I've been working on this little rig over the past few weeks and it's coming together.
A few things (noted items are 'in process' of completion):
- clean the exterior, remove orange stripe (planned to re-stripe but I may not)
- clean the black staining on the exterior, seal finish and apply ZEP gloss finish
- clean up the belly band, re-drilll and re-rivet.
- get rid of old cracked black trim and put "sweet" yellow trim moulding
- Rock-guard lower front portion
- strip and repaint rear bumper, jacks and add a hitch receiver for bike rack
- strip and repaint front hitch
- new safety chains
- new wiring and plug
- new trailer jack (to be installed)
- LED side marker lights
, modified original rear tail lights
- added door light
w/ LED bulb
- converted cable door to 120v to 30A twist lock RV plug (to be installed)
- switched st185/80R13 to Ford Ranger Wheels (painted and cleared) w/ BFG All Terrain TA LT195/70R14.....I know these aren't "trailer' tires
but the weight
rating is as high and they are LT (light truck) tires
with 3 ply sidewalls so.....
- repacked bearings with synthetic grease and added "bearing buddies"
- new exterior reflectors and bubble levels
- ordered new Trillium decals, chrome door appliqué and decal for front rock guard
- replaced broken window, cut and replaced new 3/4 plywood for around window, hand polished window frame ( 3 more to go )
- new door hinges
- removed door latch cleaned, oiled and reinstalled
- removed nasty hasp lock on door .. still have holes there to deal with
- added 3-gang switches and plate inside door
- added progressive dynamics PD6000 dc power distribution centre
- installed 2 new - 6v deep cycle trojan batteries and box
- repaired OE PD6211 power converter ( new fuse block and switch )
- added LED bulbs to existing light
- new propane
supply lines and 20lb bottles
- replaced stove with new dometic glass top unit
- added Maxxfan 7000 deluxe ( in process )
- new cork floor ( in process )
- new window coverings and upholstery ( in process )
- New Boliy 3600w Generator
- I am sure I forgot a pile of other things ....
There are many more things that I am working on currently, and have in the plans for the next couple of months, like upgrading the plumbing system, adding a proper AC distribution centre and changing out the cabinet doors. The goal is to have everything done by July 1.
I got a great deal on this rig and have no idea how much I have spent to date (or will spend in the next month or so) but I do have all of my receipts together and will wait until I am done to figure out how much I have in.
Either way it's all worth it ......