Blueprint, schematic, specs on Lil Bigfoot frame? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-21-2016, 10:09 AM   #29

Name: Eve
Trailer: 1988 13.5' Bigfoot
Oregon
I have a 13.5' Lil Bigfoot and am located in Grants Pass, OR. If you are ever up this way, we could take it somewhere to get measurements of my axle if that would help.
Let me know if this would work for you.
Fellow Bigfooter
Eve

Old 06-21-2016, 10:15 AM   #30

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Lady View Post
I have a 13.5' Lil Bigfoot and am located in Grants Pass, OR. If you are ever up this way, we could take it somewhere to get measurements of my axle if that would help.
Let me know if this would work for you.
Fellow Bigfooter
Eve
Eve, amazing you should post this right now! At this moment (literally) we are getting a new axle installed. In a day or two, I plan to post the diagrams and order info the repair shop used to organize the new axle.

Do you have your original axle? What year is your Lil Bigfoot? How long have you had it, and how do you like it?

(Thank you so much for your generous offer! We actually purchased this little egg in Grants Pass!)

5 cylinders, 5 speed auto transmission
Ellpea in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 01:45 PM   #31

Name: Slawek
Trailer: custom
California
Sorry its to late to give U all the info but for a next person that needs to know what it looks like, here is a pic of frame with original dexter axel and 7inch brakes
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg  
Old 06-29-2016, 02:02 PM   #32

Name: K C
Trailer: 1980 18' Sunrader Motorhome and 1971 Trails West CampMite Campster
Washington
Almost seems like it would be easier to have a new trailer made where the frame was straight at the position the axles mount. Rather goofy not to have designed it that way in the first place. Seeing that photo makes me think they force fed their axle modification to fit onto a little boat trailer frame. Of course I have no real idea what their thinking was all about.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:24 AM   #33

Name: Bronx Bob
Trailer: Currently Shopping
California
Bolted on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toykiter View Post
Sorry its to late to give U all the info but for a next person that needs to know what it looks like, here is a pic of frame with original dexter axel and 7inch brakes
I'll be checking out a 13' in a few hours. If the starts are ailgned and the frame looks like the one in your photo, I see NO reason why I can't remove the bolts holding the frame, then add a 2" lift kit...
Old 08-14-2016, 01:42 PM   #34

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
Almost seems like it would be easier to have a new trailer made where the frame was straight at the position the axles mount. Rather goofy not to have designed it that way in the first place. Seeing that photo makes me think they force fed their axle modification to fit onto a little boat trailer frame. Of course I have no real idea what their thinking was all about.
I think you are right. I think they found a bunch of boat trailers on sale and made the axle work. Then decided that was nutty and should never be done again.

Except, unfortunately, but the people who had to replace the axle in later years.

5 cylinders, 5 speed auto transmission
Ellpea in CA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot