The Official "Search Tips" Thread! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-17-2008, 10:28 PM   #15
Trailer: 76 Fiber Stream

Oh man, I have just died and gone to heaven. What a jewel!

lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:31 AM   #16
Trailer: 1992 Scamp 13 ft
I found this the other day, I like it better than crazed.

On the left hand side, click the category RVs and the drop down list box lists all the manufacturers, select the one you want and click Go. The results are in the table at the bottom. There are filters you can apply as well.

Lars H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #17
Name: Liz
Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler, 1987 & 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
The problem with jaxed is it only searches in the RV section of craigslist, if the RV is listed in another section it doesn't come up.

Another search is
1979 Boler B1300 | 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel | 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel | We officially have a collection!
Lizbeth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:13 PM   #18
Trailer: 2007 Casita
Can I make a few suggestions that if you are searching for a egg might help all of us, Please don't post a Wanted AD on craigslist.

1. Because it makes it really tedious for those of us who love to help you search, we have to go thru just about as many Wanted as For Sale.

2. Honestly, I think if there were not so mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnny, "I WANT Such and SUCH Fiber Glass Travel Trailer", then maybe the spammers wouldn't see so many "Wanted" and figure there's a sucker in every crowd.

3. The more wanted/demand the higher the prices go................. Sure we all want to sell ours for the highest price, but if someone is searching the web for ideas of what to price their item at, and they see lots of demand for that item then they are going to always price it higher... Just a thought!

4. Please if you happen to buy one off the For Sale Forum or the Referral Forum, Please say so, #1 we all get to Congratulate you, and it lets others know its sold. Ok, just my thoughts! LOL..................... Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:59 PM   #19
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
If I can be so bold - here is something else to try... Don't bother with Craigslist's homepage.

Go to google and type in the following:

" camper scamp trailer -wanted -wtb"

You have just told google to search all of craigslist for the words camper, scamp, and trailer, and not to return any listings with the words wanted, or wtb (want to buy). You can narrow down the search further by noting which craigslist cities you wish to search for. If you, like me are from Canada, you can limit the search to Canadian listings by putting "" on there instead. Maybe you want to limit it to the Toronto Craigslist? "" will do it. Sadly you can't limit it to province/state. If you want ot search in french, then try: ""

On the downside you would miss an ad like this since the minus sign told google to skip anything with the word "wanted" in it:

"13 foot Scamp for sale in perfect condition with solid gold faucets and diamond encrusted door handles. Wife wanted something more girly. $150"

you can do the same search with ebay, etc, all right out of the Google search window.
Chrs P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:59 AM   #20
Name: John
Trailer: Shopping
New Mexico
Red face

Awesome info. I totally agree with the whole ebay concept. Used to be a deal. Not anymore!
Noseybailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:18 PM   #21
Name: kevin
Trailer: Miti-Lite
Great topic, great info. Thanks everyone.
"Always look on the Lite side of life" - Eric Idle
kevin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:41 PM   #22
Name: Sarah
Trailer: Scamp
I am fairly new at this and still on the hunt for my trailer but I know you can narrow down your craigslist search if you break it up like this:

((vintage camper)|(vintage trailer)|boler|casita|trillium)

It has helped speed up my searching by including "trailer" and "camper" as well as the different brands.

I have found some good ones this way, just need to act faster on the getting in contact part!

Thanks for all the great info everyone!
summooreplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:40 PM   #23
Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Try SearchTempest Online Classifieds Search - All the Classifieds. One Search.

Crazed list died some time ago. Search Tempest remains...and it's better, actually. You can set HOW you want to search on Search Tempest, how the results are displayed, etc.

It also searches eBay and a few other sites if you want, but it's main focus is Craigslist.

Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote