Would you ever consider stick built for Full Time? - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-28-2015, 07:09 AM   #71

Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
Registry
That is true Papa-T. It's what works for you while camping that brings greater peace or comfort to the experience. For some, this is a TV and satellite dish. For others, it's a solar panel while boondocking.

Topping the list is the folks you're with and the relationships you grow. As I believe Donna D. writes, "make memories."

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV

Old 08-28-2015, 08:18 AM   #72

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Make Memories.

Something I'm not particularly good at specific memories. Memories can be triggered by a comment, or event, even possibly a statement. Ginny she's loaded with memories, keeping them all in detail. When I need a revisitation, I go to her. Ginny says we have a shared memory. I'm better with the afterglow, the good feeling when some one mentions a place we've been, a thing we've done.

Our fiberglass trailers may be small compared to other types of RVs, but what I've learned is that the RV is just a physical space. The new mental space of traveling, of escaping, of getting away, is relatively infinite. I've come to recognize that the mental part of us is more important than the physical space.

For many of us the physical dominates what and why we live, our job, home, the things we buy, maybe even the size of our RV. As we've traveled the value of the physical has diminished. As we get rid of our 30 year home and 50 years of possessions, I recognize what's really valuable. The valuable is little that we've bought or paid for.

I love our trailer and love to show it to others, it's tiny space is the vehicle for making memories, expanded thinking, growing our relationship and escaping to ourselves.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:45 AM   #73

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bster13 View Post

If the 17ft. Casita was not big enough to accommodate, and you thought the larger FGRVs were too expensive brand new, and you never could find a decent one used, would you go to say a ~20ft Travel Trailer or even a class C, even if it were stick built? I realize they are relatively cheap for a reason, and would tend to leak more, but if it meant getting on the road fulltime, would you still make a go of it? Afterall, the goal is to go full time here, everyone does it a different way.
I would consider a vintage Airstream that had been totally redone from the bottom up if considering something other than a Fiberglass trailer.

But then again if I was going to be full timing I would most probable look for a used Escape 19' with the extra thermal package - could probable get two of those for the cost of the redone vintage Airstream and I would not need to worry to much about future leakage.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:48 PM   #74

Name: Ron
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Because of some medical issues with my better half I am selling my Casita and bought a 25 ft mini lite. I also came to another realization , from now to 25 years from now I want care what what the resale is of my camper .
Ron
Old 08-28-2015, 02:24 PM   #75

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Ron, I don't plan on selling my Scamp 16, hence the re-sale value is not a consideration. However the re-sale value is an indication of the inherent strength of fiberglass trailers.

Good luck with your new trailer.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 11:36 PM   #76

Name: Ron
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Norm
I think we are saying the same thing about resale ,it just doesnt matter at our age.
The trailer I bought is aluminium and foam and fiberglass no wood . so it should be pretty tough .
The brand , size or make doesnt matter as long as it makes my better half still able to travel.
Ron