1966 Lynnwood Fiberglass Pickup Camper - Washington - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-08-2016, 08:35 AM   #1
Member
 
junglejim83's Avatar
 
Name: James
Trailer: Trillium 4500 & Hunter Compact II
New Jersey
Posts: 39
1966 Lynnwood Fiberglass Pickup Camper - Washington

For anyone that owns a pick-up this seems pretty unique and cheap. Maybe too good to be true, but maybe not; sometimes people just need to get rid of things (or maybe the interior is shot).

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/rvs/5771233161.html
__________________

__________________
junglejim83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:07 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Bobbie Mayer's Avatar
 
Name: Bobbie
Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970/Escape 15A
Washington
Posts: 3,143
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejim83 View Post
For anyone that owns a pick-up this seems pretty unique and cheap. Maybe too good to be true, but maybe not; sometimes people just need to get rid of things (or maybe the interior is shot).

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/rvs/5771233161.html
Looks cool. But pickups changed around 199x? so that older campers won't slide into newer model pickups. We had this problem when trying to give away a pop up camper that my Dad had on his pickup. It was a sticky so finally we found someone who was okay with remodeling it to fit into a newer truck bed but that wouldn't work with molded. So that may be partly way the low price.
__________________

__________________
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 10:14 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Name: Jack L
Trailer: Bigfoot B-17 CB
Washington
Posts: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie Mayer View Post
Looks cool. But pickups changed around 199x? so that older campers won't slide into newer model pickups. We had this problem when trying to give away a pop up camper that my Dad had on his pickup. It was a sticky so finally we found someone who was okay with remodeling it to fit into a newer truck bed but that wouldn't work with molded. So that may be partly way the low price.
Very true, but on the other hand, wouldn't it look great on an older truck from the 60's ?
__________________
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 03:04 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Timber Wolf's Avatar
 
Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Posts: 1,422
I just happen to have a 1970 Chevrolet 3/4 ton Camper Special that would look great on. I have actually looked a few times for something to slide in the back of my short wheel base 1/2 ton 1968 Chevy 4X4 to camp in. The Scamp came along and short-circuited all my other camper plans.
__________________
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:50 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Name: K C
Trailer: 1980 18' Sunrader Motorhome and 1971 Trails West CampMite Campster
Washington
Posts: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack L View Post
Very true, but on the other hand, wouldn't it look great on an older truck from the 60's ?
Indeed it would look terrific on a truck of that era
__________________
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1966 DODGE TRAVCO FIBERGLASS (Bonnerdale, AR) Ken C Referrals: Molded Fiberglass Trailers 6 08-01-2011 10:01 PM
Interesting Amerigo (partial) fiberglass pickup camper (referral), $1650, Oregon Raya Classified Archives 0 09-08-2010 10:54 PM
1966 dorsett teardrop like trailer ardis harper Classified Archives 1 12-29-2007 04:31 PM
1966 Dorsett - Fair Oaks, CA Greg A General Chat 5 08-22-2007 05:56 PM
Non-Cabover Fiberglass Pickup Camper Pete Dumbleton General Chat 16 02-01-2007 09:32 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.