flies home for business

AND

When he returns to the Boler complaining about airline food and hotel food

THAT is a very good time for him to do all the packing up to drive a short distance to the nearest Jacuzzi Tub Room Service Hot Shower Swimming Pool and Laundry Services hotel.

In my experience.

PS. The little bottles of shampoo are INCLUDED in the price of your room. In fact, feel free to take the dorky shower cap home as well. (They make a handy container for little bottles of creme rinse and lotion, if you happen to need to transport those kinds of things.)
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:24 PM   #9

Trailer: 82 Burro 13 ft
if i stay overnight, i prefer to stay @ a bed & breakfast... but i'm biased, 'cuz my family opened a wisconsin b&b back in '87... so much nicer & friendlier than a hotel/motel...
i remember once we had a couple stay at our house, with their huge luxury RV parked out in front... i guess they wanted to get away for a night... the RV had hardwood floors, plasma TV, even a ceiling fan... it was bigger & more luxurious than my apartment... i couldn't understand why they wanted to get away from that...
--- steven
steven jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:05 PM   #10

Quote:
When is it time for a Hotel Break...
Gerry the canoebuilder
When you can’t take your trailer.
We have to go to Stanford for our grand daughter’s (two weeks old) open heart surgery and we can’t take our Casita. We need to stay at a Hotel to be with our kids.

Name:   Sleepingquietly.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  37.1 KB
Old 10-31-2007, 12:30 PM   #11

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Mike,

I sure hope everything turns out well. I know it's not a lot of fun to have an infant go through all that.
We'll be thinking of you and yours during these scary times.

But isn't it great that things can be fixed and the long term out is much better than when we were young.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:25 PM   #12

Trailer: 2003 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Send a message via AIM to Robert Brummett Send a message via MSN to Robert Brummett Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Brummett
Quote:
...when you visit folks and they want you to sleep in their guest room instead of in your own bed.
I get this all the time when I visit folks. They find it hard to understand that I would actually prefer my own comfy bed in my little dirt yacht to their cushy digs. It's a hospitality thing, I think, and they mean nothing by it except generosity. But it is always funny to me that they seem to think that I am doing some kind of penance by insisting on sleeping out there in that...thing. But when I settle into Otra after a nice visit, in a warm bed with a good book, dogs nestled close and comfy, I think "Home sure is nice!"
Robert Brummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 02:03 PM   #13

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
When is it time for a hotel break? When we are on the road for long trips with the trailer, the answer is never. But the question we do ask ourselves is, when is it time for a full hook up campground. After boondocking or using county parks or other methods of roughing it, about once a week we check into a full hook up campground and use the laundry, fill tanks, empty tanks and just enjoy all the electric and TV and wifi we can.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:58 PM   #14

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Sirit Deluxe
We have stayed in all the hotels, motels Inns etc. We bought our Casita so we could have our own private motel room.
I guess we will stay in a hotel when we can't drive to a destination.
andy s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:00 PM   #15

Trailer: Play Pac ('Egg Krate')
Quote:
When you can’t take your trailer.
We have to go to Stanford for our grand daughter’s (two weeks old) open heart surgery and we can’t take our Casita. We need to stay at a Hotel to be with our kids.
Mike,
Will be praying for you and yours. I had open heart done as an 11mo infant. Far enough back in history, my parents couldn't meet the surgeon until after everything was over. They do miracles so much better now....

Bonnie
Old 11-30-2007, 08:42 PM   #16

Quote:
Mike,
Will be praying for you and yours. I had open heart done as an 11mo infant. Far enough back in history, my parents couldn't meet the surgeon until after everything was over. They do miracles so much better now....
Bonnie
Thank You Bonnie.

Unfortunately Brooklyn passed away today at 11:30 AM. She had open heart surgery that was very successful. She had some other issues that her tiny body couldn’t over come. To her credit she was a fighter to the end. She will be sorely missed, but not forgotten. Her twin sister is doing very well and should be home for Christmas.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:42 PM   #17

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Candi Woods
Mike,
I'm so sorry to hear about your little granddaughter. Our girls and their dad and I will say a special prayer for your other granddaughter, her parents and you. God is holding you and your family close to his heart at this difficult time.

candi
Candi Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:23 AM   #18

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Mike
Soo Sorry...for you and your family. The hardest thing I ever had to do as a father was to take my young son to his 5yr. old friends funeral!!! My mother told me we needed to get "Help" for Tom and I said to her " For him it's easy for me it's difficult". As good as modern medicine is we are still not in CONTROL!!! Regards and prayers Alf S.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 10:23 AM   #19

Mike,

We'll be praying for you and your family.