Hello... I'm committed to replacing the axle
on my '79 Burro
and trying to decide on downangle. Some questions:
- I'm interested in possibly going to slightly larger tires
(15"). It looks like there is no wheel well problem here. Any advice here?
- It seems like I would benefit from the increased ride height offered by the 22 degree down option because of higher hitch height and the preference to having a slightly forward leaning trailer rather than back. On the other hand, maybe the increased height may add to instability. I should note that my tow vehicle has pretty good ground clearance. Any thoughts here?
- I'm worried that maybe the 22 degree down angle might 'look weird' on the trailer with wheels too far out of their wells, violating the original spirit of the trailer. Thoughts?
- The step up. Is this a problem? I have no issues with using a step on the ground but will this get old real quick, leaving me longing for the 10 degree?
- What is the actual difference in inches between the two?
- Does 22 vs 10 have a difference in the quality of the ride for the trailer and its non living occupants?
- What is the original spec?
- I took measurements. Anyone want to share theirs so I can feel more or less confident in mine?
- Am I overthinking this? Sorry for the super long text above, but I wanted to do some crowdsourcing on this.
, Rochester NY