told seller he is way overpriced. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Referrals: Molded Fiberglass Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-28-2018, 01:50 AM   #1

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
told seller he is way overpriced.

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/pml/...734362638.html
this is a referral,
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 05:24 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I figure the market will do the talking. In my mind a lot depends on the condition of things I can't judge from pictures, like floor, frame, axle, wiring, and appliances. It appears to be complete and unmodified. $5800 CAD is $4400 USD.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 06:14 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
It's not our place to set pricing and value on other's assets. Market and condition set the price. It will either sell or it won't.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 06:53 AM   #4

Name: Shelby
Trailer: Casita SD
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
told seller he is way overpriced https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/pml/...734362638.html
this is a referral,
Stude
Did you really? Were you interested in buying this trailer? If not, why waste the seller's time with your opinion?
ShelbyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 08:53 AM   #5

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
There are infinitely many levels of interest on the continuum from 0.00000...% to 100%.
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 09:06 AM   #6

Name: Steve
Trailer: 1979 Boler1700
Maple Ridge, B.C.
Registry
When we were looking for a trailer we looked at this persons bolers.(yes he has many and flips them) We walked away because of poor workmanship and others required way too much work for the price. I understand the market is high but this seller over charges.
ststefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 07:27 PM   #7

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Its his right to charge as much as he can get, just like its your right to pay as little as you can get away with. In the end as long as you all can sleep well at night with your decisions your Ok. No one twists your arm to spend your money.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:01 PM   #8

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
It's not our place to set pricing and value on other's assets. Market and condition set the price. It will either sell or it won't.
Very true. What something is worth differs from person to person, as if for each individual to decide that for themselves.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 03:50 AM   #9

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebaz View Post
Its his right to charge as much as he can get, just like its your right to pay as little as you can get away with. In the end as long as you all can sleep well at night with your decisions your Ok. No one twists your arm to spend your money.
A deal is a GOOD DEAL only if the Seller and the Buyer are happy with the DEAL!
As said the seller can set a price and it's his business, nobody HAS to buy it at that price and dickering should be done in private.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 11:26 AM   #10

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul O. View Post
There are infinitely many levels of interest on the continuum from 0.00000...% to 100%.
Absolutely true. If the price was low enough, everybody would want to buy it. Conversely, if the price is sky high, nobody will buy it. Some might only be interested in a deal that fits their limited budget. There is no reason to think that Stude didn't take all of these factors into account when deciding the price was too high, and then sharing his opinion. Too high for the general market at this point in time, and in it's condition, based on his extensive market research. Or, just too high for him to consider for himself. Why not share that opinion with the seller? Whenever I look at something and am deciding whether to buy or not, I have to make a decision and tell the seller my reason for walking away. "Too high", is a perfectly reasonable reason and it also opens the door to further negotiation. Telling someone you have cash, but the price is too high, can cause the price to drop by 50% in some cases. The price the "market will bear" can change in an instant and still be satisfying to both buyer and seller. There is nothing wrong with telling a seller his price is too high.
Old 10-30-2018, 03:28 PM   #11

Tennessee
If a legitimate prospective buyer told me my asking price was too high I would hear him out. If some random "armchair market enthusiast" contacted me with that opinion, I would consider it rude and presumptuous.
Old 10-30-2018, 04:49 PM   #12

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyM View Post
If a legitimate prospective buyer told me my asking price was too high I would hear him out. If some random "armchair market enthusiast" contacted me with that opinion, I would consider it rude and presumptuous.
Only if I didn't have repeat recent sales at the same or similar price. I collect, restore, and resell vintage road bikes. I price them fairly, but occasionally I get an "expert" who thinks my price is too high. I've bought and sold over 600 bikes in the last ten years, so I have a pretty good idea what something is worth. So I ignore those potential buyers.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 04:51 PM   #13

Tennessee
Agreed
Old 10-30-2018, 07:09 PM   #14

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyM View Post
Pretty much the way I see it. Why should it even be a concern if you are not interested in purchasing or if the sale will have no effect on you at all?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 11:45 AM   #15

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
Too high, don't buy.
Easy
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote