2015 Casita Liberty Deluxe - Salvage Title - KS - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2017, 09:41 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
2015 Casita Liberty Deluxe - Salvage Title - KS

There is a craigslist ad for a 2015 Casita Liberty Deluxe in Manhattan, KS.

I don't know anything about it but here is the info from the ad:

We have a 2015 17 ft. Casita Liberty Deluxe for sale, high axle, awning, 3 burner stove, bathroom. Very nice. It was bought with a salvaged title. This is a good buy and a perfect RV.
Ms. Gayle 2012-IA,MO,NE,WY,MT,UT,NM,AZ,TX/2013-AR,LA,AL, FL,GA,SC,NC,TN,KY,KS,CO/2014-IL,MO,MN,MI,WI IA/2015-SD,IA,MO,OK,TX/2016-AR,MS,FL,MO,IN,VA,NC,TN/2017-KS,CO,UT,AR,MS,FL/2018-IL,IN,SD,MN,Canada,IA, OK,TX,NM/2019-OK,TX,AR,NE,SD/2020-AR
Ms. Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 09:43 AM   #2

Name: Tom
Trailer: Outfitter truck campper
Colorado
Hard to say for sure, but as I understand it, a "salvage title" can mean that the vehicle (or camper) was in an accident, hailstorm, wind event, etc. damaged, and totaled by the insurance company because it was cheaper for them to total it and pay the owner the cash value than to pay for repairs. The owner then can purchase the camper back from the insurance company and make the repairs at their own expense - sort of a win-win for both parties. The trouble is they can't get a regular title ever again which could present problems when you go to license, sell, etc. At this point I don't know what you do for sure. That is a question for your state's DMV, or county clerk.

The seller may be right that it is a "good buy", but I doubt very much it could be a "perfect RV". Sorry I can't be of more help, but hopefully others will weigh in and we'll all learn something today!
TomandCallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 03:52 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Here is the link: https://ksu.craigslist.org/rvs/6090171908.html I have seen it advertised for some time now. I thought for something with a salvage title, it seemed high. The insurance company told me that if they found our pop-up that was stolen, we good buy it back at a "good" price. I think it would have been to their advantage to "explain".

Looks like some good info here on "salvage" titled: http://www.dmv.org/ks-kansas/salvaged-vehicles.php and this is for KS with others referenced in the website elsewhere.
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 05:53 PM   #4

Name: Tinc
Trailer: In the market
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Gayle View Post
There is a craigslist ad for a 2015 Casita Liberty Deluxe in Manhattan, KS.

I don't know anything about it but here is the info from the ad:

We have a 2015 17 ft. Casita Liberty Deluxe for sale, high axle, awning, 3 burner stove, bathroom. Very nice. It was bought with a salvaged title. This is a good buy and a perfect RV.
Kansas Salvaged Vehicle Regulations | DMV.org
Tincanpuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 06:23 AM   #5

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
While I have willingly bought vehicles with salvaged titles, I only do it with a huge discount. Realize if you ever decide to sell it later, with that title, you will not get much for it. So the upfront discount needs to offset the huge drop in any later resale value.

Price needs to be more like $10,000 IMHO given title issue. And you need to plan to keep it for several years for it to make sense financially.

Sometimes the damage is not that severe on a salvage title. Some insurance companies will just total it out rather than deal with repairs. If seller had detailed pictures of the trailer BEFORE it was repaired, that could be reassuring to any buyer.

But given silly high price, not worth the time and effort to check.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita, title