A different kind of coupler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2012, 11:30 PM   #1

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
A different kind of coupler

Has anyone ever tried the "QUICKBITE COUPLER"?

Looks very intriguing.

If it works "as advertised" it could eliminate or reduce a LOT of issues related to hitching, latching, (and maybe even help with the "hitching on" for some folks! )
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:05 AM   #2

Name: gary
Trailer: 16' 1998 Scamp
Minnesota
Registry
In case anyone (like me) was wondering...

Quickbite Trailer Coupler - Straight Tongue - 2in Ball - 10k

And this...

Looks interesting.
fusedlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:35 AM   #3

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDave View Post
Has anyone ever tried the "QUICKBITE COUPLER"?

Looks very intriguing.

If it works "as advertised" it could eliminate or reduce a LOT of issues related to hitching, latching, (and maybe even help with the "hitching on" for some folks! )
Not exactly like it, but it reminds me of a traincar coupler.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #4

Name: Ron
Trailer: Trillium 13 ft (green grape)
Ontario
Looks very, very interesting. What kind of cost is involved ?
Has anyone else come in contact wiyh one of these ?

RRJR
RRJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:20 PM   #5

Name: Fran
Trailer: None now - had 2 Scamps and 1 Escape
Registry
Wonder if this would work on a Scamp 5er...
Looks like you'd have to cut off the existing 'cup' and bolt or weld thisone on.

The cost on the link was just a bit over $100.

Fran
Fran L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #6

Name: David
Trailer: 16 foot Scamp
Arizona
That looks like a great system.

I've been using a different unit for years and it attaches to your existing hitch. You just have to remember to pull them out before towing. I forgot once and bent mine a bit . It guides the hitch over the ball and makes one man hook ups easy. The other advantage is they work with other trailers you might need to tow as well.

DuraSafe CC001 Coupler Connect Trailer Hitch Alignment Device : Amazon.com : Automotive
DavidSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #7

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Just learn to back up and they all work OK.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #8

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSo View Post
That looks like a great system.

I've been using a different unit for years and it attaches to your existing hitch. You just have to remember to pull them out before towing. I forgot once and bent mine a bit . It guides the hitch over the ball and makes one man hook ups easy. The other advantage is they work with other trailers you might need to tow as well.

DuraSafe CC001 Coupler Connect Trailer Hitch Alignment Device : Amazon.com : Automotive
I solo with my trailer. I also use the DuraSafe Coupler in conjunction with the magnetic alignment balls and a back up camera on my SUV. This combo works really well for me.

For about $5, I added "The Coupler Protect" to my purchase. Coupler Connect plus Protect, Coupler Connect and Extra Parts

The Coupler Protect is a separate hold down device that prevents the coupler from accidentally popping off the two ball during travel. You can use a padlock on the "Protect" to help prevent theft. BTW, the "base plate" slot which holds the "Protect" was accidentally bent out of shape (I probably backed into something when driving around town so I'm sure I am at fault) and DuraSafe replaced it at no cost.

Upon reviewing the Quickbite Coupler video, I'm thinking that the DuraSafe Coupler gives you a little more width when trying to hitch up. What it does is slide the ball into the couple those last couple of inches, saving my sanity and time. CHECK OUT THE VIDEO ON THE DURASAFE LINK!

My two cents: The Quickbite is a rather expensive product. But something to try if you need to replace your old, rusty, bent coupler (as I did last year). If your current coupler is in good shape, I'd recommend going for the far less expensive alternative.

Having said that, I'd love for someone to buy the Quickbite and review it on this site.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #9

Name: Jason
Trailer: Egg Camper
Tennessee
I have seen that type of coupler before. We had a 5th wheel equipment trailer with that style attachment, instead of the pin and plate like most camp trailers. Just back into it until you hit (the trailer brakes are locked when the coupler is open, on our trailer). Super easy to hook up and dead obvious if it is not properly latched. When mine wears out, I'm putting this on.

Jason

PS: sorry, forgot to say I was talking about the quick bite.
SilverGhost is offline   Reply With Quote