13 or 16 ft standard scamp which to buy? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2011, 12:13 PM   #41

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
thanks everyone for all your help.
I just received an e-mail from jim c. At scamp . He sent me copies of the weigh slips showing actual dry scale weight of 5 different trailers (13 &16ft.).

! CONGRATULATIONS ! on the (future) addition to your family! What's the gestation period for a brand new 16 ft. Scamp?

Idea:
How about starting a New Thread entitled something like "New Scamp Weight As Shipped"? I'll bet lots of shoppers visiting the site would find it really useful, and it'd be easy to find with a stand-alone title...
Did they send any info about how (if at all) tongue weight varies among the floorplans? I've wondered where water/wastewater (8lbs./gal.) is carried on self-contained units. That info would be informative, too.

Enjoy your new toy!

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:32 PM   #42

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
The original e-mail from jim c, at scamp were just printed out scale weigh tickets for the trailers the weigh tickets showed what length trailer -standard or deluxe- and what options were installed on that particular trailer ( i.e. Air cond awning ,antenna, size refer antenna etc . I e-mailed jim c. To verify whether the weigh ticket showed trailer weight only or trailer and tongue weight combined . His email said weigh ticket shows total weight (trailer + tongueweight) i.e. Weight of trailer as it sits on a flatbed truck for shipping
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:56 AM   #43

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg H View Post
Well lets look at it this way, How much do you love your wife? The extra three feet could be a lifesaver,If your going to have a front bath 13' er you can never get away from her.LOL
My wife and I have been married for 40 years this year.
We have owned our 13dlxe front bath for 7years , 50,000miles and hundreds of nights, with many trips of several weeks in length.
Our trailer has all the comforts of home and is perfect for our needs.
We have no desire to even consider a larger trailer.
The 16 sidebath is popular for having a dinette without setting up and tearing down the bed. That is an attractive feature but nothing compared to having a deluxe with the wider bed!
Because of the wider bed, a 13Dlxe is roomier than a 16standard where it counts since we sleep inside and dance outside the trailer.

When we attend a ScampCamp, we set up the table or the wraparound couch daily. otherwise we just do so as we choose,often choosing to have our meals while just kicked back on the bed watching a movie.
Truth be told we often eschew the dinette at home for the comforts of a meal and a movie in the den.
Attached Thumbnails
Eggy-Sue inside 004.jpg   Pic009.JPG  

floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:02 AM   #44

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
We have owned our 13dlxe front bath for 7years , 50,000miles and hundreds of nights, with many trips of several weeks in length.
The 16 sidebath is popular for having a dinette without setting up and tearing down the bed. That is an attractive feature but nothing compared to having a deluxe with the wider bed!
Because of the wider bed, a 13Dlxe is roomier than a 16standard where it counts since we sleep inside and dance outside the trailer.
To Floyd and especially to his lucky wife:

40 years!
You're an inspiration to us all...

Francesca
Old 04-19-2011, 09:13 AM   #45

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Hey Floyd, we're half way to ya! We will have been married 20 yrs this December.

Quote:

When we attend a ScampCamp, we set up the table or the wraparound couch daily. otherwise we just do so as we choose,often choosing to have our meals while just kicked back on the bed watching a movie.
Truth be told we often eschew the dinette at home for the comforts of a meal and a movie in the den.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:14 AM   #46

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
To Floyd and especially to his lucky wife:

40 years!
You're an inspiration to us all...

Francesca
Thank you for the kind words.
One of the advantages of our 13 front bath is that we don't have to travel far for a hug!

Another is that we tow with a 4CYL Escape and a 4.0L Ranger each is economical and up to the task.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:19 AM   #47

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab View Post
Hey Floyd, we're half way to ya! We will have been married 20 yrs this December.
More like 3/4 of the way, since time speeds up with age.
We waited for years, until we were old enough and rich enough to get married...
18&19 years of age and a $35 car! (no prenup..LOL)
Old 04-19-2011, 09:23 AM   #48

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Floyd

I guess you are as old as you look but your bride?!?

Ed
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:26 AM   #49

Wow! Ya'll were just young pups! We were 21 and 23 and had the Air Force providing food and shelter. I had a car, he didnt, lol. But we started dating at 16 and 18 so we've been together 25 yrs! Wow, suddenly I feel old, lol.

Quote:
More like 3/4 of the way, since time speeds up with age.
We waited for years, until we were old enough and rich enough to get married...
18&19 years of age and a $35 car! (no prenup..LOL)
Old 04-20-2011, 01:13 PM   #50

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
40 years

Quote:

Thanks for your great advice . It will be 41 years for us in August.
5 kids and 9 grandkids later, I'm finally going to get my trailer , see the country and spend some time with my wife .

THANKS STEVE D
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:50 PM   #51

Registry
This thread should be tagged "advice for couples who've been together a lo-o-o-n-g time and still like each other!"

Quote:

Quote:
One of the advantages of our 13 front bath is that we don't have to travel far for a hug!
Quote:
Quote:
Wow! Ya'll were just young pups! We were 21 and 23 and had the Air Force providing food and shelter. I had a car, he didnt, lol. But we started dating at 16 and 18 so we've been together 25 yrs! Wow, suddenly I feel old, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Thanks for your great advice . It will be 41 years for us in August.
5 kids and 9 grandkids later, I'm finally going to get my trailer , see the country and spend some time with my wife .

THANKS STEVE D
Old 04-20-2011, 02:38 PM   #52

Floyd, did you order your Scamp with the U-dinette or was that your mod?
Old 04-20-2011, 02:57 PM   #53

Registry
Quote:
Floyd, did you order your Scamp with the U-dinette or was that your mod?
It was my mod, maybe only one of a hundred, but one of my favorites!
Old 04-20-2011, 03:49 PM   #54

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
We are also putting in a U shaped dinette in our Scamp 16.. It makes total sense for two people.

In addition traveling in a small trailer has all the elemnts of being young lovers. I believe it's good for your health and relationship.

We are definitely healthier than before retiring to RVing.

Though we've had a stong relationship for some 53 years (46 married) I can say it's never been stronger. Being continuously together confirms why I married my wife in the first place, a wonderful woman I still learn from every day.

Norm
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:13 PM   #55

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post

In addition traveling in a small trailer has all the elemnts of being young lovers. I believe it's good for your health and relationship.

We are definitely healthier than before retiring to RVing.

Though we've had a stong relationship for some 53 years (46 married) I can say it's never been stronger. Being continuously together confirms why I married my wife in the first place, a wonderful woman I still learn from every day.

Norm
I kid you not: You folks are really making me tear up
I hope you're showing these little Valentines to your partners!

Francesca
Old 04-20-2011, 05:04 PM   #56

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
In general there's something special about RV couples. I'm not sure if it's a result of RVing or that people who succeed at RVing like each other to begin with.

I know we liked each other before we started and like each other even better now.

I sometimes think it's like being a kid again with your best friend, a swim together, a hike together, most every minute shared.

There's a couple in our SKP park every one calls Ken and Barbie. They even often dress alike and are always together. It's their second marriage and a wondrous match, they're always smiling like young lovers, usually holding hands after 32 years, warming the hearts of all they meet.

Watching 'the Others' is a marvelous opportunity to Groundhog Day your life.

Norm
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:12 PM   #57

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Wonderful love stories! I met Mr. B in 1966 when I was 13 and he was 16. (I was smitten that first day!) 5 years later we married. Uncle Sam called the shots for the first 3 years.
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:50 PM   #58

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
Quote:
Congratulations Floyd!
Marilyn and I aren't too far behind, it will be 38 this year. We don't have that spacious bed that you two have, but it works for us! I do think you have the nicest looking 13 I've ever seen!

John
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:23 PM   #59

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie B. View Post
Wonderful love stories! I met Mr. B in 1966 when I was 13 and he was 16. (I was smitten that first day!) 5 years later we married.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar1 View Post
Congratulations Floyd!
Marilyn and I aren't too far behind, it will be 38 this year.

John
!!!!!!

!!!!!!

Pass the hankies...

Francesca (and Gregg:"only" 22 years, but we've still got lots to talk about! )
Old 04-20-2011, 08:51 PM   #60

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
OK here's my story and I'm sticking to it.
We've been married 31 years, second time around for both of us. We worked for the same company for 10 of those years where I often gave you directions and assignments. We've had our Scamp for 5.5 years. We've spent a lot of time camping in it. This year was the longest trip we've taken, it lasted 97 days. After all that we're still very happy together and planning an even longer trip next went and some shorter ones this summer and fall.

Tags
scamp