Front Dinette Trillium 4500? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Referrals: Molded Fiberglass Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-06-2011, 10:56 AM   #1

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Front Dinette Trillium 4500?

He doesn't say it is a front dinette model, and it does have a bunk in the gaucho. But doesn't the last picture seem to show a separation for the feet, as a dinette would have?
Why is it that all the front dinette models that I have seen do not have a furnace?
Trillium 45 Travel Trailer
Attached Thumbnails
1643kg3_20.jpeg   5901h5m_20.jpeg  

6804iai_20.jpeg   09451id_20.jpeg  

David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:51 AM   #2

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
It looks to me as though it is a hacked model turned into a front dinette?
The cushion looks like it is for the couch not the dinette to me.
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:50 PM   #3

Name: Fred
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Washington
Registry
I concur. The cushion is not for the dinnette. Either the cushion or the cutout is not as it came.

--Fred and Natalie
1978 Trillium 4500 "Bernerwagon"
freddo411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:58 AM   #4

Name: Rod
Trailer: 2014 GWV Trillium Sidekick 1500
British Columbia
Registry
later year bunk models & front dinette models

I had wrote about this in another thread but I will write about it again here for history's sake.

A few years ago in the summer I travel led down to Temecula California with my '78 1300 in tow to buy some parts from Tom Young, and truthfully get some history about the Trilliums straight from the horses mouth so to speak. Needless to say Tom was a wealth of information. When Tom saw my '78 he seemed to think it may have been older because he told me that at some point in '78 they started using the same frontal interior fiberglass molds for both the bunk model and the front dinette model (they used the front dinette molds for both). This was to cut down on production costs of maintaining two molds and because the storage door on the front part of the trailer closest to the fridge was kind of useless because it generally gets in the way (I would agree with this myself). So what they did for a bunk model was literally screw down a piece of plywood in the grooves where the table would sit when the front dinette model was in bed mode and use a long bunk cushion and the rest of the parts for the bunk bed/gaucho. Then the porta potty storage would be in the resulting space under the plywood, making it easy to pull out and return.

If you search through the threads on this forum you should find about 2 threads that talk about converting a bunk model to a front dinette model. One of them talks about cutting away the fiberglass in the front to make the space for the legs, and the other talks about removing 4 screws from the plywood and a much easier job.

Me being the difficult person I have grown into prefer t have a factory front dinette, the deluxe model, which probably means I will never own one *sigh*, and I used to think my dad was stubborn and difficult lol

I am a Trilliumaire - I can go camping anytime, any place, anywhere.
Rodre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium