92 Bigfoot 17' axle - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-28-2014, 03:20 PM   #15
Name: Jack L
Trailer: Bigfoot B-17 CB
Jeff, It's really not the springs that are doing this. It's the way the axle was underslung or flipped. Look at your axle and you will probably have a 4" drop axle and you can remount it below the springs like in the photo and raise your trailer and pick up 4" of body lift but the axle will remain the same distance from the ground. You can change to a straight axle and get the same trailer height plus 4" of ground clearance. Post a photo from under your trailer if you can.

Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 04:47 PM   #16
Name: Wayne
Trailer: Nest fan, Airstream owner
Originally Posted by Franswa View Post
Honda lists the tow rating for the Odyssey at 3500 (same with the Pilot BTW)...you have to move to the Ridgeline to get 5000 tow rating...

it's complicated math but I'm guessing if you hook up 3500 lbs behind it you won't be able to carry too much stuff IN the van itself...."legally"
I like the Ridge and if I were to own a pick up the Ridge would be my 1st choice. It has a 3/4 ton payload rating and the Oddy is only 150lbs less.

From what I have read if you did an side by side towing test between the Ridge and an Oddy towing the identical 3,500lb trailer the Oddy would out perform the Ridge in every test. The Oddy's are a top raded TV.

PS... your new spring set up on the BF looks real nice. Looks like a pro job.

MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:44 PM   #17
Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
sorry Jeff.....

I went to a spring shop...there were no brand names or numbers....local shop "out in the boonies"....it's all they do....done buisness there before...great spot/people

did some checking...Honda says towing capacity for the Oddy is 1600KG or something close....Ridgeline is like 2500....both have the same engine....might have something to do with the fact that the Oddy is unibody construction and the Ridge has a frame... different transmissions too.....I dunno
Attached Thumbnails

Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote

axle, bigfoot