Bearings for 1985 Casita Patriot Deluxe 13' - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2010, 01:56 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Registry
Bearings for 1985 Casita Patriot Deluxe 13'

I called Casita's parts department for replacement parts info for new bearings, and was given a Dexter BK-1-150 kit, part number #2200 for a 2200# axle.

Can't seem to find that kit number anywhere, including Dexter .

I want to replace my bearings myself, and have a spare set in my road kit. My trip is next week, and am hoping one of you vintage Casita owners can help a girl out. I know I could remove the bearings/hub assembly and take them to my local Dexter dealer, but if I can avoid the extra trip, I'd be thrilled!

Thanks in advance.
Michele B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:37 PM   #2

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Do Yourself A Favor

Do yourself a favor and take a set of bearings to the parts place to insure you get the correct part.

The inside and outside bearings plus the seal.

You can look in Tractor Supply, Gander Mountain or other parts places.

I always take the part with me to the parts store just to be sure I get the correct replacement and I have been doing mechanic work for over 50 years.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:44 PM   #3

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
E-trailer lists one for a 1.25" spindle with that part number
Bearing Kit for 1.25" BTR Spindle, L44649 Inner/Outer Bearings, 10-60 Seal TruRyde Trailer Bearings and Races BK1-150
Any place that works on trailers or auto shop should be able to measure and order you some bearings. If you take yours off, chances are you will be able to find a part number on them. Double check the inner and outer bearings because sometimes they differ.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:03 PM   #4

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele B View Post
I called Casita's parts department for replacement parts info for new bearings, and was given a Dexter BK-1-150 kit, part number #2200 for a 2200# axle.

Can't seem to find that kit number anywhere, including Dexter .

I want to replace my bearings myself, and have a spare set in my road kit. My trip is next week, and am hoping one of you vintage Casita owners can help a girl out. I know I could remove the bearings/hub assembly and take them to my local Dexter dealer, but if I can avoid the extra trip, I'd be thrilled!

Thanks in advance.
Clean'em real good like... you'll find teeny weeny part numbers stamped in the spindle side race and along the wide side edge on the flat.

Go here and enlarge the image and look closely...

Reese/3/4 in. wheel bearing kit (72789) | Trailer Bearing | AutoZone.com
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:26 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Registry
Thanks for the find, Roy And thanks to all for the answers. I've seen some decent how-to packing videos, but my neighbor and I are going to pack the bearings on his trailer and mine this weekend, so I'll get some guidance. Roy, I put in an order from e-trailer, so if I see a lot of wear on the existing gear, I can swap them out.
Michele B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:30 PM   #6

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele B View Post
I put in an order from e-trailer
I just hope it is the one you need. Do you have an auto parts supplier near you? Most auto parts places have cross reference manuals for part numbers.

Here is a picture of a bearing where you can see the number. It is a LM12749 made by SKF in Mexico.

Name:   bearing_number.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  17.7 KB
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita