EBAY: UHaul CT 13 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
EBAY: UHaul CT 13

1985 U Haul CT 13 Fiberglass Travel Trailer in RVs & Campers | eBay Motors

Mods that I see: Roof mounted AC, tail lights have been adapted to round, refrigerator installed, sink cover added, faucet changed, cook top replaced, curtains replaced, added interior lights, spare tire mount added, cabinet doors replaced.
Attached Thumbnails
ebay_uhaul.JPG  
Old 05-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #2

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
Nice looking rig!

Has an awning track on it and oversized propane and looks in
good shape.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:07 PM   #3

Name: Brenda
Trailer: In the Market for 13' Camper
California
Yes! I am eying this one...stand clear everyone it's mine...MINE!!!! lol. Thank you Thomas for posting this. I would not have found it on my own because I was searching for Scamp 13'. This one is just as awesome I only live 3 hours away from it and am hoping to snag it
Brenda_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:47 AM   #4

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Watch out for those last second bidders! We got our Burro when I put in a large amount on my last bid that the nasty last-second person did not expect, so he/she was automatically outbid with no time to rebid.

Good luck! Uhauls are awsome except right now - we are out on Pine Ridge Reservation where it is raining, and we found a few unknown leaks and get to hook up in this today.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:00 AM   #5

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Cindy, I'm still tracking down leaks as we've had a lot of rain the last few days. Found a couple bad spots in the roof seam forward of the vent, a spot in the front window rubber, and yesterday figured out there is a leak around the front window that shows up in the right storage area. The double wall makes it hard to track them down, and the water entry point can be so small as to barely be seen.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #6

California
Thank you Cindy. I did not know they were prone to leaks. I will ask the seller about that. From the photos it looks in good condition but we are going to take a look at it tomorrow. I am hoping we will get it.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #7

New York
Our Uhaul had leaks all over, some you would never see if the storage areas have the liners or bins in them. The side windows are generally the biggest leak area. All this can be fixed, but it can be difficult to locate the source. There are replacement options for the side windows that are better than the originals, cost is under $150 each.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #8

California
Oh thanks Bob (and Mary). Where can one find replacement windows? I love this forum everyone is so nice
Old 06-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #9

Name: Benjamin
Trailer: Uhaul ct-13
Michigan
Regardless of my leaks I still love my uhaul
uhaulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:20 PM   #10

New York
Benjamin, keep looking and eventually you may be able to find & fix all the leaks, I think I'm down to just a few, and know where they are. Brenda, there are a couple options for window leaks, one is to rebuild them and put them back in with new weatherstrip. Another option that has expired was; a member here found some new original windows that had been in storage for many years, but they are sold out. Another member here, Robert, user name "higginra", found where to order new windows custom made to fit the opening, and at a reasonable price. My searches for custom sized windows resulted in extremely high costs, so Robert is the go to guy for questions about them. Those windows don't set in a rubber weatherstrip like the originals, they use a clamp ring on the inside like the front and rear windows, a much better setup than the originals. A Scamp rear window can be made to fit in the rear of a Uhaul by widening the opening slightly, I did that with ours. So when you go to look at that Uhaul, examine the windows, look for silicone or caulk around them, ask if they leak. They may already have been updated. There are storage areas at the four corners inside the trailer that are accessed by covers under the cushions. They may or may not have bin inserts that lift out. You want to look in those areas with the bins out. There's a battery box in the rear toward the center, and the original power converter was in the right rear storage area [curb side or door side] If water leaks around the marker lights it will end up in those storage areas. Stove vent will leak in a driving rain, that is if the wind is blowing it against that side. These Uhauls are a neat little trailer, but have things that are unique to them only. One nice thing is the inner hull which makes it bright inside and easy to clean. Many have been modified or upgraded to suit the owners taste or needs. Let us know what you think of it.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #11

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
Good Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda_B View Post
Oh thanks Bob (and Mary). Where can one find replacement windows? I love this forum everyone is so nice
MS. Brenda,
Hope you are successful in your quest. There always seems to be others that come along if this one is not to be.

28 years ago the rubber and felts were new and not deteriorated so finding some leaks is very common! But, as I own 2 of these, I know it depends on how they have been used, stored, maintained etc. as one of mine had no leaks and the other I had to fix.

There are great thread info here on repairing the windows. Just replacing the outside window glazing strips in the door, side, rear windows, and cleaning out the drain holes will stop a lot of the leaks in that area. Mr. Bob has a lot of good info on other leaks from experience!

You probably were not around here when many of us scarfed up new old stock side windows that had been discovered by a member! What a great find for those of us that needed them. Unfortunately, the limited supply went very quickly! We are all still waiting for NOS tail light lenses to be discovered somewhere!(or for Lanny to make some...)
Old 06-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #12

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtriceflt View Post
You probably were not around here when many of us scarfed up new old stock side windows that had been discovered by a member! What a great find for those of us that needed them. Unfortunately, the limited supply went very quickly! ........
The bad news is that the NOS windows are gone, but the good news, as Bob has already stated, is that higginra found a source for reasonably priced clamp type windows that are inherently a better sealing design.

http://teardroptrailerparts.com/
Old 06-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #13

New York
Like Don mentions, the tail light lenses are unique to the Uhauls only, and no longer available. Uhaul has an adapter that bolts or rivets on in place of the original tail light units, and they allow you to use a readily available 4" round light, made by various manufacturers and available at any auto parts stores. This ebay Uhaul has those adapters.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #14

New York
Guess Brenda didn't like it, listing just ended with no bids!!
Old 06-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #15

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Too bad. The only reason we had a leak during our recent trip was that the wind was blowing so hard that rain was driven in where it has never gone before.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #16

Trailer: 1993 13 ft Scamp
Registry
I would be on the way to pick it up if the Jeep was included. I would love to have a Jeep CJ-5 or CJ-7 someday.
barryra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:19 PM   #17

Name: Leonard
Trailer: not yet
California
Re-listed. Now with a "Buy it now " price.
LeonardS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #18

California
Yes, I did not snag this one. I went to look at it and although the sellers are very very nice, for us the price was a bit too high for the condition. We will wait and save up for a new or newer Scamp.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #19

New York
Good that you were able to look first, can't tell much by pictures. We paid $2000 for ours knowing it needed some work, that was a year and a half ago and I'm still working out a few little problems. Typical of older trailers, unless a previous owner took care of them first.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #20

California
I was glad I was able to look at it also. It is in good conditions or a 30 year old trailer, but not perfect. For someone who is handy at fine tuning it, it is probably more worth it.

Tags
uhaul