anyone using Michelin MS2 tires? - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-15-2013, 08:37 AM   #1

Name: Arlon
Trailer: 2002 Casita Bunk Delux
Texas
anyone using Michelin LTX MS2 tires?

I just replaced my old tires with a new set of Michelin MS2 (E range) tires. Put a couple thousand miles on them in the last few weeks including towing a car hauler and car for 600 miles. These tires seem to "squirm" a lot more than the old tires did. Truck wanders a bit worse and is bouncier than it was with the old tires. Afraid I'm stuck with them, just a little unhappy to pay that much for what was advertised as the best tire around and having handling issues with them..

Anyone else running these tires? All the reviews seem pretty good on them, maybe it's just my truck. Going to try playing with tire pressure and see if I can improve anything there.

2006 Xterra MT (for sale)
arlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:59 AM   #2

Name: Eddie
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Virginia
Arlon
My son has a 96 Ram/Cummins and recently after replacing tires he had noticeably more issues with wandering. He found several front end items worn in the steering linkage. He went on-line and found a package that replaced most all the linkage at about half the cost of buying local. He said the truck drives like a new truck now.
Eddie

Old 05-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #3

Name: Jason
Trailer: Egg Camper
Tennessee
I have heard that complaint with Michelin tyres before. It usually comes from the LRR tyres made for MPG. But not so much with the LTX.

Might be like Eddie says, check out the play in the suspension.

Jason
Old 05-15-2013, 09:55 AM   #4

Texas
Just had the front end gone through a few months ago. I really doubt there is an issue up there. I'm thinking these are just more flexible tires than I'm used to. I'm going to try bumping the front pressure up and the rears down a little and see what happens. It's probably just different and not necessarily bad. Somethin I'll get used to. Did like the wet traction, way better than the old tires and much quieter. I guess like everything, it always a trade off.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #5

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
I assume this is the Michelin LTX M/S2.

Squirmy and good wet traction? Sounds like a tire with lots of tread depth (deep grooves) and small tread
blocks (and I see in photos it also has lots of siping): all features to get rid of water, all allowing tread squirm. Life is full of compromises, and this is one of them.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #6

Texas
That's the one.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:52 PM   #7

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
I've had the Michelin LTX M/S (which appears to be the same as the M/S2) on my Jeep for 78, 193 miles. I'm in need of new tires and am trying to get to 80,000 miles just for the heck of it. This is almost double any of the other tires I've run on my Jeep.

I've never notice any squirming or extra bounce. The tires do squeal more than any others when making a turn such as into a parking space.

I'll not hesitate putting the M/S 2 on my Jeep when the time comes which should be very soon as 2 of the tires are very lean. All four tires have worn evenly. I run 35 psi in my tires.

Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires