Michigan
Registry
The studs are5 x 4.5", I had our daughter measure them

Old 12-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #16

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
According to messages on UHaulcamper.com, the measurement on the UHaul wheels is 5 X 4.75. You said your measurement was 5 X 4.5. I think you have a different axle and hub! Do you need to pack your bearings? If so, it is definitely not a UHaul hub. The UHaul hubs are sealed for life (or until they blow out, like one of our hubs did).

If you can crawl under the VT and see what brand of axle you have, you should be able to order brakes to fit it. Many axles are Dexters and they can accommodate brakes, but I'm not sure if they are 7" or 10".

I would love to see a picture of the hitch on the end of your tongue. I curious how they took the surge unit off and fastened the hitch. I'm guessing it was welded on to replace the hitch built in to the surge unit.

Good luck with your new project! You will love it! Thanks for the idea for bleeding the surge brakes, too. I'll try it when I uncover the trailer next spring.

Old 12-03-2011, 08:53 PM   #17

Name: Roger
Trailer: U Hall VT
Michigan
Registry
5 bolt is for a 3500lb, whitch is 10" brakes, 7" are for 2500lb, they took everything off down to the square tube and then bolted the hitch on, did a nice job. I'll be in Wichita in January, and will take pictures at that time, they have alot of hubs on E-bay, some might fit a UHall axle
Old 12-04-2011, 09:54 AM   #18

Michigan
Registry
Lighting- LED, RV and Trailer Trim, Seals items in R and P Carriages Trailer Sales store on eBay!

In this site it will show about the axles, go here then on the left side scroll down to axles then after the page comes up scroll down to the bottom 1/3 of the page

You need to click on the auction site for putting brakes on a axle the hub is showing.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:58 AM   #19

Michigan
Registry

Tags
brakes