Fiberglass Trailer Scams - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-25-2006, 07:50 AM   #113

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Illinois
Here it is again. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=290022883685

I reported it to ebay. I don't get how they get away with scamming though.

Old 08-25-2006, 08:42 AM   #114

Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Iowa
Quote:
There's a Scamp scam on ebay right now SCAM
Good catch Byron. I reported it also. It's gone this morning.

Quote:
This Listing Is Unavailable

This listing (320020670357) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.
If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it canceled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay.
Roger

Old 08-25-2006, 08:52 AM   #115

Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Iowa
Quote:
Here it is again. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=290022883685

I reported it to ebay. I don't get how they get away with scamming though.
I reported it as well. They get folks to respond through "phishing" emails that appear to be from eBay. Why folks respond to them is beyond me, but they do. I get a couple of them a week sometimes. They get the victim's account info (password) and they're off and running. Local law enforcement doesn't have the resources to track them down and they're usually off-shore somewhere out of reach of the locals. The Feds and international law enforcement have more on their plates than eBay scams to spend their time on. THAT's how they get away with it.

Unfortunately, some of the really sophisticated scams running in the developed world right now are run by and fund terrorist organizations. The dollars they receive go directly for terrorist funding. Since they're not particularly concerned about legal consequenses anyway, it's a perfect way to raise money. You'd absolutely be shocked at the methods that legitimate funds are being stolen and/or diverted.

Roger
Old 08-25-2006, 09:31 AM   #116

Name: Michael
Trailer: Amerigo & Trailmanor (popupish)
Indiana
If you want to remove any lingering doubts that it's a scam auction, click on the "other items from this seller" button.

There's 4 trailers, including the Scamp. Two of the auctions have been edited by the real owner of the account announcing that it's not his trailer and that his account was hijacked.

mkw
Old 08-25-2006, 06:55 PM   #117

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I've reported about 400 scam auctions on ebay this past week since I became aware of them thru this website. All their ads have a buy it now price of $2,900. (most anyway)...they want contact outside of ebay only. Using selling a John Deere Tractor, camper, RV, in gift items category, etc. Not too hard to spot. And most have a starting bid of less than $100., usually with an odd .change amount.

I'd shut down their auction and they'd be back in business 15 minutes later. I save their auction list and an hour later search for auction items on the list and catch them again.

I was going through the trouble of emailing the scammers, but found I can log into ebay > my ebay > send email. It has 'unauthorized activity' > stolen ebay ID listed as subject choices.

I'm amazed that some people can be suckered by the ads, but then again they got those ID's by people responding to junk emails that their ebay account had been compromised and to enter their user/pw. I used to tutor people on the computer and I'm not suprised at all that there is always a new crop of victims online.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:49 PM   #118

Is this the same one again?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-Dinett...sspagenameZWDVW
Old 08-28-2006, 10:44 PM   #119

Name: Linda and Dale and Dallas the cat
Trailer: 1984 Fiber Stream
California
How about this one listed under tanning lamps
180022964290 for $1.49.
and this one 180022954068 under books fiction.

Both want a direct e-mail before bidding. Both have same pictures exactly. Both under the same name. Interesting.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:13 PM   #120

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1982
This one is still on ebay but it smells like a scam to me.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:41 PM   #121

Hi guys, it's me Gary R with a quick report on three scams that I noticed on
Ebay of Fiberglass Travel Trailers:

first........Ebay #230004701290
second....Ebay #230023136714
third........Ebay #320022150957

REd flags everywhere on these three listings....first they always start at a ridiculously low price, like 49 cents....second the buy it now price is generally in the $2800-2900 range.......third there is always some problems with using Ebay email, so you have to directly contact them...also they often are unavailable on
Sundays or they are away from their usual email.....fourth one of the "vendors" is acually using the same email address he used when he scammed me "just4u2@netzero.com.

So I am channelling my anger into preventing these people from scamming any more unsuspecting fiberglass trailer purchasers...eveybody needs a hobby LOL

Gary R
Old 08-29-2006, 02:43 PM   #122

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry

That one's been on ebay several times, I've reported it with different item numbers close to a dozen times.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:45 PM   #123

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Hi guys, it's me Gary R with a quick report on three scams that I noticed on
Ebay of Fiberglass Travel Trailers:

first........Ebay #230004701290
second....Ebay #230023136714
third........Ebay #320022150957

REd flags everywhere on these three listings....first they always start at a ridiculously low price, like 49 cents....second the buy it now price is generally in the $2800-2900 range.......third there is always some problems with using Ebay email, so you have to directly contact them...also they often are unavailable on
Sundays or they are away from their usual email.....fourth one of the "vendors" is acually using the same email address he used when he scammed me "just4u2@netzero.com.

So I am channelling my anger into preventing these people from scamming any more unsuspecting fiberglass trailer purchasers...eveybody needs a hobby LOL

Gary R

Keep reporting them.
I've reported a bunch.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:47 PM   #124

I'm beginning to think every trailer on ebay, is a scam!

http://cgi.ebay.com/04-SCAMP-CASITA-16-TRA...1QQcmdZViewItem

How can you sell this Casita for $2800????
No location!
Don't use ebay to email!
Free shipping!

How do you let ebay know if you think it is a scam?
Old 08-29-2006, 07:55 PM   #125

Name: It depends on who is asking..
Trailer: Actively seeking Escape 19/21
British Columbia
Julie:

As far as I'm concerned this ad IS A SCAM. The many recent posts here have reported the 2800-2900 dollar price, among other noticable similarities, such as: DO NOT BID - CONTACT ME VIA EMAIL ONLY.

Too good to be true? Buyer Beware!

Apparently Ebay is being flooded with these scam ads right now. Hopefully a solution will be coming soon. I'm also hearing that Ebay users are having their accounts hijacked by way of responding to false emails (looks like it's from Ebay but isn't). If you need to contact Ebay, make sure you do so directly from their home page and not some link in a bogus email.

Please be careful.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:28 PM   #126

Name: William
Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
Florida
I've had to change the password on my email twice in the last month and ebay wants me to change my password there for the second time in 2 weeks. Somebody has been emailing me with forms that look more like ebay forms than ebay forms do saying they are going to report me to ebay if I don't send the item they won off me. Problem is I have not sold anything on ebay for close to 2 years. What they're after is my email address. If you get one of these, DO NOT REPLY to the email. check to see if the same message is on your ebay message board. If ebay sends it they also display it on your personal message board under my ebay. Now today I got a message from ebay wanting me to change my email and ebay password again, now I'm wondering if thats ebay or the scondrels. I think I'll just stay off ebay and see if things cool down or sign up in a new account later. Too bad though, I've bought some high dollar items off there including my Casita and years ago a Goldwing bike. would'nt dare now

Tags
scamp