bearing help please - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-22-2006, 08:52 PM   #15
Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
The adapter from E-Trailer won`t be much good for the 6 pin Bargman hex , if that is what`s on the trailer, since that adapter has round pins.........I would pick up another flat 4 connector, remove the the 6 pin for the time being, and connect up running lights from the tow vehicle to the bared wires on the trailer using the proper mate to the flat 4 on the tow vehicle....when you get home change the connector to whatever configuration you want to..... Benny

Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 12:22 PM   #16
Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Pete, that does look like the same approach as the 4-to-7 adapter, but with no requirement for high ground circuit capacity (no support for brakes) the 4-to-6 version doesn't need to separate out the ground wire, so it's a simple plug-in as far as wiring is concerned. Like the 4-to-7, mounting of the receptacle is still required.

The reason I am guessing that this is really a 7 (not 6) pin plug on the Boler is that I have never heard of separate turn signals from the factory on a Boler.

Kelly, this could be like the bearings: if you're not really sure what the trailer plug is, buy both types of adapter and return the unused on when you get home. I don't know about you, but I'm certainly not sure which one you are describing, because the 6-pin design isn't hexagonal (round body, the pins for a pentagon instead of a hex because one is in the middle) and the Bargman/RV design doesn't have six pins (although the outer six flat pins do form a hexagon in the round body).

Benny's approach would work, too, but if the Boler has a cable moulded to the plug and in good condition, I would hate to cut it off for a temporary rigging. On the other hand, it could be a good excuse to put a nice new connector and cable on the trailer later!

1979 Boler B1700RGH, pulled by 2004 Toyota Sienna LE 2WD
Information is good. Lack of information is not so good, but misinformation is much worse. Check facts, and apply common sense liberally.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:59 PM   #17
Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
I think (and I could be wrong) that Kelly's going to find that it's not really a hex, but five round pins arranged in a pentagon with a sixth round pin in the center, all in a round housing -- That's the only kind of Round Six-way connector I have run across.

Here's the pictures.

It is crucial as to whether it is a Six-Way (supports lights plus batty charging) or Seven-Way (supports lights, brakes and auxilliary), but that's solved in this case by getting both adapters and returning the unused one.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 07:55 AM   #18
Trailer: 72 Boler
Thanks to everybody for your help. I think that I have all the adapters and bearings and gizzies that I could possibly need to take with me. All of your suggestions are appreciated. I am leaving in the AM tomorrow on the boler purchasing adventure. Will report back when we are safely home. Thanks again and Happy Holidays!
Kelly S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:27 PM   #19
Trailer: 72 Boler
YEA WE ARE HOME!!! We have arrived safely and happily home, thanks to everyone's suggestions. Have lots of questions about this cute little 13' egglike thing and will ask them in a little while. Wanted to let you all know we made it home...
Kelly and ?
Kelly S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 07:03 PM   #20
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Glad you're home safely and things were UNeventful. We're here to help answers any questions you may have and are patiently waiting for pictures

Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote