Trillium For Sale in Alberta on Kijiji - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Referrals: Molded Fiberglass Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #21

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Oh too bad, I was hoping you were available to do mine ....
I guess that we both have been told.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:34 PM   #22

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
I found a furnace!

Wow, that was quick! I found an ad in kijiji for a gravity furnace. I am not sure why people place adds that do not have the make or model in them. It's like an ad for a car that just says, "Car, Red". I called him and he knew the model number of the top of his head. Duo-Therm 65810-002. Exactly the unit in my other 1300. Then he said, "It has the fan". At which point I was thinking that this could not be the silent gravity furnace that I was looking for. I asked if the fan was for combustion air? He said, "No, it is just to blow out heat.".

The daughter, that formerly wanted a Bigfoot fifth wheel, but now really likes the new Trillium, came with me on the hour and a half drive to Vulcan, (yes just like in Star Trek). When we got there, she had to get a shirt that has a picture of Spock that says, "Spock is my home boy". I guess the large scale Enterprise model on the highway, and the near by gift shop are quite an attraction.

The furnace is exactly the same as the one in my first 1300, except it has a 12VDC blower that sucks air from the top of the heat exchanger, then blows it out the front. There is a button, and a switch on it and a fuse as well. I look forward to seeing it in action.

I offered him $80 and he accepted. He even threw in an old power converter, (cantaloupe doesn't have one), a small plastic breaker panel that holds 5 breakers and a 5 to 10 gallon drinking water tank.

It was fun spending time with my daughter.
Attached Thumbnails
Furnace - Grill.jpg   Furnace - Inside.jpg  

Furnace - Blower Controls.jpg  
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:07 AM   #23

Trailer: Trillium
Registry
The furnace looks to be in good shape, David. Did the man explain why he had it for sale?

My nephew lived in Vulcan for several years...in fact just moved a few months ago. It's a fun place to live when they celebrate Vulcan Days.
Noreen Bradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:36 AM   #24

Name: Laurie
Trailer: 13 Trillium
Alberta
Registry
Um, get in line please....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy in TO View Post
Oh too bad, I was hoping you were available to do mine ....
I guess that we both have been told.

Sorry Roy, I made that request first! Glad it worked out for you David, funny how everyone's idea of "mint" differs?!!! Have fun!
lhanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #25

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Great find, the canteloupe was obviously meant to be when you are finding parts for it already!
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #26

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaigirl View Post
Great find, the canteloupe was obviously meant to be when you are finding parts for it already!
That is exactly how I feel! That and the fact that my other twin daughter is now referring to it has her trailer.

This one is going to take quite a bit of fibreglass work. The furnace that this trailer came with required the previous owner to butcher both the kitchen, and the outside vent. I will have to repair both. The door in the front of the gaucho really bothers me. At least I can use the door as a patch. I also want to put a 14" vent in place of the 9" vent that it came with. Actually, both of my 1300's need this mod. Lastly, the hole in the front of the trailer, which the PO put in it by jack knifing while backing up. After all that, I should have a better idea of how to fibreglass, or more likely, how not to.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:38 AM   #27

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
I think that I now have a couple of years of work to do on trailers. My wife tells me that this is the last one. We will talk when I run out of jobs on the trailers that I have.

This is the exact same thing my wife tells me all the time Dave..She's got so gun shy she's afraid to let me go out of town for fear I'll drag another one home....
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #28

Alberta
Registry
Just to make me feel better, how many trailers do you have Randy?
Old 08-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #29

Quote:
Just to make me feel better, how many trailers do you have Randy?

9 so far..(6) Trilliums (2) Uhauls (1)Playpac...Also 5 boats (1) 28'pontoon (1) 1650 Duckboat (2) fiberglass Duckboats something like a canoe and (1) flatbottom... It's a sickness once you get one I mean it's like Lay's Potato Chips you can't have just one...something comes over you and you become a HOARDER!!!!! My wife has banded from looking in the referrals and classified's......Here's a couple pictures of the boat I totally rebuilt this summer..Coated the sides with fiberglas resin then applied 2 layers of camo nylon netting in MAX4 then 2 more coats of fiberglass resin over than..I think it turned out pretty good..It's got a 120hp Copperhead mudmotor on it and I also install a electric power trim..It was in pretty bad shape when I bought it..wasn't looking for a boat was looking for a trailer for my other boat and the trailers I found were $4 to $5 hundred and I found this boat and trailer for $450....
Attached Thumbnails
River_Hawk_001.jpg   River_Hawk_005.jpg  

River_Hawk_006.jpg   River_Hawk_007.jpg  

Old 08-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #30

I just now noticed I'm in the referrals don't let my wife know or it's no supper tonight... Quick picture of my other boat that I really enjoy using alot..
Attached Thumbnails
Slu-Cat%20001.jpg   Slu-Cat%20002.jpg  

Slu-Cat%20004.jpg  
Old 08-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #31

Alberta
Registry
You see, now I almost feel like I am lacking trailers. I will show my wife your post. Though it looks like you have more land then I do. My lot is big for a city lot at 130' x 64'. You appear to have an acreage.

I used to live on a boat, when I was a kid, but now I live in Calgary, where what passes for a lake may not even be there year round. No boats in my future. Your boats look great! I am sure that you have put as much care into it as you do your trailers.

Joe Thoen at Outback / Trillium tells me he would sell me a frame for $2400. I don't think so! I am now looking for a total wreck of a Trillium 1300 for the frame. Don't tell my wife. She wouldn't believe that I would part it out.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:31 PM   #32

Quote:
You see, now I almost feel like I am lacking trailers. I will show my wife your post. Though it looks like you have more land then I do. My lot is big for a city lot at 130' x 64'. You appear to have an acreage.

I used to live on a boat, when I was a kid, but now I live in Calgary, where what passes for a lake may not even be there year round. No boats in my future. Your boats look great! I am sure that you have put as much care into it as you do your trailers.

Joe Thoen at Outback / Trillium tells me he would sell me a frame for $2400. I don't think so! I am now looking for a total wreck of a Trillium 1300 for the frame. Don't tell my wife. She wouldn't believe that I would part it out.
All I've got is 7/10 of acre but I've got some very good neighbors who let me park a little over on them as long as I keep everything mowed....
Old 01-08-2021, 02:59 AM   #33

Name: Jeremy
Trailer: TravelmateSportsman
OH
Need manual for a Duo-Therm 65810-002

Does anyone have a manual for this unit and wondering if I can hook up a thermostat up to it??? jeremyjspires366@gmail.com
614-323-5589
Appalachian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium