Fiberglass Trailer Scams - Page 26 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-18-2011, 05:35 PM   #351

Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Registry
What I get is emails talking about my Pay Pal Account. I know it is a scam because I have no Pay Pal account. I just forward them to:

spoof@paypal.com

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:37 AM   #352

Name: Kevin K
Trailer: 17' Casita
Mpls,Minnesota
Registry
04' 16 ft DELUXE SCAMP - $4100 (Grand Rapids,MI)

This is a GOOD buy.
I sent a email off to them 2 days ago still no response.

2004 16 ft Scamp Deluxe in excellent condition. Deluxe means that it has the nice oak woodwork and cabinets rather than the standard white formica. The oak really dresses it up and gives it a more homey feel.

It's loaded... AC, furnace, stove, sink, refrigerator, front bath w/shower, side dinette, power roof vent/fan, TV antenna, awning, and lots of storage space. Also included is a custom fit RV cover to keep it safely out of the elements.

I won't bore you with all the specs, they're available on Scamp's web site, but I will say that it's very light and pulls very easily. it's ready to roll... (tires, bearings, etc.) 
Name:   3k43oc3l15O55U45S1b8o923004096d4f1aa9.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  7.2 KB

Name:   3n43k23mb5V45Q05U4b8o1e834b1e24511791.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  7.1 KB

Name:   3na3m13p05Q15U55S1b8o96b3e0baeeff1509.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  6.8 KB

Old 08-26-2011, 02:13 PM   #353

Name: Laurel
Trailer: in the market
Minnesota
interested

We are very interested, live in Duluth MN but can come and get or meet you- have cash. please contact John and Laurel at blueheronmurals@hotmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
This is a GOOD buy.
I sent a email off to them 2 days ago still no response.

2004 16 ft Scamp Deluxe in excellent condition. Deluxe means that it has the nice oak woodwork and cabinets rather than the standard white formica. The oak really dresses it up and gives it a more homey feel.

It's loaded... AC, furnace, stove, sink, refrigerator, front bath w/shower, side dinette, power roof vent/fan, TV antenna, awning, and lots of storage space. Also included is a custom fit RV cover to keep it safely out of the elements.

I won't bore you with all the specs, they're available on Scamp's web site, but I will say that it's very light and pulls very easily. it's ready to roll... (tires, bearings, etc.) Attachment 39428

Attachment 39429Attachment 39430
Old 08-26-2011, 03:07 PM   #354

Name: Tim
Trailer: Class B for now
NY
Kevin, I emailed them also, and usually with the CL deals, I don't hear anything for 2-4 days, and then they tell me it has been listed through Ebay to protect us both in the classifieds which is all bogus. But then there is always a good deal every now and then, trouble is you have to weed through the bogus one's to get it.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #355

Name: James
Trailer: Uhaul CT-13
Ohio
Registry
Scam alert!
Old 08-26-2011, 10:59 PM   #356

Name: Tim
Trailer: Class B for now
NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panoz77 View Post
Scam alert!
I agree
Old 08-27-2011, 06:33 AM   #357

Mpls,Minnesota
Registry
SCAM
This is what they sent me
I still have the camper available. Its condition is excellent with no issues at all; all the appliances are in working condition . Clean interior has no unpleasant odors of any kind (i.e.; pet, smoke, musty, etc.). Main floor doesn't show scuffs and blemishes. Carpeting and upholstery are in very good shape. There are no roof leaks of any kind. There is no water damage. Exterior shines nice, colors look good .It has a clear and clean title, free of all liens and encumberances.
Unfortunately I am not home and I can't sell it myself because my sister had a baby and she had some complications so she is still under medical care. Her husband asked me if I can come and take care of things around the house until she gets better. This is no problem for me as far as the transaction is concerned because I was selling this through E-CT anyway. I believe you know what E-CT is if you buy and sell online often, if you don't I'll be glad to walk you through the process. Let me know if you are still interested

P.S: Copy and paste the link above into your browser to see more pictures:
Picasa Web Albums - zs deja - 2004 SCAMP 16...

SCAM STAY AWAY
Old 08-27-2011, 09:08 PM   #358

Ohio
Registry
Why close it? It is good for scam alerts, is it too long? Maybe close it and open another scam alert thread?
Old 03-10-2012, 10:31 AM   #359

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
This scam ring, included RV's brought in 4 Mill.
Russian flight attendant part of sophisticated Internet con, U.S. authorities allege | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun
Old 03-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #360

Name: Karalyn
Trailer: Eggless for now but looking. currently own Amerilite 21 ft
Minnesota
Seems that most ads I answer are also Scams. If I hear back it is usually a scammer. Keven, are you the other one advertizing on mpls craigslist for a Casita/Scamp?? Someone is even offering a finders fee. I wonder if I will find one in this area. Are you looking too?

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:58 AM   #361

Name: jen
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003
Georgia
Would this be a scam? Someone advertises a 2008 casita in Atlanta on Wednesday, on craigslist; I answer that day with my # and say we can come see it, I get an email back "showing it on the weekend cheers" I write back, where and when, please call (and give my # again), no answer at all, then on Monday I get an email, The casita is still available, here are pix; again no #, so I email back, it looks in excellent condition but you need to call me to discuss it and give my # again, no call.

By this time I think he is a scammer and fishing for some response from me he's not getting. He never gives a #, never calls, and never says where in Atlanta he is. Maybe he's looking for a response about cash deposit or something.

Any thoughts? It makes no sense why someone would email you back and never give you any information and never call.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:50 AM   #362

Ohio
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbooks View Post
Would this be a scam? Someone advertises a 2008 casita in Atlanta on Wednesday, on craigslist; I answer that day with my # and say we can come see it, I get an email back "showing it on the weekend cheers" I write back, where and when, please call (and give my # again), no answer at all, then on Monday I get an email, The casita is still available, here are pix; again no #, so I email back, it looks in excellent condition but you need to call me to discuss it and give my # again, no call.

By this time I think he is a scammer and fishing for some response from me he's not getting. He never gives a #, never calls, and never says where in Atlanta he is. Maybe he's looking for a response about cash deposit or something.

Any thoughts? It makes no sense why someone would email you back and never give you any information and never call.
Scam
Old 03-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #363

Name: Karalyn
Trailer: Eggless for now but looking. currently own Amerilite 21 ft
Minnesota
Yes. Scam. Sounds familiar!! I have replied to many of these over the past few months. They just keep leading me on if I let them. One was an actual trailer that the owner replied to my husband and not me. The Casita had been rolled, the door did not fit right and they never got a salvage title. My thought is this one was not meant to be yours. Makes one very fustrated though!!!! I have given up on my dream Casita for now. There is one on Craigslist now and I have emailed that owner. He is about $2000 higher than what I sold my 2000 - 16 ft identical to his. Well, needless to say I am not buying that one! I finally found a brand new camper this weekend, not fiberglass and yes I am sad about that, but at least I have a camper and at a much more reasonable price. I gave up on my dream Casita camper for now. Way to many scams and I finally had had it. Hopefully you will find your dream camper soon though. I found lots of dishonest people selling, all wanting to make a few extra bucks from what they origionally paid for the camper. I will pay a decent price, but not padding their pockets for way more than they paid for it.
That being said, watch out for the scammers, they are out there big time. Why? I guess maybe they enjoy watching us get our hopes up to be let down again.

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:59 AM   #364

Mpls,Minnesota
Registry
Karalyn What did you end up buying?

Tags
scamp