Ab (Canada) - 1976 - Trillium 1300 - $4650 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Referrals: Molded Fiberglass Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-30-2014, 10:32 AM   #1

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Ab (Canada) - 1976 - Trillium 1300 - $4650

Looks like the buyer of:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...obo-63953.html
Is hoping to make $1150 by flipping it. Kinda hard to hide that blue.

fiberglass trailer | travel trailers, campers | Edmonton | Kijiji

Date Listed 29-Apr-14
Last Edited 29-Apr-14
Price
$4,650.00
Address Edmonton, AB, Canada
View map
For Sale By Owner
Colour Other
Year 1976
save money for you gas you need fiberglass trailer .I have 1976 Trillium (like boler) Fiberglass Trailer Very lightweight, can be towed with just about anything. Structurally in good shape, no cracks in fiberglass or frame. All original appliances. Inside lights all functional. 3 way fridge (12V, 110V, Propane). Works ..., plug cable for on-site power supply. Marine battery and gas lines. 2 burner gas top, gas furnace. Everything in proper working Trailer weighs approximately 950lbs and can be pulled by a class 1 hitch and 4 cylinder vehicle $46500
Attached Thumbnails
Clipboard01.jpg   Clipboard02.jpg  

Clipboard03.jpg   Clipboard04.jpg  

Clipboard05.jpg   Clipboard06.jpg  

Clipboard07.jpg  
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:36 AM   #2

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
I saw that too, as you say quite distinctive! That is a really quick flip - 48 hours, guess they won't be joining the forum!
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:10 PM   #3

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Gee- down here in the States it would take longer than two days to complete all the paperwork to get legal Title to the trailer so it could be sold again.

You Canadians have one HECK of a fast system up there!
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:31 PM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: Burro
Oregon
Who said anything about title transfer? The OG seller most likely gave a signed title to the flipper and the flipper will give the same title ( not ran through the proper channels) to the new unsuspecting buyer.

Hi, I'm calling about your fiberglass smurf cottage, do you have a clean title?
Yes, this is Jim. I have a clean title.
I would like to buy it
I will take your money
I thought your name was Jim, it says mike on the title?

Or something like that
NEWFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:47 PM   #5

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Hoo boy- Here in Washington State that's a surefire way to get hit with double sales tax.

Every transaction is taxable, and if you take a title in the name of someone other than the guy you got it from to the Registrar, they assume there's been an intervening transaction and bill you TWICE!

Maybe the rules are different in Canada, though.
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:09 PM   #6

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWFISHER View Post
Who said anything about title transfer? The OG seller most likely gave a signed title to the flipper and the flipper will give the same title ( not ran through the proper channels) to the new unsuspecting buyer.

Or something like that
Nope that wouldn't work in Canada.

We have registration and the owner the trailer is registered to in a data base has to have signed over the registrations on a form with the buyers details included on it as well..... so they would have to get it switched to their own name before reselling..... easy to do though as any insurance company can do the change over in minutes as they have access to the data base, assuming there are no registered leans against the trailer.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:17 PM   #7

Alberta
Registry
Well, here in the wild west, (Alberta) it is possible to buy a trailer with a hand written bill of sale, then register it for life for $100 and change. Sometimes they give you a bit of trouble, but not usually.

We don't have a title system in Canada, we don't need no stinken title. As for leans, I'd be surprised if you can get a loan on a 38 year old trailer, or use it for collateral. I suppose there are other ways to get a lean on it.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:39 PM   #8

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
We don't have a title system in Canada, we don't need no stinken title. As for leans, I'd be surprised if you can get a loan on a 38 year old trailer, or use it for collateral. I suppose there are other ways to get a lean on it.
LOL Actually David we do. We just call in Registration not Title. Your correct though few banks these days would bother to register a lean (or as we call in Canada a "chattel mortgage") up on anything worth less than $10,000.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:58 PM   #9

Alberta
Registry
Our registration system sounds totally different from the title system they use in the US. Like I said, a hand written bill of sale is enough most times.

Title seems to combine our registration system with leans. Probably a bigger subject then I am informed enough to talk about. But, my point is that it is not as big an impediment to selling a trailer. That hand written bill of sale can include a line, "Free of leans", which would make me happy as a buyer.

I could walk into a privately run registry office and walk out with a licence plate in a few minutes. Makes it easier to steal a trailer though.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:24 PM   #10

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
It's not lean. That's pork.

lien |ˈlē(ə)n|
nounLaw
a right to keep possession of property belonging to another person until a debt owed by that person is discharged.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:47 PM   #11

Alberta
Registry
Ya, spelling never was my strong point. In high school my grade 12 English teacher went on at length about how that was going to be a problem for me. I told him that spell check was coming. He said, "You have to stop living in a fantasy world."

Doesn't help with homophones though.

BTW, I had to google that word.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:14 PM   #12

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Not mine either.
I can't tell you how many times I've had to look up "axle".
Old 04-30-2014, 10:52 PM   #13

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Trillium
Oregon
I just finished a post in the general chat area, after seeing my recently sold trailer up for sale again, and then I saw this in this sub-forum

I really hope the potential buyer looks at this forum.

I really can't believe some people. Plagiarism and all.
Dennis_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:57 AM   #14

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post

I could walk into a privately run registry office and walk out with a licence plate in a few minutes. Makes it easier to steal a trailer though.
LOL David you are making it sound like some of us are really in the Wild West and its a dangerous thing to buy a trailer in Canada

Those privately run registry offices are all using Government owned and operated data bases to do the registration though. In Alberta you can through those agents obtain a Vehicle information Report - Which will show you its registration history in Alberta as well as if it has any leans against it. Same is avalable in all provinces, in BC the cost of that report is under $20.

In Provinces such as BC where we have mandatory Provincial auto/trailer insurance you can be sure that if the trailer was reported stolen it will pop up as a big red flag on the screen at the Registers office. In Alberta it appears you can also request a search on a data base for that as well.

In Alberta it looks like you also need to produce some government issued ID as we do here, in order to register the vehicle/trailer so you would be pretty silly to steal a trailer and then walk into a registry office and show them your Alberta drivers licence or Canadian Passport without having altered the serial number - which would also present a big problem as there would be no history of the trailer ever being registered which presents a whole other load of problems...

I know last year there was a Bigfoot trailer that someone posted in the referral system for sale here that was going for a low price as the seller didn't have any valid signed transfer papers for it - there was a bit of an odd story as to how the trailer came into their possession but it didn't show up as having been reported stolen on a search. Lots of good meaning folks here who are totally unfamiliar with the registration system up in the North, encouraged folks to grab the trailer as it was a real deal and they surely had to be a way to get it registered in the buyers name. Well guess what! There was no way to register that trailer - at least not in BC where it was being sold & had been previously plated - the party the old outdated plates on it were registered to, was not contactable. Also no way would it have gotten across the border without valid transfer papers. It ended up being sold off in parts. Shame as it was a pretty nice looking Bigfoot. The good news was that the buyer had their eyes wide open when they purchased it so was aware that may be how the story ended.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:21 PM   #15

Alberta
Registry
It's for sale again

I recognized the blue interior.

Trillium boler | travel trailers, campers | Edmonton | Kijiji

Date Listed 22-Feb-15
Price $3,800.00
Address 59 Street Northwest, Edmonton, AB T5W
View map
For Sale By Owner
Year 1976

1976 Trillium Fiberglass Trailer

Very lightweight, can be towed with just about anything.

Structurally in good shape, no cracks in fiberglass or frame.

All original appliances.
Inside lights all functional.
3 way fridge (12V, 110V, Propane). Works for sure on 110V, doesn't cool as well on propane, can't confirm about 12V.
2 Burner Stove - works great
Furnace - works great
Inverter - Never used so can't confirm condition

Missing rock guard from the front window.
Windows are original, all cranks working.
The windows need to be re-sealed, some moisture in the mornings after a heavy rain.

New tires and rims purchased last year, maybe 200 km on them. New spare included as well.

The previous owner painted (non-professionally) both outside (white) and inside (blue). I was planning to clean this off, but have not had time. 780 four two eight 9282
3 new tires 100%
Totally functional, would be beautiful with a little TLC. $3800 obo.
Attached Thumbnails
Clipboard01.jpg   Clipboard02.jpg  

Clipboard03.jpg   Clipboard04.jpg  

Clipboard05.jpg   Clipboard06.jpg  

Tags
trillium