Ab (Canada) - 1976 - Trillium 1300 - $1800 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Referrals: Molded Fiberglass Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #1

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Ab (Canada) - 1976 - Trillium 1300 - $1800

I doubt it will last long.

1976 Trillium Travel Trailer model 1300 - Edmonton Travel Trailers, Campers For Sale - Kijiji Edmonton Canada.

1976 Trillium Travel Trailer model 1300 for sale. Price is $1800. The light-weight trailer sleeps 2 on bed and 2 on bunks. It has sink, stove, fridge and furnace.

Great for hunters. Need the money.

Please call Kevin at (780) six five five -1517.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #2

Name: Ken
Trailer: Trillium
Alberta
Registry
I did get this and paid the full $1800. The transaction took weeks however, as the previous owner proved hard to pin down.
Not in horrible shape, but in need of TLC. I am looking forward to bringing this back to its former glory.
I am new to the Trillium market, what constitutes the "deluxe " designation ? The previous owner indicated that it had the top storage front and rear as well as the rear bumper support jacks, is that the "deluxe" model or does this moniker even exist?

FYI s/n on the unit is 13-2204944

Ken
Bananaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #3

Alberta
Registry
$1800 is a very good price for a Trillium 1300. I was surprised that it lasted that long on kijiji.

I associate the Deluxe label with the 4500 model. In that model it means upper storage front and back, a fridge, furnace, and 120VAC to 12VDC converter, as well as two doors on the gaucho, a set of drawers under each of the dinette seats, a drawer in the table and a window in the door. All 4500's have a kitchen window.
The 1300 can't have the drawers under the dinette, since the water tank is on one or the other side.

Possible options:
Door window
Kitchen window
Upper storage front (with light)
Upper storage back (with lights)
Fridge
Furnace
Converter
Drawer in table
Doors on gaucho
Three doors on closet, (top, main, bottom)
Rear rock guard

If you don't mind, I would like to add your Trillium to the serial number list:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post419436
The serial number implies that it is a green, inside and out 1976. Please post pictures.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:23 PM   #4

Alberta
Registry
Thanks David,
It should not have taken that long for the kijiji transaction, I should have had it within a few days. The seller initially was quick to respond, but then would not return emails, calls or text messages for the next two weeks. I finally just sent him a picture of 18 - $100 bills along with a note asking how I could get him the money that he is asking for the trailer. He finally responded that day.

As far as the trailer goes, it is in need of a some TLC before summer. The most pressing being that one of the dinette windows has two of the three panels broken, I am not sure how easily that can be repaired. Any help would be appreciated.
It also has some electrical concerns, but I am not overly concerned as I will take care of that. The door droops pretty good as well, the hinges are worn and the screws are rusty so I will order new ones and try that. Plenty of "fiddle around" type work to do as well, but nothing critical.

The Deluxe may be applicable to this, as the trailer does have the following:
- fiberglass upper storage with lighting (3-rear, 1-front)
- drawers under the front bunk (right hand side only)
- window in the door
- power converter (might be shot)
- fridge, stove, heater
- 3 doors on closet
- front seat that converts to bunk ( is that a "gaucho")
- "old school" striped canopy
I'm not sure if there is a drawer in the table though, and pretty sure that there is not a kitchen window. It is over at a friend's place right now thawing out (he has a 5000 sf heated shop with a lift and a wash bay at his house). I will add more pictures once I clean it up.

Yes, it is green inside and out. Please do add it to the registry, that is just fine with me.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0221.jpg   IMG_0220.jpg  

Old 12-24-2013, 07:47 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
Welcome to the Forum
Your Trillium appear to be in very good shape, as you said with a little TLC you will have a wonderful FGRV that will provide a lifetime of fun and memories.
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:57 AM   #6

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G. View Post
Welcome to the Forum
Your Trillium appear to be in very good shape, as you said with a little TLC you will have a wonderful FGRV that will provide a lifetime of fun and memories.
Thank you! I am looking forward to it !
Ken
Old 12-24-2013, 11:17 AM   #7

Alberta
Registry
Ken,

What you have is an incredible deal! It is probably good for you that the seller was difficult to deal with. I can't believe that Trillium took so long to sell for $1800. If I had not sworn to stop buying any more, till the two that I plan to fix up and sell are gone, I would have gone and checked it out. Assuming you get those few problems fixed, by spring, you could sell it for ~$5000. Good investment.

Broken window panels are not difficult to fix. The glass is nothing special. Call around, you can probably get some new pieces put in. I just got off the phone with Joe Thoen at Trillium / Outback. He has a side window for a 1300 that is in perfect shape. He says it would be $95 + $25 shipping to Edmonton. His number is (403) two seven two - 3929.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:37 AM   #8

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Ken,

What you have is an incredible deal! It is probably good for you that the seller was difficult to deal with. I can't believe that Trillium took so long to sell for $1800. If I had not sworn to stop buying any more, till the two that I plan to fix up and sell are gone, I would have gone and checked it out. Assuming you get those few problems fixed, by spring, you could sell it for ~$5000. Good investment.

Broken window panels are not difficult to fix. The glass is nothing special. Call around, you can probably get some new pieces put in. I just got off the phone with Joe Thoen at Trillium / Outback. He has a side window for a 1300 that is in perfect shape. He says it would be $95 + $25 shipping to Edmonton. His number is (403) two seven two - 3929.
It did look like a great deal, but I seriously doubt if I will be selling in the spring.
I will be in Calgary on Boxing Day, I will check if Joe is available to meet up. I have the feeling that there are quite a few things that I could use from him!
Thanks again,
Ken
Old 12-24-2013, 11:45 AM   #9

Alberta
Registry
Joe has been moving around this year, but he signed a long term lease at 6814 30 St SE. Maybe give him a call, so he holds it for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Trillium Outback Location.jpg  
Old 05-22-2014, 11:27 PM   #10

Alberta
Registry
Update on progress

Update :
I've been working on this little rig over the past few weeks and it's coming together.
A few things (noted items are 'in process' of completion):
- clean the exterior, remove orange stripe (planned to re-stripe but I may not)
- clean the black staining on the exterior, seal finish and apply ZEP gloss finish
- clean up the belly band, re-drilll and re-rivet.
- get rid of old cracked black trim and put "sweet" yellow trim moulding
- Rock-guard lower front portion
- strip and repaint rear bumper, jacks and add a hitch receiver for bike rack
- strip and repaint front hitch
- new safety chains
- new wiring and plug
- new trailer jack (to be installed)
- LED side marker lights, modified original rear tail lights with LED
- added door light w/ LED bulb
- converted cable door to 120v to 30A twist lock RV plug (to be installed)
- switched st185/80R13 to Ford Ranger Wheels (painted and cleared) w/ BFG All Terrain TA LT195/70R14.....I know these aren't "trailer' tires but the weight rating is as high and they are LT (light truck) tires with 3 ply sidewalls so.....
- repacked bearings with synthetic grease and added "bearing buddies"
- new exterior reflectors and bubble levels
- ordered new Trillium decals, chrome door appliqué and decal for front rock guard
- replaced broken window, cut and replaced new 3/4 plywood for around window, hand polished window frame ( 3 more to go )
- new door hinges
- removed door latch cleaned, oiled and reinstalled
- removed nasty hasp lock on door .. still have holes there to deal with
- added 3-gang switches and plate inside door
- added progressive dynamics PD6000 dc power distribution centre
- installed 2 new - 6v deep cycle trojan batteries and box
- repaired OE PD6211 power converter ( new fuse block and switch )
- added LED bulbs to existing light fixtures
- new propane supply lines and 20lb bottles
- replaced stove with new dometic glass top unit
- added Maxxfan 7000 deluxe ( in process )
- new cork floor ( in process )
- new window coverings and upholstery ( in process )
- New Boliy 3600w Generator
- I am sure I forgot a pile of other things ....

There are many more things that I am working on currently, and have in the plans for the next couple of months, like upgrading the plumbing system, adding a proper AC distribution centre and changing out the cabinet doors. The goal is to have everything done by July 1.

I got a great deal on this rig and have no idea how much I have spent to date (or will spend in the next month or so) but I do have all of my receipts together and will wait until I am done to figure out how much I have in.

Either way it's all worth it ......
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0580.jpg   IMG_0582.jpg  

Old 05-22-2014, 11:40 PM   #11

Alberta
Registry
I am impressed. Did you work on the door? The fit is very good.

You sir, are a lucky man!
Old 05-23-2014, 12:09 AM   #12

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
I am impressed. Did you work on the door? The fit is very good.

You sir, are a lucky man!
Thanks David,
Since the weather has finally been nicer lately, I spend most of my evenings out in the back alley tinkering with this little trailer.
When I replaced the door hinges with new ones I managed to line the door up pretty good, but far from perfect. At least it opens and closes nicely, unlike before.

Thanks for the support and kind words !
Ken
Old 05-28-2014, 11:06 PM   #13

Name: Kelly
Trailer: '75 Trillium 1300
Arizona
It looks great! I'd love to see some interior pictures... especially once you get the cork floor in since that's what I'd like to do to ours too!
Kelly H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:14 AM   #14

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Connecticut
I am curious what the total cost will be. Often it will be more than buying a nice one already redone, but even so it would be my preference to rebuild one completely as tailor it to my needs and whims. It sounds like you are having a lot if fun with it. Carry on and keep the photos coming. You are impressing us all.
Night Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:04 AM   #15

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Looks wonderful, great job!
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:01 PM   #16

Name: John
Trailer: '84 Bigfoot b17
British Columbia
Looks great BM! I am wondering what rock guard you used? Is it the spray on rhino lining stuff or is it some kind of actual rubber mat glued on?
Carry on! Motivates me to get outside and keep me tinkering also.
Cheers,
John
Tyhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 01:13 AM   #17

Alberta
Registry
Thanks Everyone,
I have been pretty tied up over the past couple of weeks and have probably spent less than an hour working on the trailer since the long weekend. I will get back on it next week.

I am petty sure that I could have purchased something for around the $5000 mark that would have been very good, but I still would end up spending time on money making it more in line with what I would like. Pretty hard to go wrong on this one for $1800 though, even if it was 30 below and buried in a snow bank at the time.

The rock guard that I had sprayed on the front is a rubberized truck box liner in a can that I had purchased from Canadian Tire. I had a few cans left over, as I had used it for the interior of my old CJ5 offroad beast that I recently departed with. It received plenty of abuse and worked well in that application so I am hoping it works for this. Either way, it is literally better than the nothing that was there ( except the pile of rock chips). Worst case scenario, I have to try something else.....

I am hoping to have the interior mostly done in June so I will post some pictures
soon. We are planning a trip to Kelowna for the July long weekend so I have a bit of a deadline pushing me.

I will keep the posting on the progress...
Thanks again !

Tags
trillium