BC - 1994 Bigfoot 17' $13,500 CDN - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2019, 07:10 AM   #1

Name: Justus
Trailer: Currently Shopping
California
BC - 1994 Bigfoot 17' $13,500 CDN

Price was $12,000 when I check it earlier this morning. Now listed at $13,500.

This is not my trailer, please don't comment here or PM me asking for details. Use the link to contact the seller directly.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-travel-trail...ler/1416308632

Center bath model with lots of owner mods.
Old 02-21-2019, 01:03 AM   #2

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Bigfoots are 17.5' long but 8' wide then if a canopy installed slightly wider. where as the Boler, Scamp, Trillium, Casita and a whole bunch of others are in the 6' to 6.6' wide which means much easier to tow. You need a good tow vehicle for the Bigfoot not a 4cyl, or V6, what you will need is a V8 to move these trailers.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:54 AM   #3

Name: Justus
Trailer: Currently Shopping
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
Bigfoots are 17.5' long but 8' wide then if a canopy installed slightly wider. where as the Boler, Scamp, Trillium, Casita and a whole bunch of others are in the 6' to 6.6' wide which means much easier to tow. You need a good tow vehicle for the Bigfoot not a 4cyl, or V6, what you will need is a V8 to move these trailers.
Stude
This is a 1994 Bigfoot, not a post-2005 double-hulled model. Aerodynamics may be similar, but it's a lot lighter. Not that a referral thread is the place to debate TV requirements, but the tow vehicle/trailer combo spreadsheet created by board members, plus substantial additional anecdotal evidence, says you don't need a V8 to tow it (or a newer, heavier model for that matter).

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...6oSPkw/pubhtml
Old 02-21-2019, 09:17 AM   #4

Name: J
Isle of Wight
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
Stude
I quite happily tow mine up hill and down dale with a V6 so I think you are wrong.

Jim
WizWid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 09:44 AM   #5

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
Agreed. I pull mine with my little 98 Tacoma with a V6 just fine. It does max out my payload limit, but as Bigfoot trailers (17') actually tend to have a little less tongue weight than trailers like Casita, the payload thing doesn't have anything to do with the Bigfoot specifically. Just trailers in general.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 12:12 PM   #6

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus C View Post
This is a 1994 Bigfoot, not a post-2005 double-hulled model. Aerodynamics may be similar, but it's a lot lighter. Not that a referral thread is the place to debate TV requirements, but the tow vehicle/trailer combo spreadsheet created by board members, plus substantial additional anecdotal evidence, says you don't need a V8 to tow it (or a newer, heavier model for that matter).

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...6oSPkw/pubhtml
:if you say so!
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 12:45 PM   #7

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
yep....

the 17.5 weighs another thousand pounds or so....so a V8 for that one would be better...although there are some people who tow that with a V6 (must make for some precise trip planning but doable none the less)

interesting that the 94 model has a regular furnace, as opposed to the ducted (3) furnace in my 97.....I always thought that in such a small space a ducted furnace was "overdone" anyway...the downside of the "regular" though would be more noise and reduced kitchen drawer space (my ducted is located below the double door closet in it's own compartment...to get to it I have to unscrew/remove the closet floor)

lots of cosmetic work went into that trailer....(way too much WHITE for my taste/use though)
Attached Thumbnails
outable1.jpg  
Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot