Minnesota - 16 ft scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Referrals: Molded Fiberglass Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
Minnesota - 16 ft scamp

I was driving by today on highway 169 going south. I saw a 16 ft deluxe Scamp on a RV lot north of Princeton, Mn on my right. I did not have time to stop but hoping someone will check it out if needing one.

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #2

Name: Drew
Trailer: 1987 Scamp 16ft, Layout 4
Minnesota
92Scamp

There's the link for anyone interested.
DrewSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:39 PM   #3

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Oh,it's just pretending to be a deluxe! Must confess I quite like the deluxe lettering compared to the regular red also.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #4

Minnesota
Yeah it's a nice little unit, my wife and I are unsure if we want to go check it out- it's a little out of our price range currently but the dealer says they accept offers.... anyone have thoughts on this?
Old 08-15-2012, 11:05 PM   #5

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
If you make an offer, have the mindset that you only want the trailer if you can get it for your price. All they can do is say yes or no, and if they have enough leeway to what they paid, as you're walking away they might say yes.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:32 AM   #6

British Columbia
As Mike says, leave your offer and #, they may call you. It's getting near the end of the season. There are a couple of dealers near me that have older 13 foot Scamps for crazy high amounts and of course they are not selling. These trailers do not sell usually to their regular market base although lots of people will probably say it is cute so it's worth a try.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:55 AM   #7

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewSK View Post
Yeah it's a nice little unit, my wife and I are unsure if we want to go check it out- it's a little out of our price range currently but the dealer says they accept offers.... anyone have thoughts on this?
Drew IMHO the price isnt all that high based on the options it has and the shape it *appears* to be in. Looks like its been well shined up and even the strips and logos appear to have been changed - that year & model normally are red. If all the appliances work and the axle is good and the tires and battery are less than 4 years old it IMHO it would be worth in and around that price but I would start my offer about a $1400 less (It IMHO will be pretty darn hard to find one in that shape and those options for any less than that) and go from there - if you got it for that IMHO it would be a *real* good find assuming its as good as it looks. If I got it for $800 less I would still be very happy with it (again assuming its in as good of shape as it looks) As I said thats just MHO.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:08 AM   #8

Minnesota
Thank you all so much for you input, it's nice to have validation that it is a nice configuration of options in a 16ft-er.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #9

British Columbia
Yes, I agree with Carol.
Just to compare the 'overpriced' 92 Scamp 13 near us is $9200 with no awning, air or bathroom and weird mod where top bunk would be! This one looks in way better shape in the photos.

Tags
scamp