For sale Surrey, BC 1984 Casita - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Referrals: Molded Fiberglass Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-21-2015, 04:25 AM   #1

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
For sale Surrey, BC 1984 Casita

they say it is an amazing little 1984 Casita $7300 (Surrey, BC). If u know Casita's, this one is one of the better model since it sits close to the ground and is easy to pull with a car or minivan.
says he has been pulling this Casita for the last 3 years. you can read the rest when you look it up, there are pictures there to see and decide if your interested, plus the info on the tow vehicle and canoe.
For sale on CL first listed 22 days ago, ID#5291861649 also comes with a phone number which is a Seattle #425-341-9027 I believe the trailer is in Surrey, BC.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 02:54 PM   #2

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Escape and Boler
British Columbia
Craigs list listing??

Hi'
I have typed in the 'listing nbr' under Seattle RV for sale and for
Surrey R V for sale - for Craigs List and comes up 'nothing listed for that nbr'.
Can you advise exactly how I get to this ID#5291861649 Nbr?
Thanks.
Dennis
Lindenguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 03:03 PM   #3

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Did you try the phone number? 425-341-9027

A Casita still on C/L for 22 days is gonna be a bit suspect.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 03:23 PM   #4

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
It appears on the Vancouver BC Craigslist still which makes sense if it is in fact located in Surrey BC. A zoom in on the photo of the rear although hard to see completely it looks like it does not have BC plates on it. So it MAY not be registered in BC. which could present a small problem ...

Vancouver Craigslist - Amazing little Casita.

Have sent the seller an email .... will post the response when I hear back from them... if I do....
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 03:26 PM   #5

Mystery Solved

Here's the ad in the Canadian C/L and it's in Canada
Amazing little Casita

That's $7300 CND= about $4800 USD... That's a good price.

Old 11-21-2015, 04:05 PM   #6

Sorry, we were writing at the same time.....

BUT.... that possible tegistration issue may be why it hasn't sold in over three weeks. Seems like a steal to moi.... I'd grab it down here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
It appears on the Vancouver BC Craigslist still which makes sense if it is in fact located in Surrey BC. A zoom in on the photo of the rear although hard to see completely it looks like it does not have BC plates on it. So it MAY not be registered in BC. which could present a small problem ...

Have sent the seller an email .... will post the response when I hear back from them... if I do....

Old 11-21-2015, 09:22 PM   #7

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
Mystery Solved

Here's the ad in the Canadian C/L and it's in Canada
TBD if it is or is not in Canada!
The seller did respond that it has "not yet been imported" ...... in other words if it is in Canada it CAN NOT BE PURCHASED in Canada.... it needs to leave the county and be imported correctly before it can be registered in Canada. The good news is due to its age that is pretty easy and cheap thing to do.

If it is in Canada and a Canadian wants to buy it they would need to have the seller haul it across the line and the Canadian buyer should take possession of it on the US side & bring it back into Canada properly.

I have asked the seller to confirm the actual location of the trailer at this time.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:15 PM   #8

British Columbia
sorry about that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindenguy View Post
Hi'
I have typed in the 'listing nbr' under Seattle RV for sale and for
Surrey R V for sale - for Craigs List and comes up 'nothing listed for that nbr'.
Can you advise exactly how I get to this ID#5291861649 Nbr?
Thanks.
Dennis
Go to the Vancouver BC Craigslist and it should come up funny thing is I thought he sold it but I see it is still for sale along with the Van and the canoe on top of it, it is parked in Surrey and he is living in Seattle, he says he and his wife are Missionary people.
I did also give a phone number that he supplied.
Stude
Old 11-21-2015, 10:52 PM   #9

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Missionary? Not Military?
Do you get a commission?
Old 11-21-2015, 11:01 PM   #10

British Columbia
read the ad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Missionary? Not Military?
Do you get a commission?
: I saw the ad and there are people in your group who like these units so I now know how to put the ad up there and not in the wrong place.
So that is what I did, did I type it wrong or are U not seeing straight?
Stude
Old 11-22-2015, 12:15 AM   #11

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
I see it is still for sale along with the Van and the canoe on top of it, it is parked in Surrey
NOPE it is not in Surrey BC Canada.

The seller just confirmed via email regarding the actual location of the trailer
" It's presently in Washington".

But yep it is still for sale.
Old 11-22-2015, 02:46 AM   #12

British Columbia
I believe the ad says still has US registration

Quote:

: but if for sale in Canada not good deal for Canuck to buy in getting it to stay here, but good for US person. Be careful no money up front, I sometimes wonder about these kinds of sales could be odd? But then he might have free storage in Canada
Stude
Old 11-22-2015, 03:53 AM   #13

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
: but if for sale in Canada not good deal for Canuck to buy in getting it to stay here, but good for US person. Be careful no money up front, I sometimes wonder about these kinds of sales could be odd? But then he might have free storage in Canada
Stude
?????
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:47 AM   #14

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
lots of red flags....

not the least of which is the "missionary" angle (????) why put that in there?...to inspire confidence maybe?... where's is it parked again?...where's it registered? and the seller is nowhere near the thing??? gee that'll make things simple won't it?............ lots of trailers out there...if it was me shopping I'd find a WAY more uncomplicated deal
Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 03:34 PM   #15

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franswa View Post
not the least of which is the "missionary" angle (????) why put that in there?...to inspire confidence maybe?... where's is it parked again?...where's it registered? and the seller is nowhere near the thing??? gee that'll make things simple won't it?............ lots of trailers out there...if it was me shopping I'd find a WAY more uncomplicated deal
TOO MUCH GOING ON WITH THIS "LISTINIG" - In Canada NOW NO!
And not reg. in Canada - As they say on the Dragons Show - IM OUT!
Thanks. Dennis
Old 11-22-2015, 03:45 PM   #16

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Thus, demonstrating the danger of making referrals.
You may end up participant in a scam.
Old 11-22-2015, 03:50 PM   #17

Registry
Quote:
Stude
Actually still a good deal for a Canadian even though it is in Washington.

Due to the age of the trailer you just need to make sure you get a title document from the seller and receipt for the purchase price, show up at the Canadian border with the trailer and declare it. Go inside and get some paper work done on it & pay the GST on the purchase price. IN and out in just a few minutes. No Duty on it as it is a US made trailer, No need to pay to have it put into the RIV program due to its age, so no need to have it inspected either. Take the border paper work & title documents & purchase reciept to ICBC and they will register it to you, once you pay the PST.
Old 11-22-2015, 04:02 PM   #18

British Columbia
Quote:
Actually still a good deal for a Canadian even though it is in Washington.

Due to the age of the trailer you just need to make sure you get a title document from the seller and receipt for the purchase price, show up at the Canadian border with the trailer and declare it. Go inside and get some paper work done on it & pay the GST on the purchase price. IN and out in just a few minutes. No Duty on it as it is a US made trailer, No need to pay to have it put into the RIV program due to its age, so no need to have it inspected either. Take the border paper work & title documents & purchase reciept to ICBC and they will register it to you, once you pay the PST.
With the Cdn Dollar at approx. 75 cents - it means the cost is 135% of the US $ price - and in B C there will be an additional 12% total tax
on the converted to Cdn Dollars price. An ISPECTION is approx. 125/50
dollars BUT if they inspect and find 'faults' then these have to be repaired.
I friend brought up a 25 Aero Cruiser (1990) from San Diego.
The cost when 'inspected' - and yes more probability on a MH compared to a 'trailer' - but nevertheless his cost to 'put it on the road' in Canada was over $ 2.200.00.
Demmos
Old 11-22-2015, 04:08 PM   #19

Moreover, if it has a U.S. title is it in the sellers name, is a Washington State Title and is the registration current?

As I mentioned, a Casita, at that price, that didn't sell within 24 days has something wrong, in this case it MAY be with paperwork.

Old 11-22-2015, 04:18 PM   #20

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindenguy View Post
With the Cdn Dollar at approx. 75 cents - it means the cost is 135% of the US $ price - and in B C there will be an additional 12% total tax
on the converted to Cdn Dollars price. An ISPECTION is approx. 125/50
dollars BUT if they inspect and find 'faults' then these have to be repaired.
I friend brought up a 25 Aero Cruiser (1990) from San Diego.
The cost when 'inspected' - and yes more probability on a MH compared to a 'trailer' - but nevertheless his cost to 'put it on the road' in Canada was over $ 2.200.00.
Demmos
Yup exchange is high right now but he has it listed as CDN $'s so no exchange to add onto it.

As said previously no RIV inspection needed as it is a trailer older than 16 years.
RIV inspection on trailers btw even if needed is all about the light lens covers and the location of outside lights... nothing to expensive to fix if they find a problem.

Have seen folks pay about the same sometimes more for old Bolers in the area he has listed it and Casita is not an overly common trailer in these parts so he may well get what he is asking for if its truly in good condition.

It is a bit of a strange deal though - but the seller may simple be aware that we north of the border do tend to pay more for old fiberglass trailers & its an easy export from the US due to its age, so why not try and sell to a Canadian.

Tags
casita