1993 BF in Cambridge Ontario for sale - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Referrals: Molded Fiberglass Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-24-2015, 07:25 AM   #1
tbp

Name: Brock
Trailer: 1991 Bigfoot 17'
Ontario
Registry
1993 BF in Cambridge Ontario for sale

Bigfoot Recreational Trailer CB Model 17' foot | travel trailers, campers | Cambridge | Kijiji

I saw ad, thought I would share.
tbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 09:37 AM   #2

Name: Gilles
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B21RB, 2004
Quebec
Registry
Thank you for me...
I and my wife are paid 13 hrs of road, round trip, to go to see. It is exactly the model which we would want to get ourselves.
By communicating with the seller, he told me that for 3 years it was garaged on a small farm.
I had deducted in a barn. No, it was garaged outside, in a field, without support under the caravan. It is pushed in the ground up to the axle. We could not examine under the caravan, so much it was low.
In our communication, he had told me, that before setting off with the caravan, it would need to do a bearing verification. On the spot we realized that that set bearing and brakes, before moving it. The closest repairer asked of one in two weeks to make the repairs of wheels, $700 minimum . It would have been necessary to pay the caravan and to return later and come back with this one.
The outside and the inside of the shell is very well and very clean.
Everything around windows, around the cheminey of the fridge on the roof, it sealed with some transparent silicone. A future good contract to replace the silicone, according to what I read on the forum...
He bought new and has never used the heating, He used an electric heater.
Possibility of one gas unit of heating.
The fridge works only with 110 volts, it did not use the gas for this one.
Possibility of one gas unit for the fridge.
With the gas appliances which he did not use, I have a doubt for the boiler?

It is too much for me, I pass...
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:34 AM   #3

Quebec
Registry
I forgot.
The state of blades after three years under the weight of caravan with the snow?
I was very disappointed by my journey.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:48 AM   #4

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
I looked at this advertisement and thought at what equates to about $7400 US it was a pretty good deal but the "sold as is" on the advertisement is a red flag. After reading Gilles evaluation I went back and looked at the photos again. It does look like this is buried in the earth up to the hubs. Most likely it has the 4" drop axle so changing it to a straight axle would be something most people would want to do anyway. For someone who wanted a project it does have possibilities but the cost of a new axle, hubs, brakes, wheels, tires and possibly new springs would need to be factored into the price.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:51 AM   #5

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
I forgot.
The state of blades after three years under the weight of caravan with the snow?
I was very disappointed by my journey.
I'm not sure what "state of blades' means.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 11:15 AM   #6

Quebec
Registry
Yes Jack, the red flag was raised before going on site, but according to the conversation with the seller, that seemed o.k. even with some repairs, but having taken on-the-spot knowledge, it was too much.
If brakes and bearing would have been in order, as many people announce, we would be probably the new owners, but...
He should have spent so that it is ready to leave on the road.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:17 AM   #7

Quebec
Registry
We would have said that the temperature told us to leave, it snowed before our arrival at the seller.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:14 AM   #8

Quebec
Registry
I have just realized that my sense of observation missed.
By following a discussion in the forum about Bigfoot this morning, I examined the copy of recording received via e-mail of this announcement, which indicates a 1585 kg weight = 3500 lbs..
It is certainly the model 4 seasons.!!
I had the sensation that it was smaller inside than those already visited and now I have just discovered why...
It is one 17 feet, thus old mold with more insulation.
I had retained the remark that he had written
" It’s a perfect trailer for the summer. "
It was made in 1994, certainly with option 4 seasons.
I shall have to be more watchful in the future.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:39 AM   #9
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Airstream Sold, Nest Fan
Ontario
Too bad about the glitches Gilles because it looks good in the pics. Beautiful fridge. Wonder if those were stock in those models?
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 11:50 AM   #10

Quebec
Registry
Photos reflect very well the state of the shell which is very clean.
The model "17CB is delivered with this model of fridge, as far as I know.
Old 04-25-2015, 01:15 PM   #11

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
certainly good looking....

graphics look real good despite the age.....interior looks in "showroom" condition and nice colour upholstery.....only down side in the pictures is no awning

the systems (fridge, water heater and furnace) will always be suspect in a trailer that the owner admits "hasn't been used in years"....these things go bad by NOT being used/fired up on a regular basis....

3500lbs is the total allowable weight (trailer + eveything you put/carry in it)....the empty weight is around 2500lbs

I have not heard of BF having offered a "four season package" in the 17s during that particular production run (89 or so to 2005)...could be wrong... but as far as I know the "four season" thing (insulated, heated tanks...dual pane windows and thicker insulation thoughout) started around 2005 with the advent of the 2500 series designation.....dry weight increased considerably and it's a completely different trailer (different molds...and designated "17.5")

my 97CB looks exactly the same inside as the one in the ad...same fridge with a 3 burner stove/oven....
Attached Thumbnails
adoned.jpg  
Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 02:45 PM   #12

Quebec
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franswa View Post
graphics look real good despite the age.....interior looks in "showroom" condition and nice colour upholstery.....only down side in the pictures is no awning

the systems (fridge, water heater and furnace) will always be suspect in a trailer that the owner admits "hasn't been used in years"....these things go bad by NOT being used/fired up on a regular basis....

3500lbs is the total allowable weight (trailer + eveything you put/carry in it)....the empty weight is around 2500lbs

I have not heard of BF having offered a "four season package" in the 17s during that particular production run (89 or so to 2005)...could be wrong... but as far as I know the "four season" thing (insulated, heated tanks...dual pane windows and thicker insulation thoughout) started around 2005 with the advent of the 2500 series designation.....dry weight increased considerably and it's a completely different trailer (different molds...and designated "17.5")

my 97CB looks exactly the same inside as the one in the ad...same fridge with a 3 burner stove/oven....

Via internet He sent me a copy of its recordings and where it is written weight it is 1585 kg = 3500 lbs. Is it the same weight on your recordings François?
On my Trillium, where it is written the weight 612 kg = 1350 lbs, on the recordings, it is the weight of the vacuous caravan, the current weight...
Old 04-25-2015, 03:45 PM   #13

British Columbia
Registry
here's a picture....

of the "document" for my 97 CB.... first number is vehicle rating (what it can carry ,legally)...second number is vehicle empty (coming out of the factory).....third is tounge weight

on the four season thing I think we can blame the trailer salesmen at RV lots.....just because those years BFs had one inch insulation....and some other manufacturers at the time used a thick headliner only....didn't make them four season...just made them a little beter insulated than some/most

the new ones (since 2005) ARE four season....and cost dearly.....your seller comparing his to a new one at 35,000 was "apples to oranges"......and on top of that I've only seen a couple of used 2500 series come up for sale and they were asking between 30K if I recall correctly....I have no idea what a new one off the lot would cost because you can't find that out unless you contact a dealer....the factory and the few dealers out there never list prices in ads or websites.......must be a condition of securing a dealership from BF or something

yeah that one was real nice alright.....but getting an "ugly duckling" and cleaning/shining up the outside is pretty simple work...just elbow grease.....replacing appliances/systems will quickly cost you the moon....the first thing I had to put in mine was a prop./CO detector and that was 150 bucks....and it just went on from there as I found other "stuff" not working properly

I'll say it again....when shopping for an RV...if you hear the words "Don't know much about RVs, but everything seemed to work for me..."
RUN !...run away very fast....
Attached Thumbnails
weights.jpg  
Old 04-25-2015, 03:52 PM   #14

British Columbia
Registry
and not to confuse...

after rereading my post....first number is what it can carry INCLUDING it's own weight..........as in if you put this thing on a scale and it was reading over 3500lbs....that would be "illegal"
Old 04-25-2015, 04:29 PM   #15

Quebec
Registry
Here is the document which I speak to you...

Hello François, it is this document which I received from the seller of the Bigfoot of the Ontario.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3402.jpg  
Old 04-25-2015, 10:22 PM   #16

British Columbia
Registry
just saw your second post....

with the supplies Ontario "document".....that's a provinvcial registration....looks to me like Ontario lists the GVW weight ("first number") on their paperwork....what I sent you is the BF document glued to the inside of the closet door...that lists ALL the info, including serial number.....if your seller has not found this yet...after all those years!....that should tell you something again....I'd give it a pass unless you could pick it up for 5-6K....leaving you a lot of room to "fill in the blanks".....heck, an awning (kind of a "must have") will run you a couple of thousand...and then you gotta install it!

I'd keep looking....Guelf is probably a long ways away from where you are anyway...add that to the whole shebang

tu reste ou au juste?
Attached Thumbnails
sig6.jpg  
Old 04-26-2015, 06:56 AM   #17

Quebec
Registry
Thank you very much François for all these precisions.
When I saw the announcement, I believed to have found for what we looked.
I shall have more experience for next time.
Since I am in search of Bigfoot 17 ', the time when I ask the questions, it is sold to another buyer.
I laughed when one of the members said, when you see a caravan to be sold who is for your taste, roll at once in his direction and ask the questions on the way.
It is a little what I made, this time, at least if she would have been able to run...
He would have needed all the same to negotiate and the seller did not seem to want to negotiate.

Better luck the next time.
Have a good day,