'02 Tacoma towing Bigfoot B17CB - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-13-2009, 06:10 AM   #15
Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Also keep in mind that a WDH is not design to compensate for the drop of the rear end of your tow vehicle due to TV load. You should always have you tow vehicle level before hitching-up your WDH. It is designed to only distribute the hitch weight.

I have seen sad cases where a 750 lb. rated WDH was used to lift not only the RV tongue weight of 500 lbs. but also the TV load of over 400 lbs. This was a bad situation that ended up with a bent frame on the RV.

CD and Joyce Smith - Lily, Violet, and Rose
1999 Casita 17' SD - "The Little Egg"
2007 Escalade - 6.2L V8 - 6L80E Trans - 3.42 Diff
CD Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:54 AM   #16
Trailer: 13 ft Scamp

Did you know that 2001-2004 Toyota Tacoma pick up trucks are subject to frame rust? Toyota is inspecting them for free and either applying undercoat (we now have a 14 year warranty on our '04 frame because of this) or replacing the frame free of charge. See your Toyota dealer and ask about it if you haven't already heard.

Kirby and Adele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:56 PM   #17
Trailer: 1994 Lite House
I have a 99 Tacoma 3.4 yada yada. its because the rear leafs are junk. there is even a recall on some of them. they don't hold the arch like they are supposed too. I would get load helper springs or air ride to keep the rear end up. I added another leaf into my pack to keep it from sagging to much. Many companies also make a replacement spring for it. allcan,denver,wheelers.. etc. if money was not a problem i would get a set from wheelers offroad. they are made by allcan(best spring maker).

curtis c is offline   Reply With Quote