Fibreglass Trailer Boat (Portland) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2010, 08:16 AM   #1

Trailer:
Fibreglass Trailer Boat (Portland)

This is the small (teardrop trailer-sized) fibreglass trailer that has a boat on top. I think this Tow-Row may be the modern version built on a Harbor Freight chassis, but the shape is the same as the 60s original Trailerboat.

Teardrop Trailer with Detachable Boat on top. MUST SEE!
Andrew Gibbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:33 AM   #2

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Seller note
This cozy and convenient 4x8 camper trailer has 3ft 3in of head room and weighs only 495 lbs. Great little 8 ft row boat that latches to the roof for the casual fisherman or amateur explorer. Offers are welcome but no trades.
Thanks,
Paul
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01703.JPG   DSC01704.JPG  

DSC01705.JPG   DSC01706.JPG  

DSC01763.JPG   DSC01765.JPG  

DSC01766.JPG   DSC01767.JPG  

Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:13 AM   #3

Trailer: Cloud 13 ft and Compact Jr
I can't find anything about the brand of trailer. Does anyone know anything about them? thanks
DonDeutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:15 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
There's this post from 2007 Don: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post100659
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:26 PM   #5

Trailer: ***
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDeutsch View Post
I can't find anything about the brand of trailer. Does anyone know anything about them? thanks
The TowRow brand was a reproduction Trailorboat Rolling Cottage made by Ted Valbert in Tacoma WAin the early 2000's. He only made five before selling the business (and at least one unsold trailer - I think the one pictured for sale). The molds (business) and remaining trailer(s) have changed hands a couple of times, finally ending up in Paul Dahlman's hands in Portland OR. Paul has changed the name of the business to the American Dream Trailer Company and is actively making replacement BOATS right now. The seller of the subject TowRow is Paul Dahlman.

FYI, this is NOT an original Trailorboat Rolling Cottage. That said, Paul's company is the only game in town if you want something that looks close to the original. There is plenty of information about ORIGINAL Trailorboats at Trailorboat Trailers and a Gallery of the 28 known remaining originals on my site at The Imming's 1963 Trailorboat Rolling Cottage (look in the Photos tab in the Trailorboat Rolling Cottage VINs collection). Actually not a bad price for the trailer Paul is selling as he now gets ~$1,400 + shipping for a reproduction BOAT alone. Bonus fortuna!

Dan Imming
Dan I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:31 PM   #6

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan I View Post
Actually not a bad price for the trailer Paul is selling as he now gets ~$1,400 + shipping for a reproduction BOAT alone. Bonus fortuna!

Dan Imming
FYI, the original craigslist posting is asking $3400 for trailer complete with boat.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:44 PM   #7

Trailer: ***
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy in TO View Post
FYI, the original craigslist posting is asking $3400 for trailer complete with boat.
FYI, the trailer and boat for sale on the Portland Craigslist was not made by Paul Dahlman. It is the last left-over TowRow inventory made by Ted Valbert in either 2005 or 2006 and transfered with the sale of the molds to Paul (who has been trying to sell it since he got it in February of this year). Ted was unable to sell the trailer and it had been sitting in a warehouse in Washington since it was manufactured four or five years ago. When Ted was making TowRow trailers he was getting $2,995 for both the trailer and boat. He made one or two replacement boats for ~$600, in the day.

FYI, you might want to look at Paul's ad for this same trailer and boat at this link: Teardrops & Tiny Travel Trailers :: View topic - Tow/Row for sale (like Trailorboat but newer) PRICE REDUCED! and notice two things. First, Paul was asking $2,900 for the combo in March of this year and it didn't sell, and second, Paul has added the finished interior shown in the Craigslist ad, hence the higher price.

Finally, as I said the first time, "Actually not a bad price for the trailer Paul is selling as he now gets ~$1,400 + shipping for a reproduction BOAT alone." If you want a real shocker, call Paul at American Dream Trailer Company at 503 997-4234 and ask what a new trailer and boat that HE makes will cost. Have a suitable chair close by.

Dan Imming
Dan I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:40 AM   #8

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
Yesterday afternoon, I had the opportunity to go out and view Paul Dahlman's 'factory' and the two trailerboats standing side by side. It was an awesome sight! Two darling tiny white twins (but not identical twins!) nestled in the back, outside his workshop.
If you are interested in an eye-catching trailer and would prefer smaller and lighter, THIS IS IT! AND the price is right for a brand new Fiberglass RV plus boat. If I had the extra cash, I'd buy one right now and have it nestled in my garage next to my own Retro Baby Girl ('73 Compact II).
bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:46 AM   #9

Name: Melissa
Trailer: Scamp
California
Anyone know if this trailer/boat is still for sale?
MelissaYee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:51 AM   #10

Name: Leslie
Trailer: Alto R1723
North Carolina
It's doubtful Melissa, since the original post is from 2010. I remember seeing a write-up about this business though in the last year or so when researching the Dub Box. If you do a search for trailer/boat near Portland, hopefully you'll find them.

Leslie
Kudzu Asheville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:34 PM   #11

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudzu Asheville View Post
If you do a search for trailer/boat near Portland, hopefully you'll find them.
Paul, the owner of American Dream Trailer Company here in Portland, OR is a member here at FiberglassRV too: The American Dream Trailer Company | Teardrop Camper Trailers

They've got a Facebook page, if you'd rather go that way: https://www.facebook.com/#!/TheAmeri...TrailerCompany
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:23 PM   #12

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Trailers start at $8,900. Contact us for a customized estimate.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote