2009 Toyota Venza - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-04-2009, 09:32 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Name: Phil
Trailer: 1977 Trillium 4500 (previously a 1978 Trillium 4500, Rpod 171 and Surveyor SV251)
Nova Scotia
Posts: 204
I was looking at the video of the Venza on Toyota Canada's website and recognized it as having been filmed, in part, at the Etobicoke Yacht Club (Toronto) where I used to keep my boat - neat.

http://www.toyota.ca/cgi-bin/WebObjects/WW...11?index%2ehtml

here is another Canadian review

http://drivingtv.canada.com/CarRevie...s.php?ccID=702
__________________

__________________
77 Trillium 4500
Phil 4500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:06 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Roger H's Avatar
 
Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Iowa
Posts: 5,000
The best station wagon I've ever owned... and I miss it! These teenie-tiny "crossovers" are for kids.


Click image for larger version

Name:	P6113092__2_.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	17758


Roger
__________________

__________________
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:53 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Pete Dumbleton's Avatar
 
Trailer: Scamp
Posts: 3,072
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Actually, the best family vehicle for me was a full-sized Dodge van with long body and set up for sleeping or table inside -- Plenty of room for transporting scouts and back-packing gear, power for pulling boats, etc.

OTOH, we also had a Pinto station wagon pulling a small utility trailer which we would load with tools or family camping gear or whatever and that was a really useful rig, plus fun to drive (It did not have the Fireball Ending which was only available on the Pinto sedan body).
__________________
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:50 PM   #18
Member
 
Ron Stewart's Avatar
 
Trailer: 2009 17 ft Escape
Posts: 95
Registry
I sat in one in a showroom today. This is MUCH bigger than my Subaru Forester or my father's Outback. I can see over the top, but just barely. I think it is wider and it is definitely longer than the RAV 4 beside it in the showroom. Seat height is higher than an Outback, but significantly lower than the RAV 4.

The interior is very, very nice.

I am planning on buying a 17 foot Escape, and want a tractor with a 3500 lb tow rating. The Venza would top my list except that financing is 5.9%, compared to 0% for the Ford Escape or Mazda Tribute. The sticker price of the Venza is $4,000 higher, but after 60 months at that interest differential, the Venza will cost $15,000 more than the Tribute. I just can't make that work.

Ron
Vancouver, BC
__________________
Ron Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:27 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Pete Dumbleton's Avatar
 
Trailer: Scamp
Posts: 3,072
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
I really don't know how the 0% financing works (other than the purchase price has to be higher to compensate for it), but I'd be in there talking to the Toyota people about a better financing deal or lower price -- They've got to be under some pressure to sell given their record low performance recently.

I usually try to pay cash for vehicles, effectively taking a loan from myself -- Every time I have taken a loan from others I have had some kind of problem.
__________________
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:30 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Mike Magee's Avatar
 
Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Posts: 5,145
Quote:
I sat in one in a showroom today. This is MUCH bigger than my Subaru Forester or my father's Outback. I can see over the top, but just barely. I think it is wider and it is definitely longer than the RAV 4 beside it in the showroom. Seat height is higher than an Outback, but significantly lower than the RAV 4.

The interior is very, very nice.

I am planning on buying a 17 foot Escape, and want a tractor with a 3500 lb tow rating. The Venza would top my list except that financing is 5.9%, compared to 0% for the Ford Escape or Mazda Tribute. The sticker price of the Venza is $4,000 higher, but after 60 months at that interest differential, the Venza will cost $15,000 more than the Tribute. I just can't make that work.

Ron
Vancouver, BC
That seems a bit high. Don't forget that as the principal balance declines during the loan's life, so does the interest. The interest on $30K at 6.5% on a 60 month loan is about $5200. But still, we certainly see your point.
__________________
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:29 PM   #21
Member
 
Ron Stewart's Avatar
 
Trailer: 2009 17 ft Escape
Posts: 95
Registry
Quote:
That seems a bit high. Don't forget that as the principal balance declines during the loan's life, so does the interest. The interest on $30K at 6.5% on a 60 month loan is about $5200. But still, we certainly see your point.
I rechecked, and can't figure out how I got those numbers. And me a math teacher.

After freight, taxes and fees, a base V6 AWD Venza, no towing package is $36,950 Canadian. At 5.9%, 60 monthly payments of $712.60 = $42,760.

A V6 4WD Mazda Tribute, GS trim which includes a towing package is $35,110. At 0%, 60 monthly payments of $586 = $35,110.

The difference, then is $7,800 after five years. Plus many more hundreds for the towing gear on the Venza. If it is priced like the RAV 4, it is over $1000, which is about $1200 after financing. So the real difference is (only) $9,000.

Around here, Toyota dealers will NOT budge on price or terms. They have a limited number of Venzas, and expect to run out of stock before more they receive their next delivery. Or so they say.

Ron
__________________
Ron Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:13 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Booker B.'s Avatar
 
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Posts: 983
You have to always consider resale value too. Toyota's deprecate much less compared to other manufacturers with the exception of Honda - even Mazda's drop pretty quickly in price. I have been shopping around for a while for a used Tacoma quad cab and the prices are still quite high considering the economy.
__________________
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:30 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Name: Phil
Trailer: 1977 Trillium 4500 (previously a 1978 Trillium 4500, Rpod 171 and Surveyor SV251)
Nova Scotia
Posts: 204
Quote:
I rechecked, and can't figure out how I got those numbers. And me a math teacher.

After freight, taxes and fees, a base V6 AWD Venza, no towing package is $36,950 Canadian. At 5.9%, 60 monthly payments of $712.60 = $42,760.

A V6 4WD Mazda Tribute, GS trim which includes a towing package is $35,110. At 0%, 60 monthly payments of $586 = $35,110.

The difference, then is $7,800 after five years. Plus many more hundreds for the towing gear on the Venza. If it is priced like the RAV 4, it is over $1000, which is about $1200 after financing. So the real difference is (only) $9,000.

Around here, Toyota dealers will NOT budge on price or terms. They have a limited number of Venzas, and expect to run out of stock before more they receive their next delivery. Or so they say.

Ron
I recommend you look at edmunds.com and plug these vehicles into their "true cost to own" over a 5 year period. If you take into account resale values, fuel consumption and repairs, you may find the difference negligible.
__________________
77 Trillium 4500
Phil 4500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:40 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Name: Phil
Trailer: 1977 Trillium 4500 (previously a 1978 Trillium 4500, Rpod 171 and Surveyor SV251)
Nova Scotia
Posts: 204
Tim Hortons is giving away 35 Venza's in their roll up the rim contest which just started. Good luck!
__________________
77 Trillium 4500
Phil 4500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:55 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Posts: 509
Quote:
The difference, then is $7,800 after five years. Plus many more hundreds for the towing gear on the Venza. If it is priced like the RAV 4, it is over $1000, which is about $1200 after financing. So the real difference is (only) $9,000.
Ron
The difference in cost ($9,000) isn't the cost of ownership over 5 years, its the finance cost. A difference between 0% and 5.9% financing.

Like comparing apples, oranges, and nuts.

__________________
CD and Joyce Smith - Lily, Violet, and Rose
1999 Casita 17' SD - "The Little Egg"
2007 Escalade - 6.2L V8 - 6L80E Trans - 3.42 Diff
CD Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:35 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
JenPB's Avatar
 
Name: Jen
Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Posts: 321
Registry
This looks and sounds great, but I'd sure like it to have been hybrid, too. We do a lot of town driving (without the trailer) and hybrid would help us out a lot. Plus, those batteries couldn't hurt in the TV:trailer weight ratio!
__________________

__________________
Jen
The Blog - travels and more
The Book - what we do around these parts
JenPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Used Toyota 4Runner to tow 16' Casita Monica M Towing, Hitching, Axles and Running Gear 15 01-11-2009 07:17 PM
Toyota Cowrolla Pete Dumbleton General Chat 2 05-18-2008 04:09 PM
Towing with Toyota Sienna 3.3L Alan P. Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 7 05-29-2007 11:31 PM
New Rugged 4WD from Toyota Kent General Chat 21 10-13-2006 04:04 PM
New Toyota Tug? Al Stansell General Chat 11 01-17-2006 10:59 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.