Fiberglass Trailer Scams - Page 25 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-26-2010, 07:38 PM   #337

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Florida
Registry
Paypal is normally credited as being a very safe way to conduct business. Why do you say that?
I've used paypal,beyond ebay transactions, many times. The Paypal resolution process, the one time I had an issue as a buyer on ebay, was fair, fast, and pretty painless... for both me and the seller with whom I had a problem with extended shipping time and no receipt of product.
Just curious. It's not very hard to set up a legitimate paypal account, (if you're legit) and many buyers count on its rules and guidelines. They are afraid of sending a check or money order to the unknown hinterland, as I am. A verified Paypal account shows that the recipient, and seller, have legitimate, traceable accounts and funds.
Have you personally had issues without resolution with Paypal, Chester?

Old 04-26-2010, 07:41 PM   #338

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Florida
Registry
I would add that there have been reports of "fake" Paypal payment websites that are nothing but a sham, and a way to harvest info. They do not look the same as the real Paypal site, but very close.
If the buyer offers a link to Paypal, beware. It may not be the real thing. Paypal has very stringent rules on what can go out on links and emails. As "Dora's" grammar is suspect in her quote, at second reading, I'd probably be suspect, too. Especially, if she offered a link on how to set up a "secure Paypal account".

Another typical scam is to offer to buy thru ebay and/or Paypal, and then offer to "save" the seller money by offering other types of funds, or transaction thru a third party. Anyone who does that, is a definite scammer, or at the very least, someone trying to circumvent the system. People have been ripped off with no funds or fake checks, even fake cashier's checks, and have already turned over their property without easy recourse.
Sherry

Old 05-11-2010, 06:42 AM   #339

Name: Kevin K
Trailer: 17' Casita
Mpls,Minnesota
Registry
1999 Scamp 16ft. travel trailer w/ bathroom and shower It weighs 2000 lbs. and can be towed easily.
- We have checked all the systems and everything seems to work properly.
VIN: 1s7r16107x0135540
Vehicle title: Clear
Slide outs: None Water capacity: 1-5 gallons
Length: 16 feet
Sleeping capacity: 4
Awnings: None
Leveling jacks included: Yes
ALL THE OPTIONS FUNCTION ACCORDINGLY!
If you have any further questions please email me.
rog-873764[at]hotmail.com
http://erie.craigslist.org/rvs/1733014988.html

Name:   campgroundmap.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  5.6 KB
Old 05-12-2010, 06:55 AM   #340

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Scam
Old 07-07-2010, 09:48 PM   #341

Trailer: Rockwood Pop-up
Okay, this is weird but here is another Scamp 16'. This one a bit newer and more expensive. Located in Sioux City, IA. Also as a bit of trivia the abbreviation for the Sioux City airport is somewhat amusing. It is SUX.
Anyway here's the link. http://siouxcity.craigslist.org/for/1828978088.html
Old 07-07-2010, 10:03 PM   #342

Trailer: Rockwood Pop-up
Quote:
Okay, this is weird but here is another Scamp 16'. This one a bit newer and more expensive. Located in Sioux City, IA. Also as a bit of trivia the abbreviation for the Sioux City airport is somewhat amusing. It is SUX.
Anyway here's the link. http://siouxcity.craigslist.org/for/1828978088.html
SORRY folks. Looks like this is a SCAMMER. Same ad showed up in another Nebraska Craigslist with just slightly different pics. I think it is a scam. SORRY again. I would delete but am not sure how as I am a newbie here. Thanks for understanding.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:24 PM   #343

Name: N/A
Trailer: 1985 AND 1988 Casita Patriot Deluxe 13'ers. 10 eggs shy of a carton!
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
SORRY folks. Looks like this is a SCAMMER. Same ad showed up in another Nebraska Craigslist with just slightly different pics. I think it is a scam. SORRY again. I would delete but am not sure how as I am a newbie here. Thanks for understanding.
I've been flagging those ads all week. It's like playing whack-a-mole!

No worries, Ruth! And welcome to the forum!There's a seperate section for referrals, by the way. You have to be logged in to see it.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:36 PM   #344

Name: melissa
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13 DLX
Florida
They're at it again. Same email saying they use Liberty Consigment Stores to handle the transaction. They dont even bother to change the name on the email. I sent a message to Craig's List notifying them but the more flags we get the better.

2010 Scamp 16'
Old 11-03-2010, 10:35 AM   #345
cbc

Name: Mike
Trailer: Still looking
South Carolina
Man, that same 16' Scamp pictured above is on Greeneville SC's craigslist as well.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:06 AM   #346

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
2001 for $3700, yeah sure

The following ad appeared on Craigslist 11-18-10 for a 2001 Scamp 16 for $3,700:

SCAMP 16 FOOT RV CAMPER TRAILER

The price made me wonder, and also the interior height was listed as 6'3"... wasn't 2001 pre-fire, with a lower ceiling height? I'm not sure. Anyway I wrote and asked for address to view the trailer, and offered to send a deposit if they would first send me two more photos of specific areas within the trailer (such photos would show me they really do have the trailer in their possession). I got back this reply:
It's still for sale but before i start answering your questions, i`ll have to let you know that i left town a few days ago because i have to help my daughter organize her wedding, and i may stay here a while, but this is no problem because i`ll sell it through Co-Op services. I guess you used Co-Op before, if you didn`t let me know because i met people that never used it and i will explain how it works in detail. I want to sell it now because i need the money for my daughters wedding so if you are interested in buying it now let me know. Also let me know if you have other questions. Thank you
Sarah

Does anyone besides me smell a dead rat?
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 09:36 AM   #347

Name: Peter
Trailer: 1971 Amerigo
Colorado
Probably.
The Co-Op Services bit smells...and the presumptive approach to something obviously obscure smells as well.

Good point about the additional photos...!!
Old 11-20-2010, 11:08 AM   #348

Name: melissa
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13 DLX
Florida
Oh ya, I've gotten this exact same reply from 3 different trailer ads I've responded to. The only difference is it looks like they've changed the name from "Liberty Consignment" to Co-op. If you Google Liberty Consignment Scam several hits came up so I guess they decided to change the name. Every time one pops up I report it to Craigslist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Galazin View Post
The following ad appeared on Craigslist 11-18-10 for a 2001 Scamp 16 for $3,700:

SCAMP 16 FOOT RV CAMPER TRAILER

The price made me wonder, and also the interior height was listed as 6'3"... wasn't 2001 pre-fire, with a lower ceiling height? I'm not sure. Anyway I wrote and asked for address to view the trailer, and offered to send a deposit if they would first send me two more photos of specific areas within the trailer (such photos would show me they really do have the trailer in their possession). I got back this reply:
It's still for sale but before i start answering your questions, i`ll have to let you know that i left town a few days ago because i have to help my daughter organize her wedding, and i may stay here a while, but this is no problem because i`ll sell it through Co-Op services. I guess you used Co-Op before, if you didn`t let me know because i met people that never used it and i will explain how it works in detail. I want to sell it now because i need the money for my daughters wedding so if you are interested in buying it now let me know. Also let me know if you have other questions. Thank you
Sarah

Does anyone besides me smell a dead rat?
Old 12-10-2010, 06:04 AM   #349

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: Boler 1978 17' 4" Earlton Ont Model
Ontario
Registry
Did not know this type of thing happened.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:34 PM   #350

Name: Kathie
Trailer: U-HAUL VT16
upstate ny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borden View Post
Did not know this type of thing happened.
That is how I found this site. I needed a small camper I could pull with a car so went to dealers and they laughed at me, next tried Craig,s list and kept finding sellers who would not let me look any camper for all sorts of reasons, but more than willing to have me buy site unseen through all kinds weird methods including eday but not having it listed on Ebay, PayPal, but had to go trough their link, and so forth. That lead to a search and I found you and puchase from a member and am thrilled!

Tags
scamp