Can you please chime in? (Is price reasonable?) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Referrals: Molded Fiberglass Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-08-2017, 01:19 AM   #1

Name: celine
Trailer: Trillium
California
Can you please chime in? (Is price reasonable?)

After researching this a bit, I am putting the breaks on (in my head at least). It looks like it is overpriced. In California, In California, we add $,1000 to everything for sale...still. What do you guys think? Need reassurance that there is potential but not at that price...Thank you in advance!
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/an...076279516.html
bordeauxinmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:18 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Registry
Looks well worth it to me. Looks like. condirion is excellent. Pretty cool trailer
Jim Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:30 AM   #3

Name: mark
Trailer: ,Retro by Riverside RV
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by bordeauxinmay View Post
After researching this a bit, I am putting the breaks on (in my head at least). It looks like it is overpriced. In California, In California, we add $,1000 to everything for sale...still. What do you guys think? Need reassurance that there is potential but not at that price...Thank you in advance!
Celine, based on the description, and pictures I think it all depends on what you are looking for and what price you are willing to pay. If the work on appliances doesn't bother you and you are willing to do a bit of cleaning and repair, then it SOUNDS like it will roll down the road and COULD provide what you need/want.

I am new to the fiberglass trailer market and have ordered a new one, but, have to wait a long time. The price of the trailer is fair in the eyes of the seller, and probably will be to the right buyer. Question is , is that you?
I have lived in Calif almost all of my 66 yrs, and yes, it does seem we pay a bit more for many things. Doubt that will ever change.

Mark
MK Evenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:46 AM   #4

Name: debbie
Trailer: 2010 13' Scamp
North Carolina
Offer $4000
DEBBIEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 11:34 AM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEBBIEC View Post
Offer $4000
He said he was not going to cut his price and would keep it if he couldn't get his price.

To me it looks like it will need a good going over then kept up.

Not for the timid or unhandy person.

Joe
Joe Romas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 11:38 AM   #6

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
looks like a lot of work for the money,,,
An F-Stream in similar shape in Idaho recently sold for 2800.
Are they are truly stuck on 6500,,,,,?
I really like the style of these trailers and have been looking for
one for several years but that one is over priced in my eyes and yes
maybe 4000,,, if your ready to spend quite a bit of time and money
to make it look good and work properly.
IMO
Fred
FRED SMAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 11:38 AM   #7

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Romas View Post
He said he was not going to cut his price and would keep it if he couldn't get his price.

To me it looks like it will need a good going over then kept up.

Not for the timid or unhandy person.

Joe
I do mind paying the price asked if I am told it is fair. I have never owned a trailer before but I just finished the interior of a tiny house. I feel I can tackle it
Old 04-08-2017, 11:56 AM   #8

Name: debbie
Trailer: 2010 13' Scamp
North Carolina
I am not timid, nor am I in the unhandy category- I would never buy it. I might take it for free to resell AS IS, but there are so many things that could be written g. I say be patient and hold out, the perfect deal will come along. I finally got my dream casita to spend time with my grandkids. I just waited and TA DA, it was there. The best part is, I made new friends as the sellers are spectacular folks!
DEBBIEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 02:59 PM   #9

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED SMAILES View Post
looks like a lot of work for the money,,,
An F-Stream in similar shape in Idaho recently sold for 2800.
Are they are truly stuck on 6500,,,,,?
I really like the style of these trailers and have been looking for
one for several years but that one is over priced in my eyes and yes
maybe 4000,,, if your ready to spend quite a bit of time and money
to make it look good and work properly.
IMO
Fred
Shopping around, I found 1980 Fiber sold for $5,500 in Cali last year. It is beautiful and had Cali plates.
https://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/...a-crescenta-ca
She is attached to it and not 100% sure she will sell. I think I will keep my options opened. It's a lot of $ for a lot of work to do. Thank you for your opinion!
Old 04-08-2017, 03:38 PM   #10

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
I think the question here is, how much do you want his particular trailer? Have you actually seen it yet? Is it worth a drive only to turn around and come home without it? If not worth a drive, then not worth, really, "any" price to you.

Print out our FGRV buyer's checklist if you do go see it, and don't fail to go over it carefully.

Those dark bits on top of the stove look like metal corrosion. Not unlikely and not readily "buffed out."

It looks about average for the age; rode hard and put away wet but not ruined and not unusable. We paid "too much" for ours but it had exactly what we wanted and we were impatient. After 9 months of work and $3,000 worth of repairs we now have our Peanut...but the first one could be used as is...you can always put block ice into the fridge and make do with an "icebox." (In a plastic kitty litter tray or other plactic bin to catch melts).

It's up to you. There is NO set price for these things. The price isn't outrageous.

BEST
Kai
Old 04-08-2017, 03:39 PM   #11

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Price out here is good but it has title issues. I have dealt with title issues in California and the price would have to be far better to go down that path again.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 03:53 PM   #12

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
That first 1978 FiberStream says it has a clean title. We would not want to start wrestling with ANY title issues...even in states where it is generally easy to clear up, exceptions can really cost you and disappoint you.

Also, that one already sold looked pretty original and CUTE inside, but the one with all the cedar wood in it looked oddly dated and "dark" and even grungy. Even the so-called "new" upholstery fabric looked like it was put onto old cushions--kind of icky looking. But it may be fine--again--you need to go see it and be ready
to walk away. (Drive away, really.)

BEST
Kai
Old 04-08-2017, 05:02 PM   #13

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Good working appliances are actually very important in the value of a unit as it is a real budget buster to replace them. That trailer does not have any decent appliances in it. All of them are in bad shape.

Keep looking it is still early in the season.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 06:17 PM   #14

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
It seems overpriced since none of the appliances work. Broken appliances seem to be the thing that turns campers off if they've never done much camping and then they quit because of inconvenience. The appliances will be expensive to replace and you'd have a hard time getting your money back out of it if you didn't fix them. Figure about $1,200-1,500 for a fridge if you're lucky. Hot water tank about $600 if a new one will fit or you have to redo the walls maybe, how about water pump? Toilet looks like a porta potty but it could flush. Check out the holding capacity of the toilet. We bought an old Casita and had to put in some plumbing, hot water tank had to cut out wall since the original one was only 3 gallons, the fridge quit but the dealer had agreed if it didn't work he'd fix it but decided he'd only pay half of it, plus other work. We did it all but had only paid $5,000 for the trailer and put about $1,000 into it. Got our money back finally. The toilet holding tank was only 5 gallons. Filled up real fast. Think long and hard on this. You can get a good trailer for around $9,000 with everything working.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 06:40 PM   #15
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Not worth the work and hassle and $ unless you're really focused on that brand. Just trying to replace the window locks will probably mean new windows, plus $2500 - $3000 to replace/repair/update appliances (unless YOU do the work.)

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 06:52 PM   #16

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I see red flags about camping all over but listing for sale in a state that it is not registered in, suspicious.
Old 04-08-2017, 10:41 PM   #17

California
The whole community is AWESOME! Thank you everyone for your input. We newbies get so excited...I was going to drive up to see it but decided it is not right for me. Moving on to my perfect fiber trailer
Old 04-08-2017, 10:52 PM   #18

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
The whole community is AWESOME! Thank you everyone for your input. We newbies get so excited...I was going to drive up to see it but decided it is not right for me. Moving on to my perfect fiber trailer
Good decision .
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 02:27 PM   #19

Registry
VT? Hard to come by... I'd do it. Will only increase in value if taken care of.
Wobble is offline   Reply With Quote