Axle - Their oops, your gain? - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-25-2013, 07:01 PM   #1

Name: Derek
Trailer: 1973 boler 13', Earlton On
Ontario
Registry
Axle - Their oops, your gain?

If you have been following a recent thread, I recently purchased an axle for my Boler trailer. The first axle arrived 1/4" too small. There was nothing wrong with the axle. The dealer just made a clerical error when ordering. Unfortunately for me to use it, I would have needed extensive frame modifications to make it fit.

This is a #9 Dexter Torflex axle with 7" electric drum brakes, brackets mounted for leading arm, and a 10% down angle. I'm NOT a math wizard, so dont ask me for a lot of measurement calculations. What I know is that I gave them my old axle and told them to match it.

Because of the unusual configuration, the dealer has slated this axle for disposal. If you are in the Toronto area, and think you make be able to make this axle fit your rig, it MAY be possible to get a discounted axle.

This particular dealer has had plenty of frustration with boler axles in the past. Too many configurations come back with problems. Every trailer is different. Sadly, if they get many more frustrations they may stop selling axles for bolers.

In this case I have chosen not to publish the dealer's name in my message. They made a mistake, but they have done the honorable thing and corrected it. If this axle is of interest, contact me and I will message you privately. This axle is not officially for sale. My objective is to assist them in minimizing their losses.

Derek

Old 01-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #2
Raz

Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Good thinking. I hope it's a win win for the dealer and a member.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #3

Name: Derek
Trailer: 1973 boler 13', Earlton On
Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
Good thinking. I hope it's a win win for the dealer and a member.
Yes, that's my hope too. Anybody interested will have to act promptly though. I doubt they will keep it for long.

Derek

Tags
axle