Trillium For Sale in Alberta on Kijiji - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #15

Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Well Dave? We are waiting to hear how it went.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #16

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
I now own a brused Cantaloupe

Purchasing this trailer was a bit weird. I set out almost sure that I would purchase the trailer no matter what. It was kinda dark when I arrived, so while I got a good look at the inside, the outside was covered in a tarp, and I did not get a good look at it until I got gas in Red Deer.

Boy am I in for a lot of work!

The Outside: The outside is painted, badly. There are quite a few spider cracks visible under the paint. The paint is pealing, and has faded. Its gotta go. There are fittings for an add a room on the back of the trailer. they don't work, they will be removed. The damage to the front of the trailer is due to it being jack knifed while backing up. Looks Like I will be doing some fibreglass work. The big surprise is that the frame is not original. It is made of C channel instead of square tubing. There are no brakes and the axle has a leading swing arm, just like Bolers, weird. None of the lights worked, except the two extra tail lights, but only as markers.

The Inside: The furnace is a badly installed Hydro-Flame. Its gotta go. Someone cut a door into the front of the Gaucho. It is in totally the wrong place. I will be fibreglassing it back, and cutting in the two correct doors. The closet has been converted to a pantry. The screws for the shelves are through the side of the closet. I will probably convert it back to a closet, and patch the holes. The Elephant skin has separated from the fibreglass where the add a room fittings leaked. It is right to the window, so re-gluing it will not be too hard. I will do that after replacing the wood around the windows. There is a non functional propane lamp in the upper kitchen cupboard. It will be gone.

I am sure I will find more issues, but the price was right.
Attached Thumbnails
Back Left.jpg   Back Right.jpg  

Front Left.jpg   Front Right.jpg  

Front Dammage.jpg   Toung.jpg  

Dinette an closet.jpg   Dinette and kitchen.jpg  

Gaucho.jpg   Gaucho detail.jpg  

Old 08-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #17

Alberta
Registry
More Pictures

This is the damage to the elephant skin.
Attached Thumbnails
Pealing Elephant Skin.jpg  
Old 08-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #18

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 2004 Casita Liberty 17
British Columbia
Oh my goodness, it was good that you brought it home to spruce it all up as lots of people wouldn't know where to start.
It is quite amazing the descriptions that people give for their trailers for sale are so different to what you find when you arrive there!
It will be really interesting to see your progress as you spiff it all up, thanks for updating us we were all bursting with curiousity.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #19

Ontario
I have confidence in you.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #20

Alberta
Registry
This trailer is not my top priority. I am working on the belly band of my first 4500. Then the door. The the windows. Then........

I think that I now have a couple of years of work to do on trailers. My wife tells me that this is the last one. We will talk when I run out of jobs on the trailers that I have.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #21

Ontario
Oh too bad, I was hoping you were available to do mine ....
I guess that we both have been told.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:34 AM   #22

Alberta
Registry
I found a furnace!

Wow, that was quick! I found an ad in kijiji for a gravity furnace. I am not sure why people place adds that do not have the make or model in them. It's like an ad for a car that just says, "Car, Red". I called him and he knew the model number of the top of his head. Duo-Therm 65810-002. Exactly the unit in my other 1300. Then he said, "It has the fan". At which point I was thinking that this could not be the silent gravity furnace that I was looking for. I asked if the fan was for combustion air? He said, "No, it is just to blow out heat.".

The daughter, that formerly wanted a Bigfoot fifth wheel, but now really likes the new Trillium, came with me on the hour and a half drive to Vulcan, (yes just like in Star Trek). When we got there, she had to get a shirt that has a picture of Spock that says, "Spock is my home boy". I guess the large scale Enterprise model on the highway, and the near by gift shop are quite an attraction.

The furnace is exactly the same as the one in my first 1300, except it has a 12VDC blower that sucks air from the top of the heat exchanger, then blows it out the front. There is a button, and a switch on it and a fuse as well. I look forward to seeing it in action.

I offered him $80 and he accepted. He even threw in an old power converter, (cantaloupe doesn't have one), a small plastic breaker panel that holds 5 breakers and a 5 to 10 gallon drinking water tank.

It was fun spending time with my daughter.
Attached Thumbnails
Furnace - Grill.jpg   Furnace - Inside.jpg  

Furnace - Blower Controls.jpg  
Old 08-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #23

Name: Noreen
Trailer: 1981 4500 Trillium
Ontario
Registry
The furnace looks to be in good shape, David. Did the man explain why he had it for sale?

My nephew lived in Vulcan for several years...in fact just moved a few months ago. It's a fun place to live when they celebrate Vulcan Days.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:36 AM   #24

Name: Laurie
Trailer: 13 Trillium
Alberta
Registry
Um, get in line please....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy in TO View Post
Oh too bad, I was hoping you were available to do mine ....
I guess that we both have been told.

Sorry Roy, I made that request first! Glad it worked out for you David, funny how everyone's idea of "mint" differs?!!! Have fun!
Old 08-12-2012, 10:38 AM   #25

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 2004 Casita Liberty 17
British Columbia
Great find, the canteloupe was obviously meant to be when you are finding parts for it already!
Old 08-13-2012, 12:10 AM   #26

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaigirl View Post
Great find, the canteloupe was obviously meant to be when you are finding parts for it already!
That is exactly how I feel! That and the fact that my other twin daughter is now referring to it has her trailer.

This one is going to take quite a bit of fibreglass work. The furnace that this trailer came with required the previous owner to butcher both the kitchen, and the outside vent. I will have to repair both. The door in the front of the gaucho really bothers me. At least I can use the door as a patch. I also want to put a 14" vent in place of the 9" vent that it came with. Actually, both of my 1300's need this mod. Lastly, the hole in the front of the trailer, which the PO put in it by jack knifing while backing up. After all that, I should have a better idea of how to fibreglass, or more likely, how not to.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:38 AM   #27

Name: Randy
Trailer: (4) Trillium 4500, (4) Trillium 1300, (1) Scamp,(1) Burro 16'
Ardmore, Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
I think that I now have a couple of years of work to do on trailers. My wife tells me that this is the last one. We will talk when I run out of jobs on the trailers that I have.

This is the exact same thing my wife tells me all the time Dave..She's got so gun shy she's afraid to let me go out of town for fear I'll drag another one home....
Old 08-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #28

Alberta
Registry
Just to make me feel better, how many trailers do you have Randy?

Tags
trillium