I found a 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel for sale - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Referrals: Molded Fiberglass Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-04-2013, 05:10 AM   #1

Name: Shawn
Trailer: Boler
Florida
I found a 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel for sale

I am just passing this along I am not the owner or know the owner. Here is what the ad says,
This is a unique, 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel.

Complete with A/C, refrigerator, hot water heater, dinette, twin LP tanks, awning, spare tire, stove top, wet bath and more.

My name is Andy and my cell is (386) 503-2707.

This unit is in Saint Augustine Fl and it is by a dealer. The part the dealer hasn't talked about is this unit had a tire blow out that cause some damage but not much on the left side. Also right above the hitch is some FG damage too. Over all the damage isn't that bad has I seen from the pics. I think he is asking too much for this but that is just me. Here is the link.

2010 Scamp 5th Wheel Camper - 19 foot - Weighs Less Than 2500 POUNDS!
ShawnKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:38 AM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Nada. $7945-$9850
mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:13 AM   #3

Florida
Ya I know. I also let them know and they said the extras are extra. I also said what are they extras and everything he said I told them that was standard on the Scamp. Then he said make a offer but I didn't go there because I also told him it needed work on the FG just from looking at the pics so it isn't avg it is below avg. But I put it oout there for others. I hate to deal with a dealership. I just boug ht a new car and I went with Costco so I didn't have to deal with the dealership. And I save big bucks to boot.

Suggested
List Price Low
Retail Average
Retail Base Price $13,295 $5,710 $6,880
Old 05-04-2013, 06:53 AM   #4

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
NADA means nothing in the trailer world, particularly fiberglass trailers. Personally I think that is a really good deal especially if you are handy. I'm sitting here now wondering how I could get to Florida and back cheap enough to make it worth my time.
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:02 AM   #5

Florida
I think I would spend just a bit more and get a new one. I already called Scamp and asked them how much for a new one and ect ect. I rather get a 2014 for a few more bucks but that is me. If I can help you out let me know.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:06 AM   #6

Registry
How much is a new one? My ideal would be a "Deluxe" but I want the side bath so I can convert the bunk. Much too small trying to sleep sideways with only 72".
Old 05-04-2013, 07:15 AM   #7

Florida
I really forgot what a new one cost. This one they are selling is the standard one. I think if I am right there is 3 5th wheel models. I just new if I was going to spend 10 grand on a used one I would speed just a couple more and get a new one that doesnt need fixing. Scamp people are real easy to talk to. They will send you a price list and what ever you want on it.
But then again you can always make a offer on the used one. Call them and tell them what you are willing to pay!
Old 05-04-2013, 07:20 AM   #8

Registry
This one is only 3 years old and I'm pretty sure a new one would be double that asking price. I already own one, but, if I didn't have to pay a couple thousand to ship it out west I'd be interested in making an offer on it.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:26 AM   #9

Florida
Oh no, a new one of what they are selling is not double in price for a new one. I am not sure but (IF) I remember right, I want to say under 16 grand and that is for a new one not one that is 4 years old and used with damage. Call Scamp Monday. Call now and see if anyone is home. I am not sure if they are open today but try
Old 05-04-2013, 07:30 AM   #10

Florida
They are open today as per web site.
Scamp Travel Trailers: Contact Us
I just called but they are not open yet. Let me know how much a 5th wheel cost, the base model like they are selling here. Thanks and good luck

http://www.scamptrailers.com/ContactUs.aspx
Old 05-04-2013, 08:17 AM   #11

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
A standard 19 with option package is $16695 which this look like. The nose repair will run about $500. I got a price list a about a month ago. The standard base model is $14495.
Eddie
One other note about this trailer. The jalose windows frames extend inside the upper sleeping area an each side. You really should modify the trailer and sleep head to front if you are over 6 ft. tall.
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:35 AM   #12

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Nada is what this dealer is looking at. Which makes a differents in dealing with them.
He isn't going to buy blue sky sold in the so called FG world.
If your buying and selling you need to know the differents.
You need to add the ac, better fridge, awning and hot water will give you with option price.
Banks will loan the lesser amount, this is where they look.
Kelly Blue is worthless, dealers and banks use nada.
mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp