GA - U-Haul CT 13 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-24-2013, 07:52 PM   #15

Name: Bruce & Kaye
Trailer: U-Haul 13ct
Georgia
Registry
Thanks for the encouragement Tom! Our other travel trailer is a 1973 (?) Avion. It's built like a Sherman tank! We are excited about our little camper too, and know what a toll the 80's took on me...I leak & wobble a bit myself! lol But Montana is calling us this summer & I've got spring fever something fierce....ready to fly the coop in our little egg! BTW we just discovered, we're missing the little square/retangular cushion from the bottom bunk. Any chance I can get a measurement for someone with an existing one?

Old 03-24-2013, 08:02 PM   #16

Name: Sean
Trailer: 1984 Uhaul CT 13
Georgia
Registry
I had to put in new weatherstripping around the door. I also used some eze rv gutter molding over the door to divert the water around the door.
The water should run around the inner lip of the door and drip off the bottom. I'll see if I can take a picture tomorrow.

My U-haul Camper Blog
knighth001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #17

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Tom, do you know what weatherstrip fits the door? I just got some from another member but don't recall what the spec or source is, dodge van maybe. I remember seeing it posted at one time. Is it in mike's parts source list. Bruce and Kaye will need that info.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:44 PM   #18

Georgia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Tom, do you know what weatherstrip fits the door? I just got some from another member but don't recall what the spec or source is, dodge van maybe. I remember seeing it posted at one time. Is it in mike's parts source list. Bruce and Kaye will need that info.
I ordered this and it fit great
http://www.perfectfit.com/15976/1663...-the-side.html
My U-haul Camper Blog
Old 03-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #19

Name: Dave (and/or John)
Trailer: Scamp 16 SD std layout 6
Georgia
Registry
Congratulations on the new camper. Hope to see you in our GA state parks sometime!

John and Marilyn
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:23 PM   #20

Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Bruce & Kaye. We have one small rectangular cushion that measures 8 by 22 inches. Not sure where its intended use is, we don't use it at this time as we use the front as a couch and leave the rear as a bed using 5" foam as a mattress. Keeping all the cushions for possible future use. Sean has a good idea with the rain gutter. That was my first attempt at eliminating leaks at the windows, but it didn't completely solve the problem. I didn't put it over the door. I bought mine from Camping World. My initial solution for solving the leak issue was to buy a Shelter Logic 10 X 10 peaked roof canopy from Northern Tool for around $100. When we spent 3 weeks in December 2011 on the coast of Georgia it was great for keeping falling acorns from the Live Oaks from banging on the roof besides keeping the trailer dry. Used it again this winter when we spent 3 months in that same location. We have since replaced the side and rear windows, fixed a leak in the roof, fixed leaks at the marker lights, at a stone chip in the lower front, and at the lower door hinge. For the leaking problem at the stove vent, I bought a vent cover on ebay, used only the outer part, modified it, and attached it over the original louvered vent with the original top center screw and some butyl tape. So far it's survived a 4000 mile trip. It was listed on ebay as "RV range hood, exterior vent cover polar white". Cost including shipping was under $20. Leaks have been the most annoying problem on our Uhaul, all fixed except for an occasional drip at the front window and the door window. I'll get them fixed yet.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:19 AM   #21

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
It was offered up that a Dodge minivan door seal works.

UHaul Door seal

I don't see the seal listed in Mike's summary, but the new owners will want it print a copy for future reference.

Fiberglass RV - Document Center - Uhaul parts cross reference
Old 03-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #22

Georgia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighth001 View Post
I had to put in new weatherstripping around the door. I also used some eze rv gutter molding over the door to divert the water around the door.
The water should run around the inner lip of the door and drip off the bottom. I'll see if I can take a picture tomorrow.
So as I mentioned, I used this for the door frame weatherstripping:

http://www.perfectfit.com/15976/1663...-the-side.html

Here's a pic of the eze gutter:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130325_154327.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	56584

I had some extra plain stick on weatherstripping that I put on the door itself. (and extra gutter that I made a channel on the top of the door with)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130325_154528.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	56585

door doesn't leak at all now. Hope this helps.
My U-haul Camper Blog
Old 03-25-2013, 06:08 PM   #23

New York
Sean: Thanks for that info, I'll add it to my Uhaul file folder.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:00 PM   #24

Name: Michael J
Trailer: U-Haul VT
Indiana
Registry
[QUOTE=knighth001;372556]So as I mentioned, I used this for the door frame weatherstripping:

Trim Seal- Vinyl Quick edge with round rubber bulb on the side

That is the same as I used on the VT and sold what was left to Kevin. Will add it to the list along with the dodge caravan info for the next update along with alternate windows and hopefully wheel options. I got an old Hollander cross reference book today and am pondering the info, appears there may be a 14" option to go with the 15" that came with mine originally, just have to wait till the snow melts and I can get some part numbers off the wheel.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:47 PM   #25

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
Re: the door SEAL and also the door SILL

[QUOTE=mmeyer;372609]
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighth001 View Post
So as I mentioned, I used this for the door frame weatherstripping:

Trim Seal- Vinyl Quick edge with round rubber bulb on the side

That is the same as I used on the VT and sold what was left to Kevin. Will add it to the list along with the dodge caravan info for the next update along with alternate windows and hopefully wheel options. I got an old Hollander cross reference book today and am pondering the info, appears there may be a 14" option to go with the 15" that came with mine originally, just have to wait till the snow melts and I can get some part numbers off the wheel.
Mr. Mike,
Thanks again for your efforts at establishing and enhancing the Uhaul parts Reference List! One day, quite by accident, I happened to find this
stair edging which is an exact replacement for what came on my original
CT. It is available in brushed satin gold as well and cheap!
Search Results for*stair trim*at The Home Depot

It may be available Lowes, etc....
Mr. Bruce and Ms Kaye,
Watch out or you'll catch our UHaul fever (actually it's kind of fun!)
Old 03-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #26

Name: Bruce & Kaye
Trailer: U-Haul 13ct
Georgia
Registry
Thanks everyone! We've ordered new weather stripping for the door & will get the gutter as well. Fingers crossed. I may have found a source for tail light covers/lense! I'll get his information if anyone is interested. The tail light covers/lense is $75.00 each & there is a waiting list. Although ours are fine we are ordering a set "just in case". He said it would be a few months out, as he casts them himself, as needed. He said they are labor intensive. Let me know if anyone is interested.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #27

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceandKaye View Post
........I may have found a source for tail light covers/lense! I'll get his information if anyone is interested. The tail light covers/lense is $75.00 each & there is a waiting list. Although ours are fine we are ordering a set "just in case". He said it would be a few months out, as he casts them himself, as needed. He said they are labor intensive. Let me know if anyone is interested.
Every one is interested. Is it different than this source?:

Tail light lenses c10 u haul
Old 03-26-2013, 04:34 PM   #28

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
Tail light lenses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceandKaye View Post
Thanks everyone! We've ordered new weather stripping for the door & will get the gutter as well. Fingers crossed. I may have found a source for tail light covers/lense! I'll get his information if anyone is interested. The tail light covers/lense is $75.00 each & there is a waiting list. Although ours are fine we are ordering a set "just in case". He said it would be a few months out, as he casts them himself, as needed. He said they are labor intensive. Let me know if anyone is interested.
YES SIR, WE ARE ALL INTERESTED, IT'S PROBABLY LANNY...

Tags
u-haul